What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I took a jar of buds that had been curing for about 5 - 6 months - placed the jar of bud in a larger jar with a small container of salt n water mix (creates 75% rh) and left it for a few days. They seemed to rehydrate but I don't know how well or deep they take the moisture. I cobbed it anyway as an experiment. It seemed to work (or it's mind over matter) I get a very nice effect after chewing a piece 3/4" dia x 1/8" thick. I also took the last cob and cut it into 1/8" pucks and dipped them in chocolate. I figured that was a good way to seal them and sure improves the taste.
But keep in mind I really don't know what I am doing!!!
What sort of weight do you estimate the 3/4 x 1/8 piece to have been?.
With well made cob, as little as 10mg is noticeable.

Dr.Mantis

So, here is my shot at cobbing;

In my last pheno hunt I had some SSH Catpiss bx4 ladies. One was a green pheno, and the other a purple. This is the purple pheno harvested at about 10 weeks, the green gal is still going. The yield wasn’t great, so I figured it would be perfect to try cobbing. The fresh plant had a pretty distinct fruity smell, but after drying for a few days it’s turned into a sort of BO funk with the berries more in the background.

Idk what I’m doing, so I took the slightly damp drying buds (uncured) and rolled them as tightly as I could in a small semi dried banana leaf. I then squeezed the crap out of it with hemp twine. I’m gunna let it air dry overnight, then vac seal and sweat it. Let’s see what happens!

57F1FF6E-C5C1-4FE4-8120-CCFE037799E5.jpeg
3C0BC714-67A8-449A-9972-E5FD6097435D.jpeg
BBD37A77-5B44-4EB1-ABC4-C294EDA22C3E.jpeg
FF0E571D-C23C-49E2-ACAB-4B945EA5D1B9.jpeg

0x942

OMG @0x942 what a stash how could you ever get through that many cobs?
Yes I agree they look devilish, the darker cures are always mind melting in my experience.
Nice job brother they look perfectly uniform in every way.

Jesus if I went in to a shop and saw that many tasty cobs I wouldn't know what to do with myself ha ha.
I would have a ball picking that perfect cob sniffing them like a cigar a mouth watering experience.
What do you reckon $500 a piece I'll take 3 thank you ha ha. Just beautiful.
You guys are really raising the bar in the last few days.
IC rocks.

View attachment 18855400
LoL, thank you Tangwena. Just remember this would be impossible without this thread ! :cool:

I have more COBs that i need, so i share with friends and i have to admit that i'm addict to the process !
Having a nice amount of great stash allows me to enjoy life in a very special way, haha..

I can send you 3 pieces for free ! :)

Tangwena

Veteran
I can send you 3 pieces for free ! :)
If only brother there are so many great cures in this thread from members here its like the holy grail of cannabis curing.
I take my hat off to members who have taken the basic information and run with it to produce such great cures.
7 years ago it was unpracticed or if it was it didn't work well.
The members here have made it their own.

CDNINCA

Hi all, time for an update! If only we could share these, I'd be happy to send some!
I opened up the cobs yesterday for their first breath of fresh air in a couple of months and are they ever evolving nicely! I've still not tried them yet but the aromas are incredible and the cure is looking good! Thanks to all here for their help in learning this process and to @Tangwena for starting this thread!

First up, a couple of closeups of one of the Malawi Gold cobs, and a chart to explain the labels...
SK/P - Skunkwater x Pamdemic - from a friend in San Diego
NL5 - Northern Lights #5 from Authentic Genetics
SF - Stoopid Fruits from Humboldt Seed Co.
MG - Malawi Gold from The Landrace Co.
MW - Maui Wowie from a friend
OL - Orchard Lady from my friend in San Diego

Where do I start?? Good problem to have eh?

Cheers!

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 53
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 74
  • 2.MalawiGold.JPG
    2.MalawiGold.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 83
  • 1.MalawiGold.JPG
    1.MalawiGold.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 80

revegeta666

Hi all, time for an update! If only we could share these, I'd be happy to send some!
I opened up the cobs yesterday for their first breath of fresh air in a couple of months and are they ever evolving nicely! I've still not tried them yet but the aromas are incredible and the cure is looking good! Thanks to all here for their help in learning this process and to @Tangwena for starting this thread!

First up, a couple of closeups of one of the Malawi Gold cobs, and a chart to explain the labels...

Cheers!
I would start with the Malawi 🤷‍♂️ if you need suggestions lol

wuluz

Cheers!
Look delicious, you can chew for a few days until they're gone

blondie

Opened up my cobs this evening and was greeted by pungent aromas wafting up to my nostrils!!! This is a fairly big deal to me as my sense of smell is quite dull. I suspect cobbing just intensified the existing smells as the mm x hz 21 was strong minty wintergreenish type smell. Punta Rosa was intense sandalwoody incense. I ate a piece of mm hz that broke off and was similarly greeted by a pungent taste, much different from ingesting raw bud. The taste reminded me somewhat like in my younger days jonesing for a smoke, scraping every last piece of resin I could find and smoking it. Assuming many reading this been there done that. My mouth is like that and it’s taking its time dissipating.

Here are my cobs so far. usually the process is to leave out to dry for some amount of time, for example overnight to dry then revacuum correct?

Attachments

• EA085940-39F3-43CD-B5BA-91E04D68B543.jpeg
    EA085940-39F3-43CD-B5BA-91E04D68B543.jpeg
    930.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DFA3E09D-C95D-446A-B7D1-C161218ECF63.jpeg
    DFA3E09D-C95D-446A-B7D1-C161218ECF63.jpeg
    840.6 KB · Views: 39

Tangwena

Veteran

Cheers!
Holy smoke man that Malawi is absolutely incredible I would give anything to try a slice.

Tangwena

Veteran
Opened up my cobs this evening and was greeted by pungent aromas wafting up to my nostrils!!! This is a fairly big deal to me as my sense of smell is quite dull. I suspect cobbing just intensified the existing smells as the mm x hz 21 was strong minty wintergreenish type smell. Punta Rosa was intense sandalwoody incense. I ate a piece of mm hz that broke off and was similarly greeted by a pungent taste, much different from ingesting raw bud. The taste reminded me somewhat like in my younger days jonesing for a smoke, scraping every last piece of resin I could find and smoking it. Assuming many reading this been there done that. My mouth is like that and it’s taking its time dissipating.

Here are my cobs so far. usually the process is to leave out to dry for some amount of time, for example overnight to dry then revacuum correct?
Looking good the smells tell you a story if you are onto a good thing the aroma is there.
YES dry them slowly and then reseal to age.