What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"NYC Piff"

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Piff is still around in many forms

And there's nothing quite like it. That's why the truly exceptional strains survive the test of time.

How many clones/cuts from the 80s and early 90s are still around?

Not many. Cuban Black Haze is one. I believe 1988 if I remember correctly.

People get so scared of the flower times, realizing that they don't require any veg time from clone. These are also the same people that have never smoked real piff done correctly.

I really am intrigued also by your Redline Haze, I think that I would like that one a lot.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Piff is still around in many forms

the class tires of hearing about how its still around.
lets see some daggone pics.
dangit.

:scripture:
:dance:

-cap

@Hydro....
I still see the "classics" from the 80s and 90s floating around.
Hell, most the the stuff people sell in the bigger seedbanks is some relative of either white widow or northern lights; even many of the popular strains today like NL5 x Hz. Its great smoke, and nice to be able to still get in seed form. Romulan, too. Thats another classic still around alot.
While we do see many trying to capture lightning in a bottle twice (see durban poison) there are some really good classics still available in seed form.
-Big bud.
-NL.
-White Widow.
-Blueberry.
-Skunk. Oh lawd, Skunk.
-Romulan.
-Herijuana. (no arguments, please)
Even real old school genetics like 'heirloom' hazes.

Classics.

We get spoiled, sometimes, with all the new, killer, varieties that we tend to overlook the classics.
Back in the days before 'decriminalization' in the states, people kept cuts that made money.
When the sour diesel craze happened, for example, everyone and their rented mule wanted it, so, thats what everyone grew.
Its not the that classics are 'bad' or 'not worthy' they have just been around the track too many times, and needs some new tires. And with the Hellcats and SRTs out there these days (GSC, flavor of the week, etc etc) I can understand why. People want the 'newest fad"

Just my $.02 adjusted for this 'new economy'
At least the weed is getting better.

Stay safe, yall.

vanilla dutch

the class tires of hearing about how its still around.
lets see some daggone pics.
dangit.

:scripture:
:dance:

-cap

@Hydro....
I still see the "classics" from the 80s and 90s floating around.
Hell, most the the stuff people sell in the bigger seedbanks is some relative of either white widow or northern lights; even many of the popular strains today like NL5 x Hz. Its great smoke, and nice to be able to still get in seed form. Romulan, too. Thats another classic still around alot.
While we do see many trying to capture lightning in a bottle twice (see durban poison) there are some really good classics still available in seed form.
-Big bud.
-NL.
-White Widow.
-Blueberry.
-Skunk. Oh lawd, Skunk.
-Romulan.
-Herijuana. (no arguments, please)
Even real old school genetics like 'heirloom' hazes.

Classics.

We get spoiled, sometimes, with all the new, killer, varieties that we tend to overlook the classics.
Back in the days before 'decriminalization' in the states, people kept cuts that made money.
When the sour diesel craze happened, for example, everyone and their rented mule wanted it, so, thats what everyone grew.
Its not the that classics are 'bad' or 'not worthy' they have just been around the track too many times, and needs some new tires. And with the Hellcats and SRTs out there these days (GSC, flavor of the week, etc etc) I can understand why. People want the 'newest fad"

Just my $.02 adjusted for this 'new economy'
At least the weed is getting better.

Stay safe, yall.
Theres a couple of pics in my gallery labeled haze.

HappyDude32ed

Is "P Haze" by Top Dawg seeds supposed to be NY Piff ? I remember it was also called Purple Haze back in the 90s. I dont know what the "P" stands for in "P Haze" nor can I find ANY info about it online. The seller listed it as

P Haze (HP#13 x A5 Haze bx1)

Anyone have any info ?

Do you think if I bought some they would have that church/incense/musk pheno I want ?

vanilla dutch

Is "P Haze" by Top Dawg seeds supposed to be NY Piff ? I remember it was also called Purple Haze back in the 90s. I dont know what the "P" stands for in "P Haze" nor can I find ANY info about it online. The seller listed it as

P Haze (HP#13 x A5 Haze bx1)

Anyone have any info ?

Do you think if I bought some they would have that church/incense/musk pheno I want ?

Find out is the best advice.buy em. grow em.smoke em. But like i said.ssh is confirmed.original haze is confirmed.chimeras inscent haze is more than likely.no experiance with it personally. Its all about preferences.everybody has to remember they run seeds and clones.get into deep thought and think about for a minute.seeds vs clones.

HappyDude32ed

I definetly picked them up. I coukdnt let them go with a chance 😄 I guess in the future I will find out.
And thank you or all the advice and the welcome !