What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Free Speech

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This has NOTHING TO DO WITH FREE SPEECH! Free speech is a matter between YOU AND YOUR GOVERNMENT as they are the only ones who can deny you free speech. It's impossible for us to deny your free speech cause we don't control the entire Internet. You can post your comments all over the web and we can't stop you, can we? So why claim we are restricting your free speech, cause we can't.

We say this is a FREE SPEECH site so governments know they can't just shut this site down or block it without being accused of censoring the FREE SPEECH of our members.

AGAIN, free speech has to do with YOU and YOUR GOVERNMENT ONLY. ICMAG being a private enterprise, can do whatever it chooses with content posted on this site. If we were violating your free speech rights, you'd have legal recourse, wouldn't you? But you don't cause we're not breaking any law. Free speech laws do not apply to private enterprise. Know what you're talking about before you make accusations.

From Our Man Skip

ASMR

Free speech is a matter between YOU AND YOUR GOVERNMENT

I agree and disagree, obviously yes ICMAg being proprietors of the site do not have to allow everything posted on this site, when it comes to the "only the government" argument I 100% disagree.

If the people in your culture and society of your country do not respect the freedom of speech or free exchange of ideas, then there is no free speech to be had.

Fixer

I agree and disagree, obviously yes ICMAg being proprietors of the site do not have to allow everything posted on this site, when it comes to the "only the government" argument I 100% disagree.

If the people in your culture and society of your country do not respect the freedom of speech or free exchange of ideas, then there is no free speech to be had.

ASMR you're talking about having a civilized conversation. Technically when you refer to free speech it's a right granted by the constitution and it's something the government defines and protects under specific criteria. See https://www.uscourts.gov/about-fede...ational-outreach/activity-resources/what-does