What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kevin Jodrey's skunk project

ctg

Veteran
Best of luck kev. Many of us have been looking far and wide for the true skunks. As you say though there were many over the top flavors in that time frame. Would love to see even a tenth of them reappear on the scene. Some of the most killer herbs ever!
-ct-

30years

Inspiring videos for sure
Is anyone else skeptical about the skunk males he has from 30 years ago though? Who kept a male cloned for 30 years and why?
If I was digging, I’d naturally use a rotten meat afghani and then f2 and isolate the novel genes of the skunk

I don’t have the old males. Just the old females. People kept those but you know they wish they had kept those males now. The males are from modern skunk lines that I ran through to sift for things I wanted to use in the project.

Rondon

Hope you do bring back the old school skunk. I think its there..just tucked away real deep. Whether its a phenotype or a real deal cultivar..its a very missed and sought after plant. With growers not worrying so much with the smell and odor these days...alot of us would run it. I know I would. My patients been bugging me for the real skunky skunk for a long time now.

B

beanz

I don’t have the old males. Just the old females. People kept those but you know they wish they had kept those males now. The males are from modern skunk lines that I ran through to sift for things I wanted to use in the project.

this may sound stupid and your probably a purist , if you have a time capsule of females , why not reverse and make s1 or feminised seed with them .

it wouldn't stop you pursuing your current project , but it would incapsulate that era of the genetics that are few decades old and still give some variation . sure the offspring would be very nice .

Last edited:

Vital

True roadkill skunk was all over East Texas back in the 80's. I got a pretty skunky pheno in early 2000 from a pack of Sensi's Sensi Skunk but like many I let it go for fruity lines due to the illegal nature of growing back then and how hard it was to hide such strong smells. I hope someone does find the original someday. It was such a pleasant stone. No paranoia at all, it was just an awesome high.

Arkansux

Ive seen kevins videos online, he seems like good person who loves cannabis, i hope he can find/recreate true rks, I dnt have much hope in it happening but wish him all the best and will be the 1st to stand up and clap if it ever does...

Dank_kiwi

It’s been a minute since I’ve been here and when I popped on and saw my name I was like wtf?
A bunch of you I salute for the confirmation of my character and the intention of this project. A few of you well, lol. The internet is a hell of a drug.
The project is about digging through some of these killer old lines and digging out some heat. Not just skunk piss but all the other barkingly loud odors that come with this genetic package. I do it all the time using modern lines created by other breeders or bred by me but I didn’t realize it was going to polarize the masses so by going back into lines we really don’t run anymore to the same extent we once did. I loved these old lines and want to pull some things out I haven’t gotten to see in a while.
Nobody is getting fckd over. I’m not stealing anyone’s gear and calling it my own. I’ve always given credit where credit is due and have no plans on switching up now.
I didn’t know my accent was so brutal to listen too. ‘It’s like it’s his second language’. That’s funny. I’ll tell my partners from the old neighborhood and that will make them happy.
Best,
Kev

Haha Kev, your not polarizing the masses, your polarizing the cookie generation eg a few kids on the internet who weren't even born when these pheno's and strain's your referring to were around..

Big hello and shoutout from New Zealand, keeping an eye on what your doing up in there in Humboldt, love your video and the Meet the Breeder series, would love another discussion between you and Gene or You and Bodhi, you and Bodhi would be fantastic...

Tried to get hold of you through Shango's youtube channel, i'm coming to cali in October and definitely be paying Wonderland a visit, will be trying to bring some old school genetics with me from New Zealand where we haven't had to worry about selecting for odor control etc and still have those loud pheno's that penetrate through bags and stink out a house even when its stored in a drawer in a bedroom...

You strike me as a genuine, kind hearted person who has an obsession for cannabis much like myself. Keep doing what your doing brother, much love from NZ.

Dank kiwi.

Dank_kiwi

Ol' kev - all about the money but giving away thousands upon thousands of cbd clones to med users - Sure sounds like a real greedy bastard. What a terrible example Kev. :)

Rondon

No shit. Jodrey has gave away 100x more plants than alot of these tent grower kids have grown themselves. I say humble yourself around the pros and vets who paved the way. And shut up and listen. You just might learn something...'yo!!!

Wendull C.

Veteran
Saw a tough kid fuck with an older guy last night. I hunt w the guy and he is retired marine recon. Spotter or sniper. He went out in two man teams.

Kid looked tough could probably hold his own but he picked the wrong old man.

He said this and that, then said yo as a question to my friend.

I havent seen an ass whippin like that in that bar for at least a week lol.

Arnold.

I think it is interesting how certain treats seem to be lost due to chasing hypes.

Keep valuing seed lines, keep valuing diversity.

O.S.S.G

It’s been a minute since I’ve been here and when I popped on and saw my name I was like wtf?
A bunch of you I salute for the confirmation of my character and the intention of this project. A few of you well, lol. The internet is a hell of a drug.
The project is about digging through some of these killer old lines and digging out some heat. Not just skunk piss but all the other barkingly loud odors that come with this genetic package. I do it all the time using modern lines created by other breeders or bred by me but I didn’t realize it was going to polarize the masses so by going back into lines we really don’t run anymore to the same extent we once did. I loved these old lines and want to pull some things out I haven’t gotten to see in a while.
Nobody is getting fckd over. I’m not stealing anyone’s gear and calling it my own. I’ve always given credit where credit is due and have no plans on switching up now.
I didn’t know my accent was so brutal to listen too. ‘It’s like it’s his second language’. That’s funny. I’ll tell my partners from the old neighborhood and that will make them happy.
Best,
Kev

These are the skunks you are looking for Kev, unfucked up by Sam

O.S.S.G

Those old skunks have the terp profile Sam worked so hard to remove. Luckily he never got to fuck these ones up and these never went to Holland.
Skunk spray, acrid chemical ammonia, burnt rubber in some
Skunk spray plus garlic pickle onion in others
ZERO SWEETNESS

you will physically recoil from these buds for the first few weeks til u get used to it

Siskiyou

Veteran
There is a significant difference between the smell of a ripe road-kill skunk and fresh skunk spray. Anyone who has had a dog sprayed by a living skunk knows what I mean. In the 1980's I had already marveled at the skunky smell of certain particular strains, and the similarity with ripe road-kill skunk was undeniable. Then my buddy's dog got sprayed by a skunk and we all noted that fresh skunk spray was NOT the smell of that awesome bud we enjoyed. Fresh skunk spray is far more acrid and chemically foul smelling. I would love to smoke some old school skunk bud, but if it smelled like fresh skunk spray I would know that wasn't it.

O.S.S.G

yeah, everyone has a different recollection
other people say the reverse to you, some say this some say that

Latest posts

Latest posts