What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

16,000 watt warehouse grow part one

hounddogg

Ever figure out what caused the yellow on the leaves? I had the same problem. I'm wanting to think maybe it was from ph fluctuations, but I have no idea really since I have never had the problem before.

R

RMCG

That's rough for the large-scale medical marijuana industry. Everyone's making a big deal out of these new "regulations". Haha, but half of my patients live with me. And I drive them all to work and cook/shop for all of them. I know I'm not doing anything wrong, even with the strictest of laws.

I would never take a patient who wasn't a close friend, of which I didn't have an intimate knowledge of their condition. And an active commitment in helping them with the quality of their life in more aspects than one.

I do wish there was more freedom in the industry currently. I can definitely see the advantage of having dispensaries available everywhere. But I do hate how they take advantage of so many patients. Especially when I go so far out of my way to do/give so much to my patients.

I meet so many people who are signed up with someone who payed for their doctors appointment. What the hell is that about? I give all my patients free meds til I can't even pay my electric bill.

I feel a lot better giving everything away then I would counting stacks of cash that I'd have no use for anyways. Cost of living is one thing, but I see caregivers with half a dozen cars. What the f***?

That sort of blanket regulation though could really affect how dispensaries operate, ie assign caregiver rights to them, etc.

So its ok for dispensaries to provide to patients, but not ok for larger ops to provide dispensaries with medicine to provide to those patients because those that are better at botany than retail don't personally 'care' for the patients themselves?

Back on topic.

Bump to Lazy's q's back a page or 2 regarding A/C & dehuey's. Whats your plan? Not going to worry about it til spring?

Not to rain on anyones parade...but here is some Leading attorneys opinion on that ruling...If you are growing or caregiving and not supplying wellness services..you can be prosecuted! Be safe people.

Its looking like after that ruling that vendors to dispensaries are not protected form prosecution unless they somehow become part of the patients care. Meaning that they have to do more for the patients then just sell there herb to said dispensary. Wellness centers wont be touched by this..but store fronts that just sell MMJ are in fact prosecutable.

quote from WARREN EDSON ::

I am just saying that if you do not offer wellness services as part of your "caregiving" package, you could be arrested tomorrow if you grow or distibute to others. The DA's could start filing cases tomorrow using the new definition without any legislation at all.

Warren Edson, Esq.
1490 Lafayette St., Suite 407
Denver, CO. 80218
(303) 831-8188
warrenedson.com

QUTOE FROM BRETT BARNEY ::

I concur with Warren on this matter. I think the decision is clearly indicative of the collective mind of the appellate panel, and how they will treat any future appeals, at least until the legislature acts. The Court?s specific holding in Clendenin was that ?to qualify as a ?primary caregiver?, a person must do more than merely supply a patient who has a debilitating medical condition with marijuana.? Unfortunately, or fortunately, the Court does not go on to say exactly how much more is required to be a ?primary caregiver? and therefore does little to help us understand to what extent one must be involved in the patients care regimen to be protected by the affirmative defense. What is clear is that those whose only service provided to a patient involves supplying medicine will be subject to prosecution, and will be unlikely to be permitted to avail themselves of the benefit of the affirmative defense in a manner that will be successful. This may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction at the trial court level, but on appeal, one can expect this result. At the trial level, the court acts as the finder of fact, and based on the facts presented, determines whether the defendant is entitled to present the affirmative defense at trial. The Appeals panel found no error in the Boulder trial court?s conclusion that Clendenin?s lack of personal relationship with her patients precluded her from asserting the defense, so from this decision, we can take away two pieces of knowledge; 1) caregivers should know their patients personally, and 2) they should be involved in the patients care in a way that involves more than ?merely supplying a patient ?with marijuana.?

I think this decision will have little bearing on those caregivers who are providing a ?wellness center? approach to caregiving (as Warren has indicated, ?Mentch like wellness service?). This will, however, likely have repercussions for those who have storefronts, whose only function is to dispense medicine. I am more concerned for those vendors who have ?subcontracted? with patients, through another caregiver, for the production of the medicine. While these individuals are, in essence, making the great majority of the medicine easily available to patients, I fear that they have little protection after this decision, unless they have a greater role in the patient?s care than most I have encountered.

hey how's it going guy's. i see i had some q's so hears it go's. stealth asked about cooling my hoods. i actually have 6 hoods vented together with 3 275 cfm booster fans from home depot connected to the hoods to push it up to a larger dayton style fan to move it out of the room the dayton themn pushes it to a huge exaust vent located in one of the other rooms.

