What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chaos Erupts as Nevada County CA Passes Grow Limits

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I don't have a problem with dispensaries covering their costs and making a profit, but keeping the prices in line with what the carels charge is just preserving the status quo.

I wonder what would happen to the economics of the market if the dispensaries were to lower their prices a bit, kinda shake things up?

Imagine!:hotbounce:bump:

gurnt

This last year I have been driving around with a buyer that works with a co op that gives most for free are have them cook clean what ever the can do to pass it on.
We have driven over most of the state there 2 types of grower the one that live pro 215!
Then the pieces of shit that they have to make a $100,000 are more don't try to make sound like your out to help someone you would cook crank if you had the know how are sell crack to kids.
No one wants your Bull shit hell just in sac there 2 under 25 year old that beating up people that sell gSC clones for under $30 because it might take money from them .
If your a dope dealer then just say it don,t MAKE OUT like they should not go after you . that why you get the money you do/YOU ARE NOT A F BANK .I WANT TO MAKE LOTS OF MONEY BUT NO DOWN SIDE
I don't have a problem with dispensaries ARE DOPE DEALERS covering their costs and making a profit . but dont say you do it for the sick
HAD A FLOP DOPE DEALER HERE THAT GAVE ME SHIT BECASE I WAS SAYING HOW LOW THE PRICE WAS WHERE HE LIVED! like I was going to make his buyer look for better prices.
AT this time with the laws it the pot dope dealers that cry it 's for the sick that will stop it for the real sick
I makes more PISS OFF that you make it out like your doing it for the sick.
It like you slap them and saying you are stupid!

pip313

I had a hard time following but I think you are agreeing with me. People want to get rich then say that they are trying to help people.

In responce to something on the last page, yes shame on you for tempting broke people with free money. You are creating a problem and exploiting the medical excuse. Just because I think cannabis should be legal does not mean I want to abuse the little wiggle room with the law I have, nor does it mean I will sit by silent with others abuse mmj and I loose my card also.

My responce to my quote was relivent, we are both offended, but this is politics so no wonder not everyone agrees,

With california that close to mexico and weed so provelent why is medical marijuana selling at up to 100 a quarter? thats max street price here near the canadian border with crappy "medical" limits. ITS GREED plain and simple. You can grow outdoors with no electric cost and its more than indoor grown in a area with low production? have fun justifying it as not abusing the sick it is clear to those who don't sell for profit and are for the sick

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Pip again with obviously provocative and taunting posts...

Have an opinion..? Cool, so do we all.

The definition of Abuse can vary from individual to individual.

Most of us are against Forest Grows that pollute, or create spaces that are unsafe to hike in..

I do not love the fact that I used to be able to get 1.5X more with less effort for my connoisseur Strains as I can now... But, I have stopped crying about that.

SO WHAT IF PEOPLE WANT TO GET PAID FOR DOING GOOD WORK...? When you are at your job, do you enjoy being incentivized for good effort..? Of course...

Do you work for free, or take risks with your personal capital while busting your behind, with no expectation of return..? Of course NOT.

But, I say it AGAIN..

With the Glut of product in California, and the lower wholesale prices, there are plenty of
people in other States with Medical programs that are making higher profits then those in CA>>!!!

Dispensaries in MI were also offering 1/8's at 60+USD.. And the quality was not that great for that 60..

To be sure, the Northern California Dispensaries are getting product for cheaper than Ever (24 a p +), and NOT passing the savings on to the PATIENT. So, the Grower with all the risk is getting much less renumeration. No one has ever been thrilled with $60 1/8's but ... The Dispensaries are the problem - pricewise... And their quality is sometimes appaulingly low.. But, there are people who want AAA's quality regardless of price - and cannot or choose not to grow their own... For them the (better) Dispensaries are good.. Others can buy in other ways, not in clubs.. Or get B grade... At least Clubs eliminate the Street Deal..

You hi-Jacked someone else's Thread to spout your Ideas>>> !

