What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Foliar Nutrient For Very Pale Plant

brown_thumb

Only 42 hours after transplant, she's perked up with better color. The dead leaves were removed.

picture.php

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Yes indeed... she's Zamaldelica. She's my last one and I'll not have funds to order more seeds for a few weeks so I really want to save her.
This is what you do.

1. Flush the plants slowly and for a long time.

2. Feed with a low EC high P/K nutrient solution of if you don't have that, flowering solution. Anything low in nitrogen, because the plants aren't growing fast. What is important, is that the plant gets the time to put on a good root system, which is what Phosphorus will do. At the same time the K will fatten the stem and branches, which will increase the plant's metabolism and ability to move water and nutrients, as well as support a larger foliage.

Phosphorus works much better for putting roots on a plant than the best root stimulator.

3. When you see roots appear, switch to a more balanced nutrient ratio of 5-5-5.

Think of nutrients this way:

N - growth
P - roots & flowering
K - stems/branches & ripening
Mg - leaves and phototropism

Cannabis needs a balanced nutrient solution, however depending on the stage of development it may need more of a single nutrient, and not generally more nutrients.

Seedling - P/K, for solid root development and strong stems.
Vegging - N for fast growth
Flowering - P for rapid expansion of the roots to facilitate all the new calyxes and hairs
Ripening - K to fatten the buds

Leaf health, green color and phototropism - Mg
Resin - S and Si

Cannabis requires most nitrogen when it goes from seedling to late vegging, because that's when it grows fastest. There is less growth during flowering, and even less during ripening/fattening of the buds.