itsallover and rmcgs' questions fit in the same catagory. the rubbermaids are only used for humidifieing the air with out them my humidity is almost 0. with the bucket it rases it up the 25% range i then occationally spash the water on the concrete and my humidity goi's up to 35 to 40%. if the rubbermaids happen to burst i have 4" floor drains to drain the water.

socommd asked about my bucket system. its a cap ebbandgrow system it comes complete with 55 gal rez, controler,buckets pumps, hoses you name it. these work great and takes out alot of work piecing something together. if you do more than the 12 sites you can get add on buckets to make your system up to 48 plants. i really like this system but because of money issues i'm going to setup my second room to be dwc. lowes has 5gal grey buckets with lids for less than 2bucks.

hounddog asked about my yellowing. i believe it was caused fron changing from gh nutes to advanced nute in the middle of veg. i wasn't thinking straight. lol. anyway i flushed them for 3 or 4 day's and restarted on half nutes. they seem to have responded well to flushing and are now thriving ans growing like gang busters. my ph doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

spacecadet01 after reading about this ruling i called my contractor to to discuss this issue. my contractor has already instituted a program that sends out weekly news letters and updates to patients and requires monthly visits to recieve meds and counseling services if needed. they also have a full time doc on staff as they are a wellness center and not a dispensery. as a contractor for the wellness center and considered a employee i now can go forth with contacting all my patience and introduce myself as said contractor/employee without violating hipa laws. and therefore i will know all my patience. and there conditions. we will make monthly appointments with our patience to discuss there medical management. hopefully that will cover us.

ifelt i needed to bump this up. to help get the word out in colorado about tomarrows emergency meeting at the colorado department of health.

CDPHE Emergency

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just received this from Sensible Colorado.
Please be there.
pp69

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Campai...f13c3259b641e6

CO Health Board to vote on Tuesday (11/3) to Weaken Medical Marijuana Law

**EMERGENCY ALERT-- PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY**

In an underhanded move, the Colorado Board of Health will be voting to weaken the medical marijuana law at an "emergency" meeting on Tuesday, November 3 at 10:30am in Denver. At this stealth meeting the Board will be voting to redefine what a "caregiver" is to require such individuals to provide supplementary-- and often unnecessary-- services beyond simply providing sick patients with medical marijuana.

"This is like requiring my pharmacist to give me a massage or make me a sandwich," said Dan Pope, muscular dystrophy patient and medical card holder. "I can do those activities myself. I need a caregiver to give me medicine. End of story."

This meeting, which was announced in a late afternoon email to a small handful of patient advocates, is another example of the state engaging in underhanded tactics in their effort to undermine the medical marijuana law and the will of the Colorado voters. Please help hold them accountable.

Here's How You Can Help:

(1) Attend the Meeting. This meeting will occur at 10:30am on Tuesday, November 3 in the Snow Room, 1st Floor Building A of the Colorado Department of Public Health and the Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Dr. South, Denver CO.

(2) Call-in to the Meeting. While we strongly prefer that you attend in person, you can also call-in at 1-866-899-5399, conference code *3529725*

(3) Spread the Word. Please tell friends and family to attend the meeting and forward this alert widely!
Quote Quick Reply

pikes peak 69
View Public Profile
Send a private message to pikes peak 69
Find More Posts by pikes peak 69
Add pikes peak 69 to Your Contacts
Visit pikes peak 69's Journal
View pikes peak 69's Old Gallery
View pikes peak 69's Forum Albums
Filter Posts By pikes peak 69
Unfilter Posts By pikes peak 69
Experience

Today, 07:49 PM #2
rmccinc719

thats

Just received this from Sensible Colorado.
Please be there.
pp69

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Campai...f13c3259b641e6

CO Health Board to vote on Tuesday (11/3) to Weaken Medical Marijuana Law

**EMERGENCY ALERT-- PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY**

In an underhanded move, the Colorado Board of Health will be voting to weaken the medical marijuana law at an "emergency" meeting on Tuesday, November 3 at 10:30am in Denver. At this stealth meeting the Board will be voting to redefine what a "caregiver" is to require such individuals to provide supplementary-- and often unnecessary-- services beyond simply providing sick patients with medical marijuana.

"This is like requiring my pharmacist to give me a massage or make me a sandwich," said Dan Pope, muscular dystrophy patient and medical card holder. "I can do those activities myself. I need a caregiver to give me medicine. End of story."

