What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Blend Pro Info

PB0 - i experienced deficiencies..
PBP - did not experience any life threatening defeciancies....
PBP + LK + CM - none

and I can't tell the diffenrence in and I usually can (proper flush always inportant":) )

phillykid

yeah PBO definately doesn't have enough Mg in it to be used as a stand alone, not even in soil, I had to use epsom salt or cal mag. Hav eyou tried the PBO with LK and cal mag? just wondering

G

Maybe it is something to do with feeding schedule's. I feed my plants contantly with PBP and did not have sign's of any deficiencies.

I did add 1/4 tsp of epsome salt per gallon weekly as I feel most all nutrient's only have the bare minimum of Mg that MJ love's so much.

I have not tried Cal/mag yet, but felt I should this grow, but then if I look at my last two run's I see no reason for it.

I did run into problem's with continual feeding the coco fiber mixture I use, so I made it a bit more like a 60/40 mix cocofiber/perlite and seem's to be good. I will still keep using LK with PBP as they seem to work well together.

stay safe and grow the same way.

realhigh.

King

My conclusion is PBP is not organic.

I found this little article on the web. Wish I would have found it sooner. It's about organics vs inorganics and sums things up pretty well.

http://www.adsfocus.com/bostongardens/detail.cfm?id=1186&catid=14&webid=1

After reading this, PBP is not organic. Coming from natural sources, maybe. Organic, nope.

At this point I'm wondering how effective pure organics could be in hydro with reservoir changes. I'm going with phillykid and gonna say an organic/inorganic mix is desirable in hydro. Pure organics wouldn't have time to break down to feed the plants. A medium strength inorganic feeding, with organics, that would slowly be broken down and made available would seem optimal.

I'm gonna stick with PBP supplementing with PB and seaweed as my base.

G

Okay, ture ogranic's in the growing field is still abit different from country to country and state to state. If all natural is oganic, well artifical indoor lighting take's out indoor organic gardening.

Hydro ogranic is a new term to cover this, " it mean's all that can be done organically is done organically" it does not say it is organic growing, nor is it claimed to be 100% organic.

As I alway's understood the commercial ogranic's, any thing taken from mother earth and is not processed by man is organic. Oganic soil is a living soil of organisim's that keep the soil alive as they feed and grow.

Hydro system's will never make ogranic if they are drained and changed weekly, as it has been said organic's take some time to stew to get thing's going.

I do not see organic's working in hydro if the grower take's and drain's and change's the reservoir every few week's, but that is my opinion.

All I know is PBP nutrient's go bad when stored over 80 degree temp. After they are opened they have one safe place to stay good, refrigerator, at least in my home, so that is were they are. They also started putting on the bottle a warning" not good after one year from this date, so they do have a self life.

When they go bad, well it take's the plant's, so keep them storred properly.

grow safe.

realhigh.

G

When the US allows up to 30% unknown chemical sources and still be called organic. As long as you can meet or excede 70 natrual organic sources your alright.

I use the Pure Blend original now and it seems to work better and requires alot less during my cycles than PBP

Tex

G

realhigh,

Organic-hydro is just using organic nutrients in hydroponics. Who certifies what substances as organic is beyond me.

"Bio-ponics" is when you allow bacteria to thrive giving your res it's own little eco-system. There are no water changes or res cleanings. It's like keeping fish tanks or koi ponds. Beneficial bacteria keeps your water clean and healthy just like the bacteria in our mouths.

I think by just not rinsing out the res with chlorinated water, bacteria will stay alive. I dump out my buckets every 2 weeks but I don't wash, wipe, or rinse them out. I premix my solution in the holding tank and let it sit for a few days to get rid of the chlorine.

* I have a question for you guys/gals about bloom boosters. I am using PBP with LK, CM, and hydroguard. My garden store has so many products I cannot figure out this from that and the descriptions are sometimes vague. Would anyone list some bloom boosters like top max(they don't carry it) that I could use? Thanks.

G

melvin I have run both system's, even made a bio filter for DWC tube that ran just fine, but in the end it was still root problem's.

I just want to understand what it is about and the benefit's to ogranic over other nutrient's.

Is it a mental thing by the user, or does the plant actually grow and produce better with organic's compared to other nutrient's?

In all right's I have created a bio field in my drip system, I call it a living reservoir, because basically that is what it is.

I have to hassel and go purchase my water and lug it home, so I do not like res change's as this mean's a few trip's, so I try not to mess with drain and refill's.

Most all have their own idea's as to what is best and what nutrient's do the best in certain system's. I ask to be critizied in a way, do not react well to it, but I am not correct nor perfect, just want to learn and see if what I am doing is wrong or right or to much. I do like the KISS rule of growing.

grow safe.

realhigh.

G

Try Hydroplex from Botanicare, they should have it and I have heard positive things about it.
Overdrive from Advanced Nutreints is a killer phos and potash load early in flower(not organic)
Green Fuse makes one as well but I can not think of the name of it . Earth Nector, Tiger bloom, Kabloom from GH(not organic), I think all have one.

