Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Bigbruce's 17gal swamp tube adventure

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Bigbruce's 17gal swamp tube adventure Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2018, 07:03 AM #1
Bigbruce

Bigbruce is on a distinguished road
Bigbruce's 17gal swamp tube adventure

This story starts with bringing bag seeds home from Jamaica, I didnt know when or where I would grow them till I did. The location is a 1hr30min hike from a private farm access road I have permission to be on. So far this year I have carried out all the soil and stashed it during the winter.

My soil is as follows:
Promix hp
Cow manure
Sheep manure
Shrimp compost
Perlite
Peatmoss
Lime
Rock minerals
Pelletized chicken manure

The swamp tubes I will be using are a homage to "Two Heads" origional idea of totes, but I will be using 17gal farm muck buckets. So far they have been drilled out for air pruning and drainage, as well having a camo paint job and finally having holes drilled for securing chicken wire and stakes for supports for the plant and buckets.

As mentýoned the strain is Jamaican bagseed. so I'm calling it Jamagic for now lol. I have 13 seedlings which I will force the sex and seperate them out, hopefully having enough for a seed pair as well.

Thanks for stopping by!
Bigbruce is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:51 AM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Good Luck.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 04-21-2018, 08:00 AM #3
iTarzan

iTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud of
I'm in for the ride through the swamp.
iTarzan is offline Quote

Old 04-21-2018, 08:49 AM #4
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really niceSwamp Thang is just really nice
Confucius say "Only thing worse than growing weed in swamp, is NOT growing weed in swamp".

Big Bruce, in my book, any activity endorsed by Confucius is grounds for me to pull up a chair to witness the show.

Standing by for the commentary as those Jamagic seeds sprout and reach for the heavens.

Of course, my concluding remark is "Yeeeeeeehaw !", if the Stoned Trout will permit a moment of plagiarism from me.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:31 AM #5
Bigbruce

Heres another pic of the plants, they are isolated and just started 12/12 to sex them. And thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0893.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	453285

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:25 AM #6
Bigbruce

Update:

So the 13 plants are looking healthy. Plus I had 3 seeds from some shishkaberry bud, so I planted them and all three have popped. Going to clone and cross pollinate them with the Jamaican seeds.

Another project, I painted 4ft chicken wire, there are three sections cut one for each bucket.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:33 AM #7
Bigbruce

so 7 plants went out and are in 5 pots, no pics till I go back during the day... more to come

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:35 PM #8
Dday391

Dday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the rough
Can't wait. I love swamp grows
Dday391 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:01 PM #9
HIMALAYAN GANJA

HIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the rough
this is going to be real interesting to see. i have not seen anyone growing jamaican strains yet, seems like they should be mould resistant which is good for swamps.

these above are my current project,and my first attempt at the swamp thing, after a long period of wanting to do it but not fining the motivation

its really nice you chose swamp tubes, its very pleasant to not be obliged to go out and haul water to the plants once the dry period sets in. i swear i have not watered my swamp plants not a single time not even at transplant,
take care and have fun growing weed the easy way

and keep us updated i love swamp grows
HIMALAYAN GANJA is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2018, 04:06 AM #10
Bigbruce

sorry for never updating, got a really exciting pheno from all the seedlings, but a tough year of learning curves.

A purple sativa hybrid which I grew to full maturity and cloned for future use is my new excitement. I will grow clones in a tent to see what its potential indoors is like. Also, I am germinating seeds in search of a male with the purple pheno to pollinate a purple female in hopes of stable genetics.

the second was a strong healthy sativa. However, I had to harvest that early since it fell over and began to mold heavily after a heavy wind storm. Next year I will add proper supports for the buckets, this was the only one plant to tip in high winds.... if anyone knows why the photos keep shifting let me know, please???

the third bucket had a bunch of leftover Shiskaberry clones that produced enough to make it worth carrying them out.

the upside, the site is secure and will be doubled next season
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180916_161850.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	476690 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180916_182350.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	476691