What do your ideas have to do with Nevada County, California...?

Would not your time be better spent moving on to a part of ICMAG.com where you can learn from the many experts resident on this valuable website...?

gurnt

You had dope dealers crying at a council meeting it about the sick and my $1,000,000 and I will give you a small cut in taxs so i need to have 500 plants on a 50 by 100 foot lot that smell up the hole street wont get a job and the whole council are all fucking dummy's to think it all a bout the sick
It the council world they just let you have some air . If you don't beleve me just ask one of the council
I can not believe that they let a plant stay.

Let the sick do the talking if your a dope dealer stay low and cool are prop 215 and 420 will be gone as long it has the face of the sick all will be great . but when dope dealers come with Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud and pinkie rings and say it about the sick it just piss the council off
i own 2 reantals in Nevada City and land in Rough and Ready ,North San Juan,
3.jpg

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Thanks, MEGA...

To CosmicGiggle: who said "" I wonder what would happen to the economics of the market if the dispensaries were to lower their prices a bit, kinda shake things up? "" There was one "Retail-Outlet" that is now closed, in Mendocino that supplied Indoor at $35/eighth, and Outdoor at $25/eighth, with several being of good quality... They were regarded as very popular... Too bad the Landlord caved due to the Letter form Ms. Haag..

In regard to medicine grown in Rural Areas, such as Nevada County:

No Doubt, LOWLIFE Growers can ruin neighborhoods. That is true... The Dogs, the Cars, the Hip-Hop, the hoodies, possible obvious drug use, lack of upkeep to properties, drinking, and Camo-clothes, it is all a threatening thing for families to see, if they see things that way... Marijuana Growers can bring "Dark Energy." Especially in September and October..>! But, as the years pass, with small doses of Legitimacy to the Movement, there is less and less of that.

I can see why some Folks chafe at it sometimes, if it is Blatant..

I used to live next to an older couple, 74 and 65 yrs old. The Woman was in an Arm of Law Enforcement. After a few months of them living there, we all became friends. Although they were not immediately next to anything, They knew what was in my garage, and behind the house in summer. 1 of only 2 houses that could see. One Thanksgiving I was eating over at their house, and we joked how they thought I was the most "Normal" neighbor they had.. I joked that this did not bode well for the neighborhood...!

What I see here, a few years down the road since Prop 215 began...

No one really thinks this is all about the Sick.

All know of how MJ or MMJ, is tied into the Local Economies...

BUT.....

To be clear here, I have had 2 people in my life personally, for whom Cannabis VASTLY improved their terrible Medical Situation.

A quite conservative Aunt of mine in the Midwest, with Leukemia who never had used Cannabis in her life. She was wasting away with all the radiation treatments. Not eating. At the urging of her Daughter (a pot-head), She tried it. In the hospital, she lit up a joint in the bathroom...! Talk about ACTIVISM...!!! (Not to let it be said that even Women can have BALLS..>!!)

My Aunt's appetite improved enough to save her life... Now, back in life. She does not use MJ anymore, I think. Even though it is a Medical MJ state, Her Doctor Forbade it, after it saved her... Lovely.

The other - a Wonderful Dude, very popular, An Extreme Skier, A good friend.

At a Hospital, an intern injected him with something that in conjunction with the Dialysis machine - ruined his body for life.. Now, Usually in a wheelchair, he experiences Extreme pain (fibromyalgia) pretty much 24/7, the necessity to walk (rarely) with crutches - and he grimaces the whole time. He still functions mostly independently -- The Deities Bless Him. His Inner Strength, and constant smile/positivity makes him one of my heroes. MMJ is the only thing that allows him to remain sharp mentally, and take away pain..

But, for the most part, we all know it is not Strictly Medical. So What..!?

If everyone has a few plants in their backyard, we are all equal, and can watch out for each other...!

Just keep an eye on those Teenagers.. haha..

AND No Threatening Booby-trapped or Guarded grows in our Public Forests..!!!