RH, I'm not sure if this is an answer but, I think the organic growing is becoming more and more popular because of growing heath concerns surround the intake of chemicals in the body. Whether that's valid or not who knows but people are more heathly oriented and like the idea of only natrual derived products in the daily routine.
Does it grow better, faster, stronger buds? maybe and maybe not. I have grown both ways and side by side and notice a few subtle differences but not much.

Beans, I am using PBO grow, PBO flower, LK, Cal-mag, Silica Blast, and Top Max. Not using any pro right now,

G

I have been a medical user for over 20 year's, so I know how smoking the bud effect's the body over time.

I smoked crap for year's not knowing it could be better, than growing my own med's I found I did better than most all other's, comparing to black market bud, and I knew how and what was done to mine.

Not sure why, just do not feel GH was the nutrient for MJ, it work's great, now even better, but for some reason I felt it had limit's, so I moved on to another.

Now I started using PBP and got nice result's, improved the method of prunning some, got a bit more. I did not get it prunned as I wanted, so next time I will do better, and the next time better than that, unless I find a limiting factor in PBP, which I do think is there, but might be approved upon with other additive's.

I do appreciate everyone's time in reply's. I just thought hydro was the fastest growth rate until I seen living organic soil grow just as well as mine did. I have spent year's learning what I know and do, not ready to just drop it and go learn the total ogranic thing yet. I just dislike the learning curve and so/so harvest until I get it all balanced and growing right.

A Merry Xmass to All, and safe holiday travel's.

realhigh.

G

Can anyone tell me what does your TDS run using PBP in 12/12?

What range should I look for?

I've got a few LSD in a tubbler... running about 2/3 strength from the recommendations on the bottle... my PPM is around 2400 but the plants seem to love it.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maistre,
americanagritech I'll let you fill in the w and the .coms so that I don't get in trouble but this is to them directly and have charts and faq's to answer. He is what they say:

Seedlings 500 ppm
Mid Size 900 ppm
Mature 1300 ppm
Fruiting/Flowering 1500 ppm
Aggressive 1800 ppm
Super Aggressive 2400 ppm

Hope this helps and have a great season.

Mr.Wags

G

Thanks mrwags...

I'm running bout 2250 with PBP flower... Liquid Karma, Hydroplex... Cal-Mag in a tubbler with a few LSD in it.

G

You are setting in the general ball park of how mine work's. My meter is old and cheap, it works' up to 1999ppm's, so after that it is mathmatical guesstimation on my part.

Yes my 12/12 PBP mixed at 30ml a gallon with LK at 10ml a gallon with Hydrogaurd at 10ml a gallon all seemed to cause me to peack near 2400 to 2600ppm's.

I push vegy PBP on average up to 1600ppm's, near this time it is close to 12/12 time, so I start flower out at near 1600 to 1800 and increase it so that by end of stretch they are at peak ppm's on the nutrient solution. I had my reason's to push the high ppm's and all worked for me, but I had bug's attacking the food source of the plant's, so I just pushed high ppm's like never before, maybe a waste of nutrient's, but I did make it to harvest with my biggest yield ever, part was change in strain I do admit.

I will say I only seen leaf tip burn once or twice throw out the entire grow, then is was very minute at that, so you are pretty safe with your TDS from what I know.

Keep safe and all that.

realhigh.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
realhigh your input is very much appreciated. Weeks away from 12/12 so this helps alot.

Mr.Wags

G

I just had to switch nutrient's, went from PBP to Ksalt formula.

I have had real bad luck with keeping PBP stored correctly and not going bad on me.

Again some how I failed, or it was bad when boughten, but I am not going to fight for more this time, just switch to what I know and it work's just fine for the plantt's.

I might try and gamble with the bloom mix, but if bad from shiipping than I am just in for a major nutrient lock up and shot down of the root system.

Merry Xmass to All.

realhiigh.

notpot

I've just started my first aero system, i've been running it for about 12 days. I just read yesterday on the og growfaq you have to dump out the res and start over every 1-2 weeks due to salt buildup and parasitic bacteria growth and whatnot.
I was wondering, if when using organic nutes such as Texas Kid's mix (pure blend original, liquid karma, calmag, silica blast) if the salt buildup is an issue? Also, if the res is kept at optimal temperatures (66-72F) and an anti-pathogen (SM-90) is being used on occasion, is there any risk of bacterial/fungal infection if the res isnt dumped and changed. This is a 25gal res and its just hard for me to fathom wasting $15-20 in nutrients and supplements every 2 weeks.

G

I have not had a problem with salt buildup and I don't even use SM-90 in my regime as you do.

Res. change every two to three weeks to be safe. I have never gone any longer so I don't now of any ill effects as a result.

Get ready to use some nutes my friend. My plants (20) drank around 350 gallons of nutreint enriched water last flower session. That's alot of topping off.

You shouldn't have any problems at all and sometimes you can overthink it, I know I do sometimes.

Tex

Latest posts

Latest posts