What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chinese yunnan indica

2scoot

CY @ 6 weeks veg and first day of 12/12.
The tallest and most vigorous lady in my room. Too bad I only chose to run one this go round, limited space.

2scoot

Thanks One Guey - This lady is currently in a 5 gal rose pot and has been replanted only twice - once from the original solo cup, then into a 2 quart container.

Hey Dubi.
In older packs of China Yunnan regular(what I can currently find from resellers), I can expect a NLD/Sativa genotype rather than a WLD/indica genotype?

Thanks

2scoot

China Yunnan @ 6 weeks flower

China Yunnan @ 6 weeks flower

Stretch was substantial in this lady so had to bend her over around the 3rd week of 12/12. She handled this well and is by far the most vigorous plant in my garden. Easy to grow and requires moderate nutrients. She's really putting on the weight now.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi.
In older packs of China Yunnan regular(what I can currently find from resellers), I can expect a NLD/Sativa genotype rather than a WLD/indica genotype?

Thanks

Welcome Jack T.Ripper,

Yes, there are more sativa expressions in older chinese yunnan regular stock, the current fem release has been bred towards the hashplant wide leaved phenos.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Real beautiful chinese 2scoot :)

Looks very vigorous, and seems she is going to be a good yielder.
I like she is showing purple colors, purple colors in this line are related to the best hashplant incensey expression.

Are you growing the new fem release ? Thanks for share it.

2scoot

Thanks dubi! Yes she is the new fem release and what a joy to watch grow! At this point she has some very interesting aromas which I'm finding hard to describe - strong incense may be a start.

mufafa

Here's my CY fem that makes all the other girls jealous. I have to bend her over every other day and she's loving it. Can't wait to have the finished results.

IROoACj.jpg

KvQ4iB0.jpg

I flowered a small test clone in warmer temps that didn't throw off colors quite like this so this is a nice surprise.

2scoot

China Yunnan @ 73 days of flower

China Yunnan @ 73 days of flower

The big China gal came down at 73 days of flower. She yellowed out nicely and the aromas were delightful, very much a sweet incense type of smell. To my surprise there is allot of purple on this plant and was in addition a huge producer.
Will need lots of trimming however......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 52

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi 2scoot,

I'm completely fallen in love with your chinese :huggg:
Looks taller and it took a bit longer to mature than expected,
but looks like a real dank purple pheno, as i commented previously the purple chinese hash plant incensey pheno is the strongest and probably best indica expression within this chinese yunnan landrace population, and yours seem to be a VERY good one, can't wait for the smoke report.

There's another interesting hashplant indica pheno in the line: the sweet and sour, creamy chinese indica pheno ... its terpene profile is different to the purple incensey pheno and the effect is usually warmer and kinder, although the purple one is the strongest one and my favourite for breeding.

Thanks for the updates and best wishes for 2017! ;)

2scoot

dubi, I appreciate the kind words and I feel blessed to live in an era where we can share genetics from around the world and have the ability to watch these beautiful plants flourish in different environments.

Smoke report to follow after the cure.......

Peace!

MarieFlores

Ace Yunnan approx 8 weeks flowering

Ace Yunnan approx 8 weeks flowering

Two beautiful and very different Yunnan Phenotypes. Both of them started off as very compact and wide leafed plants but began to differentiate themselves at the end of veg and during the flowering. The lanky one stretched enormously in the first weeks of flowering, trying to bend it ended up snapping 5 or so inches of the top bud.

Rooted it and reverted it to veg, so at least I get to preserve this plants genetics :jump: The lankier one seems to be producing fatter and more resinous buds, and although less it's structure may be less suited to growing indoors, I find it to be the more elegant plant. Let's see how it tastes :biggrin: For how different they are in structure, they seem to be maturing at the same rate. I would expect the lankier one to take longer to flower but it seems to be a little bit ahead of its sister.

For all the difference in their structure, they have quite a similar aroma that kind of remind me of rose-water although the columnar one is starting to take on more of a sour & savoury kind of smell. Let's see how the aroma evolves as we get closer to harvest.

So far, I am thoroughly impressed with the Ace Genetics! 20170128_221012.jpg

20170128_220909.jpg

20170128_220736.jpg

20170128_221326.jpg

20170128_221335.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome MarieFlores :tiphat:

Thanks for joining the China Yunnan thread!

Yes, taller plants can be found in latest China Yunnan fem release (as 2scoot has experienced) although they are excellent too!

The compact one looks like the classic sweet and creamy chinese hashplant pheno.

Wish you are enjoying with them! ;)

MarieFlores

China Yunnan Hashplant

China Yunnan Hashplant

Thank you for your welcome, Dubi!

Just chopped the more hash plant phenotype. In the past 11 days it went from being quite dark green to showing quite a bit of purple. Really beautiful. I am sure if my temperatures were a little lower (at "night" it only got as low as 18 degrees, day it was mid 20s) it would have been considerably more purple.

This seems to be the classic purple hashplant pheno that you had described, Dubi. It has even taken more of an incensey aroma but still with this sour and savoury edge.

Sadly I didn't clone this one as I didn't really have setup for cuttings at the time, left a couple of the lower branches on the plant and put under 24 hours of light. Really hope that it can revert properly to veg, seeing as this seems to be the more desirable phenotype of this strain.

Her sister, I think could use another week, and is exhibiting some purpling as well just not nearly as much as the hashplant.

CY1.jpg
cy2.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MarieFlores,

I'm glad you are finding purple colors and incensey aromas in your China Yunnan fem plants. As i commented previously i have tried to breed this latest China Yunnan fem release more towards the stronger, purple incensey China Yunnan mother.

Looking forward to see pics of the other pheno, thanks for your feedback! :)