What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why to use worm Castings

Bigmone357

Worm Crappings are the sh*t

Worm Crappings are the sh*t

Did somebody say fishing? I LOVE FISHIN' lol :joint: :wave: I catch all kinds.Worm beds are the shit just a pile of leaves wet it all the time with the hose & they come to the top of the ground & feed we like to put CORNMEAL in the leaves to make the worms fat 'Nightcrawlers' yeah worm castings are DEFINATELY BLACK GOLD. Peace Bm357 :sasmokin:

G

So my question was this I Use FF OF soil and it already has WC, Should i add more WC? its 1 cubic ft of soil How much more should i add if any at all?
very curious if it will add even more taste?
peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has adopted some new family members.. LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
add more...

ide add like a cup to every gallon of soil... if the Wc make the soil drain too slow... supplement with Perlite as well...

Bigmone357

I think u don't need x-tra castings unless it's your preference

I think u don't need x-tra castings unless it's your preference

U don't need x-tra flavor with FF OF soil the stuff is has all it needs mixed right in.I think the Ocean Forest soil is rich enough IMHO if I where u & did add any it wouldn't be alot because the dirt holds enough water as it is. I like to add blood & bone to the middle/bottom layer of the FF soil in the pot ever ate a juicy steak that's what it's like to the [plant imo . This is a weed not rocket science go with your heart. Hope this helps.Later Bm357 :wave: :pimp3:

G

Thanx for the reply guys appreciate it. I will add just a lil to my black gold mixture. And not the FF.. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has adopted some new family members.. LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

ledhed

I've been using worm castings for about six months now. In fact, up until I put my babies into flower, all I use is perlite, vermiculite, and worm castings. I cannot BELIEVE how much better my plants look at every stage of growth.

Worm castings are da shit. Literally!

G

There are worm castings and bat quano that have differing amounts of P-K-N. Pay attention for which phase you are using your bat quano and worm castings for. I use BudSwell Bat Quano and Worm castigs during flowering through to near finish in aeroponics. I use it in a tea form. Works great and has a natural flavor of dirt and buds.

Avid

1quixotix

Pro-mix, castings, vermiculite. All one needs to start plants in "soil". Other organic amendments come later. As an additive in soil and hydro: take a nylon stocking with a handful of the castings in a gallon or 5 gal of non-chlorinated water. Bubble overnight with a tsp. of unsulfured molasses. Strain if adding to hydro. Also that overnight brew is good to put into a spray bottle and spray leaves top and bottom. Creates sort of a bacteriological shield. Good to resist environmental stressors. I haven't noticed anyone mention spraying the leaves with casting brew, yet. Just the best thing going! Only gets better if you have a worm farm going! 1Q

wikidcalibudgrl

i was just looking at a product by Mad Farmer that is a worm casting juice( forgot the name,, the lady was gunna give me a sample of that, but gave us Jurassik Acid insted).. i wsa thinkin of getting some and using it as a foliar feed for my vegin' plants :chin: , sounds like the bomb-digity for plants,,
i was given the sample bottle of Jurassic Acid ,,made by Dr.Pursifull organic Elixirs,, it's a humic acid and can also be used as a floiar feed,, kinda conflictin info on it tho,, it gives Hydroponic doesages,,and then on the other side of the bottle says DO NOT use in nute solutions w/ pH less then 6.0 . :chin: hmmm,,, isn't it ideal for Hydro to be 5.5 -5.8 ? anyways :rant:
,,,, i'ma use it a s a foliar feed anyhow, but thought i'd throw that out there too

3legdog

worm cast. are the shiznit

worm cast. are the shiznit

Worm castings are probably the most essential ingredient in my program...in soil & as a fert. I cannot stress enough how well wc tea has proven it's worth & i add it to all my guano tea mixes also. I have been using a product called "Superswell" it's a guano/wc combination thats (0-7-0) & it's a great tea in late flowering...really enhances the herbs flavor without adding anything....top notch fert. :woohoo: Take care all & have a nice weekend Peace 3legs :wave:

also wcbg the dr. pursivill..also makes the wc tea & it is a total rip..imho. Unless you cannot get a bag of castings & make it yourself. It's just a simple wc solution that needs dilution....make it yerself for 100th of the cost...my thoughts

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
a couple things to remember....

a couple things to remember....

Any time you make your own oganic hydro mix you have to watch your ph very close, it will fluctuate alot ! that's why I would suggest sticking with oganics from a bottle; ph buffer already in it... As far as castings go in soil anything over 25-30 % is overkill and imo isn't healthy, it's about a balance of organic materials. One of the most important things about casting is that it is not only organic but it's ALIVE. With a good " micro-herd " in your soil the plant will feed at it's full potential and be disease free. Also you won't need to fertilize as much because these benefical microrganizms are breaking down the organics in soil and feeding it to the plant.... So really your feeding the micro-heard and that's what's feeding your plant. I think FoxFarm OF has this down pretty well; a balance of organics and micro. bacteras.... my 2 cents... lol sorry for rambleing

3legdog

When you bubble a wc tea with or without guano for a few days the ph is absolutly beautiful. At around 7 it is easily lowered to about 6.5 where i prefer it. As far as bottled organics go i use several of them also & not many have a ph buffer & therefor are far worse imho to stabilize... than a tea bubbled a few days. Organics like EJ or NH drop the bottom out of the ph level & it's very hard to get it stable & up to atleast 6. This has been my experience Peace all 3legs

i also agree BC i only use about 10-15% wc in my soil mix...hell i cant afford any more than that....plus i am a feeder' & prefer a semi-weak soil mix so i can feed more often

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I use worm castings ON my soil and in a tea for my soil pot plants. It is awesome, but is the only organic I've ever burned with!!

3legdog

Yes mean mr. i have also burned more than 1 plan over the yrs' w/ the wc. I find now that as long as i let it sit in a wet mix for minimum 1wk(2 prefer).. all is well green happy & healthy. Other products such as blood/bone meal & composted manures will also make a hot nutrient/locked mix if ya dont let it sit a while & best to add some powdered dolimitic lime for the ph. Happy gardening everyone 3legs

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
good point !

good point !

3legdog you make a good point, unless you let it set and bubble for a few days the ph goes way high and then comes back down. This is because the micro goodies are feeding at such a fast rate with all the oxygen and food in he water it makes it unstable then after a couple days when the feeding frenzy has slowed down the ph becomes stable. Another good point you made is letting your soil set and stew for a week or two.This is so over looked when people mix there own soil but such an important part of the organic process. Again your ph will be wack if you don't let the micro crittes do there thang.As far as organic nutes from a bottle pbp is very stable ph wise FoxFarms is another. I know what your saying about E.J. though very unstable. For the longest time they had problems with the grow part of there nute program, seems it was fermenting in the stores setting on the shelf before it was ever opened makeing the ph very unstable. This I learned the hard way. The hell of it was they knew it was like that!!! ( I got flat-assed pissed off over that one ! ) So no more ej for me lol that shit is nasty to run in hydro anyway or even bubbleing it a day for soil.I reckon I'm getting old and lazy and don't want to mix, bubble, or guess how much to use when makeing teas why should I, with good soil like FF OF and a little (or alot of) big bloom right out of the bottle I get better yeilds than when I was useing teas. But hey this is just my way of skinning a cat there's more than one way... lol. stay safe yall