This meeting, which was announced in a late afternoon email to a small handful of patient advocates, is another example of the state engaging in underhanded tactics in their effort to undermine the medical marijuana law and the will of the Colorado voters. Please help hold them accountable.

Here's How You Can Help:

(1) Attend the Meeting. This meeting will occur at 10:30am on Tuesday, November 3 in the Snow Room, 1st Floor Building A of the Colorado Department of Public Health and the Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Dr. South, Denver CO.

(2) Call-in to the Meeting. While we strongly prefer that you attend in person, you can also call-in at 1-866-899-5399 1-866-899-5399, conference code *3529725*

(3) Spread the Word. Please tell friends and family to attend the meeting and forward this alert widely!

LETS THE PHONES BEGIN TO RING!!! LETS LET THEM KNOW THAT OUR VOICES MATTER! TIME TO SPEAK UP IN A POLITE WAY COLORADO!!

Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Contacts

Executive Director
James B. Martin
Phone 303-692-2000
TDD Line 303691-7700

Chief Medical Officer
Ned Calonge, M.D., M.P.H
303-692-2011

Office of Communications Director
Mark Salley
303-692-2013

CDPHE Main Phone
303-692-2000
800-886-7689

Board of Health
303-692-3464

Board of Health Administrator
Karen Osthus
303-692-3464 ex 3466

State of Colorado Board of Health Contact info here

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate

I just wanted to chime in about this argument. It struck me at first as a really good one at first. But as long as the title of the person who "gives me medicine" is "caregiver," there will be the implication of much different duties than if "pharmacist" or "producer" was the legally determined title.
So legally speaking, I think that they have the right to vote and decide more about the definition of a caregiver. I'm sure "caregiver" is defined in the legalese for your state's mmj community, but I don't have it in front of me to look. Again, I think the important thing here is wording, and it is leading the opponents to be able to assume more duties upon you to make it harder.

Good luck to you folks in your part of the fight to make the world a more reasonable place!

Sorry OT!

fatigues

Veteran

This is not underhanded. The so-called "underhandedness" came in the recent decision in the Colorado Court of Appeals in People v. Clendenin, which essentially applied the same standard to "caregiver" as has the state of Wasington in State v. Mullins and as the Supreme Court of California did one year ago in People v. Mentch.

In Colorado, the relevant statutory guidance is:

"Primary care-giver" is defined as "a person, other than the patient and the patient’s physician, who is eighteen years of age or older and has significant responsibility for managing the well-being of a patient who has a debilitating medical condition." Colo. Const. art. XVIII, § 14(1)(f) (emphasis added).

This wasn't underhanded, it was a time-bomb contained within the MMJ provisions of the state Constitution. It was only a matter of time before it went off, as it has already gone off in other MMJ states.

The only "End of Story" element is that the Colorado Court of Appeals has ruled that a caregiver must do more in order to shelter under the provisions of the Constitution of Colorado relating to MMJ. Moreover, given the defnition in the state Constitution, one can hardly blame the Court of Appeals for doing so.

The problem is that the Colorado Court of Appeals held in Clendenin what a primary caregiver was not. They did not provide more useful guidance on what it is. As matters stand, caregivers in Colorado are without guidance and are now groping in the dark

Without a new guidline supplying a more fulsome practical basis on how to rely upon the primary caregiver definition, (and I admit that the guideline which may be promulgated by the board of Health will not supercede the state Constitution) Colorado caregivers are without guidance on how to obtain certain protection as a primary caregiver and are open to prosecution.

I am not saying that the new guideline may not result in what many here will see as an overly restrictive requirements. But what Colorado has right now? Is ZERO guidance and it's open season on caregivers under the current law.

Absent some new guideline aimed at clarifying what a caregiver is, prosecutions of a vast number of Colorado caregivers will be inevitable in the wake of People v. Clendinin.

hey guy's what's up. so hears a qiuk update. so were one week into flower, i and just finished transition nutes and am now running flower nutes at about 700ppm and I'll be slowly raising them up to about 1200 to 1400ppm in the next 3 weeks. I also finished getting all my duct fans hooked up and pumping hot from my hood out of the room and i also started setting up my second room. so hears some new pics of the garden and the start of the second room. enjoy:joint:

Attachments

• IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1228.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 9
hears some more pics from some different angles.

Attachments

• IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 11

pimpjuice

looking good. Watch out for those light yo-yo's they have a tendency to fail. I recommend rope ratchets for easy, safe adjustments.