What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New York turning into battle royal...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
cool article on Leafly, posted just 3 hours ago. citizens in NY are not buying Cuomos' shit hook, line & sinker. farmers are mad because they think the counties where they live will shut them out of a lucrative crop. bodega owners want to be able to sell to their customers. many are demanding reparations for damage from "war on drugs", including expungement & protection from family court nazis. poor families are still having their children taken for cannabis offenses, while affluent folks guilty of same "offense" are ignored. ditto immigrants. they are subject to deportation along same lines. word is the legalization bill may be separated & considered on its own so budget bill can get done on time. hold their feet to the fire folks! you probably won't get it all, but trying cannot hurt...

Gry

Best of luck to the people. May those behind the corporate efforts find endless complications and cost overruns the only reward.

igrowone

Veteran
speaking from the front lines(kind of) of this shit fest
i have seen the talk in most of the ny political news dry up on the topic
at least in the usual mainstream sources
which usually means they don't like what they're hearing, and not rebroadcasting it
positive trend at the moment, it sounds like it won't make the cut in the budget
Cuomo is getting his pee pee whacked

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
my corner of NY has alot of old school growers and sons of growers alot good strains and competitive growing resulted in alot of dank cheap nugs no one in my area gonna wanna pay 40 for 1/8 then tax on that you can fetch a 1/4 of fuel for 40$

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Marijuana Companies Urged Governor To Ban Cannabis Home Cultivation, Document Shows
https://www.marijuanamoment.net/mar...ban-cannabis-home-cultivation-document-shows/

these people are corrupt and clueless. they wanna try every thing and anything except the shit they say they believe in the most.... the free market.

if i was a rich greedy asshole with no morals, i'd bet i would like a monopoly on the fastest growing market on the face of the earth too! bastards! i hope their assholes grow shut...:tiphat:

Cannavore

Veteran
if i was a rich greedy asshole with no morals, i'd bet i would like a monopoly on the fastest growing market on the face of the earth too! bastards! i hope their assholes grow shut...:tiphat:

i always think of that one line from Henry Wallace's piece on fascism;

"They demand free enterprise, but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest."

Cannavore

Veteran
what's surprising is NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio sounds more like Bernie Sanders these days and claims to oppose corporate cannabis and the corporate takeover of the industry. if he stays on course i might have to support him on this issue. Especially over Cuomo's BS.

igrowone

Veteran
dup of a post i just put up in the NY section
but this is important news

well guess what? looks like dandy andy cuomo won't be getting his corporate crap bill through the budget back door
he's made a statement appearing to concede this point
the game is still in play

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Good keep it illegal as long as it takes to iron out a plan that allows home growing. I try to talk to people about voting and the importance of home growing to absolutely zero reception. Even my best friend and grow partner refuses to vote or give a shit. He actually said, soon is it's legal we don't have to grow anymore.

That really blew my mind. We have been growing together since the early 90's. I thought he shared the passion of the plant with me but he says he is fine with smoking store bought. Lazy so and so. Arrrg!!

CannaZen

The stores have some really cool extracts that are much cleaner much more healthy and effective. They have really wonderful selection. love to grow a whole great big field of it some day as a legal crop. When new york legalize we'll see federal legalization. Its a really benign substance though its been frightening and vomiting nauseous after consuming "too much" for me to handle at one time.

Last edited: