What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Fuckin' Problems For Emeryseeds Customers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well that's good 'cause I just sent in two orders to gypsy this week!. Somehow I thought i might have been different than in Canada. Now i feel alittle bit better. I havent bought off him in 2 years or so. I don't even like to go to cannabis cultutre's site for fear of being put on some kind of watch list. We Canadians used to feel relativley safe buying seeds from wherever, until now. Who the fuck is the US Govt. to play "hero" by busting a seed dealer. Whether you like him or not, it could be the largest bust coast to coast if they decide to bust some of ME's patrons. Not good.

ickypitbull

Einstien, chill out on the Rezdog comments, he's a respected member here while you seem to want to fan the flames....Can you say TROLL???
Rezdog has in no way made light of what happened to ME in this posting, stop trying to light a fire where there is no fuel for it, if you have questions for Rez, open a new thread and ASK him, he's never hidden from any questions....
BTW EINSTIEN, it's Dean KOONTZ not Kooniz, learn to spell one of your favorite authors names or do you just go for books on tape???
Thanks for the update Rez...........

G

Rezdog said:
Unlike marc,in Canada,
selling cannabis seeds in Holland and the U.K. is 100% LEGAL,and (heavily) TAXED.
The difference?
Gypsy does TOTALLY legal business,marc did not.

Thats what I'm talkin bout,Gypsy's in the right,The DEA got no biz fuckin with him,And I'm also glad i never dealt with ME or the CC site.Like I said all along,you reap what you sow,see ya Narc Hemeroidee,say hi to the boy's in D block, :wave:

Niemand

Rezdog said:
Unlike marc,in Canada,
selling cannabis seeds in Holland and the U.K. is 100% LEGAL,and (heavily) TAXED.
The difference?
Gypsy does TOTALLY legal business,marc did not.

Couple of quick things......

Emery paid taxes....The Canadian gov't HAPPILY took his taxes each year for selling seeds!

The Grey Area (NOT just a great CoffeeShop, Hey Steve and John!) comes from sending them to the United States! The ORIGINAL person arrested YEARS ago, was selling seeds legally (well, to be honest NO seed sales in A'dam is legal, just like its NOT legal to buy bud in A'dam.... Its tolerated... Now, its semantics if you can head to a Coffeeshop and buy bud (or seeds) without problems BUT it IS a distinction that needs reminding)
BUT the problem came when he sold seeds to the US......

No matter HOW you word it, no matter how you shade it, that 1 single act, exporting a legal product in YOUR country to a country where its illegal! IS the illegal act! And it's the act that IF THIS STANDS will allow them to come after ANYONE who does the same, as long as the country they reside in complies with the MLAT treaty!

Now...again.... this is NOT to scare ANYONE!! I just sent in my m.o. and still have some bids in.... "I" have no fears importing cannabis seeds.... BUT.....

The difference between Gypsy and Marc (Among others) is that Marc made a habit of rubbing it in the nose of the US Govt!
The DEA even has a subscription to Cannabis Culture, with their money orders on US Department of Justice stationery. I figured if the US government was that pissed off, they’d just ask the Vancouver Police to raid me like in the 1996 to 1998 period. I was always raided after appearing in A-list US media. A month after the Wall Street Journal: raided. A month after Rolling Stone: raided. Two months after the CNN special (CNN Visits Canada’s Prince of Pot): raided. The police took a million dollars in store and business assets in total, but I was not even charged on two occasions, and received small fines from the courts when I was charged on two others. The last fine I got for selling seeds in 1998 was $2,000. From $2,000 in 1998, to life imprisonment without parole or the death penalty in 2005... that’s a fantastic contrast. .
He was too high profile for his own good.... But as far as HE was concerned (as stated by his attorney John Conroy) HE was 100% LEGAL(tolerated,in the A'dam model) and PAYING TAXES!!

Emery's lawyer John Conroy argued at his initial bail hearing that Canadian police gave tacit approval of Emery's pot seed sales by allowing him to stay in business for years and by collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes from those sales.

"For nine years he's been doing this quite openly," Conroy said. "They've known about his seed sales and haven't done anything about it."

Conroy noted that Health Canada advised medical cannabis patients to buy pot seeds from Internet sites.

then,to incite MORE FEAR:

"It is very likely that the DEA, in alliance with the worldwide police state, is monitoring every website related to freedom, including cannabis seed websites."

ASSUME THIS!!! EVERYBODY MUST ASSUME THIS!! I'll take it a step furthur and say CANNABIS related websites.... NOT just Cannabis Seeds! Start your DAY assuming this!! THAT is why we use Secure Tunnels to proxies to anonymizers when connecting! An asshole statement for the purposes HE used it but...SADLY..... Probably FACT!!! At least as far as OG goes..... If its a POPULAR Marijuana Site the DEA does know about it!!

EDIT: In the interest of TOTAL DISCLOSURE:
I did NOT read this whole thread before replying..... I believe Rez KNOWS that this is NOT a challenge to what he posted, I "know" he is only relating the news.... I know he doesn't like Marc but I also believe that he knows the implications are greater than marc Emery.... On the other hand, I have met Marc.... was his guest at the 2000 Cannabis Culture Cannabis Cup (later renamed Tokers Bowl)
I NEVER bought DUTCH genetics from Emery (I last bought from Emery 2000, xcept he had a 50% off 9/11 sale and placed 1 order Sept 01)
I ALWAYS got what I ordered, but again, that was pre- the publication of the Newsweek article). I just think that if WE fool ourselves into thinking this is about Marc Emery instead of an ALL OUT WAR on MARIJUANA then we are destined to repeat the same mistakes! Do I think that Gypsy is targeted - NO!!! I think its more likely that HS and the rest of the canadian banks are likely targets 1st..... BUT.....I think Gypsy, Doc Chronic, Nirvana, OA etc are on shaky ground UNTIL and UNLESS this is resolved correctly....

I used to be able to buy seeds from the Netherlands.... All of a sudden, the DEA got involved, someone went to Jail, and for the LONGEST TIME and STILL with most established old school companies, they NO LONGER send to the US! Why? Because they don't want to go to jail(and this was before the US flexed LIFE!) and they don't want the hassle of the DEA!

This is a GREAT TIME! in cannabis cultivation! If it stopped tomorrow I would be VERY SAD but I have used my time well! I have a refrigerator FULL of some great genetics! I would LIKE... no LOVE to continue.....

BUT until we ALL realize that Marc Emery is just a name, and it's an organized movement by the US Govt to curtail what is close to being the Overgrow Revolution.......we may be in for some tough times.....

I know "I" for one will not use my CC again... and I was PROUD that I could order seeds like I was ordering a CD....but the Patriot Act allows the govt to now see and cull our private Credit Card info! And just like they misused the MLAT, there is no doubt that they are mis-using the Patriot Act for marijuana!

Jah Bless

Last edited:
G

well if you make millions selling seeds, put your face all over the place, spit on your local government and rip bong hits on police station step. Who should you be mad at for getting busted. When you duel with the devil, you have to remeber the devil dont flinch!! Emery thought the US were to pussy to come after him and he bragged about it. The devil dont flinch. Sell beans and live live if thats what you want to do. If you want ot change the laws then run for Government position. Can do both. I am not glad to see anyone get busted , but when you get what you ask for. Dont ask people to feel sorry for you. Then throwning OG and Gypsy and all others names into is bullshit. Complete pussy move. Its like getting busted for dealing and telling the cops " Boy , you think I dealt alot you should look at Jim, jeff and tom" No wonder why the call him " Narc Emery"

Niemand

mm1681 said:
well if you make millions selling seeds, put your face all over the place, spit on your local government and rip bong hits on police station step. Who should you be mad at for getting busted. When you duel with the devil, you have to remeber the devil dont flinch!! Emery thought the US were to pussy to come after him and he bragged about it. The devil dont flinch. Sell beans and live live if thats what you want to do. If you want ot change the laws then run for Government position. Can do both. I am not glad to see anyone get busted , but when you get what you ask for. Dont ask people to feel sorry for you. Then throwning OG and Gypsy and all others names into is bullshit. Complete pussy move. Its like getting busted for dealing and telling the cops " Boy , you think I dealt alot you should look at Jim, jeff and tom" No wonder why the call him " Narc Emery"

Look..... I DO NOT want to beat a DEAD HORSE...... But.... People say the same things about Eddy Lepp...... There are ALWAYS some haters (I don't know YOU.. I assume you KNOW Marc and have a LEGIT reason for hating him)

But... Like Eddy... SOMETIMES when you want to be an agent of change you do things in a grandiose manner.....

I just DON'T see it like you do...... And as fukked up as you may feel his statement is... in another light it's quite generous!

Hey WAKE UP AMERIKKKA!! If you think they are ONLY looking at Marc Emery Direct Seeds you are FOOLING YOURSELVES... is how I see it!

I think if you SUBSTITUTE any other name for Marc Emery your vitriol would seem petty and slight!

But thats just ME!!! I see that letter the DEA is using and I HATE THEM.... Not Marc Emery..... I see tha civil liberties being eroded and I blame the Govt NOT Marc Emery.....

Yes..... He did ALL those things you mentioned but except for the spitting the same could be said for gypsy.... He is on the Cover of his Magazine and he is a TRUE pioneer who happens to sell seeds to the US and happens to live in a country that couldn't be more buddy buddy with the US!

Instead of reveling in Emery's problems understanding the IMPLICATIONS of this heinous act is what is needed and PREVENTING it from being used again! I mean, now that Emery is gone ANY guesses on who the NEW Top Seed seller will be? And what are the implications of that? Nothing because he isn't thumbing his nose at the DEA? Guess what? 1 seed comimg into the US is thumbing your nose at the DEA!!!

We REALLY need to FORGET who was busted and concentrate on the REALITY of the situation before we are all on ***** reading about all the poor SD/SB custromers and how glad THEY are they they weren't one!

Jah Bless

EDIT: Again this is NOT to scare anybody or to say Gypsy is targeted... I urge EVERYONE who would do so, to get your genetics... as I stated I am... but sometimes we miss the forrest for the trees... and peoples HATE of Marc Emery is blinding them to what is actually going down!

Last edited:

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
That's exactly what I was talking about - Big mouth. I am not surprised in the least that he would try to drag othes in.

Even if it is legal to sell seeds, it's just not good to have attention on the growers like this.

G

Nice posts,Niemand,and for the most part,I agree with a lot you say.
I'm certainly not reveling in emery's problems,like I said,I'm pragmatic on the issues involving him.

My thoughts on other seedbanks doing business:
Heaven's Stairway:
Definate shipping changes.
(I hope so,the same envelopes used for years,now!)
It wouldn't surprise me to see RC close Heaven's Stairway in a preemptive strike,if he thinks there's an MLAT case against him pending.
From what I've been told,Richard has spoken to lawyers,who have told him that emery's been on the US Govt. Shit List for many years,and those who have done some reading on emery's real history (and not emery's ego-driven version!) may know that this is not the first time the DEA has tried to extradite emery.
Seeds Direct,U.K.:
Probable changes in international shipping policies,
including no replacement shipments and no breeder packaging sent.
Seed Boutique,Amsterdam:
Probable changes in international shipping policies,
including no replacement shipments and no breeder packaging sent.
Here's a fact:
I've been in This Thing since the 1980s,and folks these days don't know how good they've got it.
Great genetics used to be nearly impossible to find,and Neville and the SSSC moved genetics freely WORLDWIDE,for the first time....for a MOMENT,ONLY,and they were GONE.
This is a Golden Age of cannabis,in an age of technology,ANTI-TECHNOLOGY and sweeping prohibition.
If history is ANY indicator,it's going to get a whole shitload WORSE,and we're never gonna' live to see 'better',if at ALL.

I do what I do because I love doing it.
However,if it gets too 'warm',you can bet that most,if not all,independent breeding houses will disappear quicker than a thunderclap dissipates.
Then everyone will get to travel to Amsterdam and body-pack seeds back home,just like the Good Old Days.
So,my friends,it's time to sit back and watch,and see what else transpires as we slide through another tremulous year in CannaLand....the neverending soap opera for the societally disinfranchised.
Please,Don't be too anxious,this is a high profile case to justify the millions it probably took to get a point across that emery shouldn't have been such an asshole.
Remember,fear is a weapon,one governments have used to surpress citizens for thousands of years.
Caution and PREcaution are healthy,FEAR IS NOT.

Pour a tall glass,it's only going to get more interesting by the week,and try not to worry.

RD

.... ....

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Also, following up. I'm sorry, but you can't be an activist AND a grower/seed broker/whatever. Call me crazy but that's just like wearing a fucking sign that says "Bust Me".

I know these websites are fun and I'm not leaving just yet based on these developments. But please, people who are just getting into this movement, especially kids, don't wear that sign. This is NOT a game.

My only hope is that the authorities have made their example and it all stops here. Will ME fight this thing or will he work a deal? That's what's scary.

Take CARE,
mS

G

. . . .

Remember,fear is a weapon,one governments have used to surpress citizens for thousands of years.
Caution and PREcaution are healthy,FEAR IS NOT.

Also,the government can NOT easily monitor a single person's internet activities,so don't sweat that detail.
Do some reading on internet security and protocols,educate yourselves,it will help erase some of your fears.
Hell,if you run a simple wireless router,it's IMPOSSIBLE to prove who posted what,as ANY wireless network is simple to hack into....no matter what those tools at Electronix Warehouse tell you.

Email's not secure,ever.
Google 'carnivore' and READ UP.
PMs through Private,Overseas servers are the Only Way to Go.

Okay?

Okay.

Last edited:
G

I would like to think you Rez for posting the info about this, sorry there is still those that like to stir up shit, but we know some people live to stir the shit, LOL

I also feel the same as Rez about ME and a few other's. If you want attention and be rude about it, well it will get you in trouble sooner or later, part of life, but I do disagree with the law on Cannabis and do not believe any one person should be jailed for it, but that is my opinion.

When one boost about how grand they are and how they do not care about the Law, well it is only asking for them to get involved in your life and it usually end's with a bad taste that is for sure.

Stay safe, do what you need to do to keep safe, but FEAR is what they are relying on for the most part.

realhigh.

G

Niemand said:
Look..... I DO NOT want to beat a DEAD HORSE...... But.... People say the same things about Eddy Lepp...... There are ALWAYS some haters (I don't know YOU.. I assume you KNOW Marc and have a LEGIT reason for hating him)

But... Like Eddy... SOMETIMES when you want to be an agent of change you do things in a grandiose manner.....

I just DON'T see it like you do...... And as fukked up as you may feel his statement is... in another light it's quite generous!

Hey WAKE UP AMERIKKKA!! If you think they are ONLY looking at Marc Emery Direct Seeds you are FOOLING YOURSELVES... is how I see it!

I think if you SUBSTITUTE any other name for Marc Emery your vitriol would seem petty and slight!

But thats just ME!!! I see that letter the DEA is using and I HATE THEM.... Not Marc Emery..... I see tha civil liberties being eroded and I blame the Govt NOT Marc Emery.....

Yes..... He did ALL those things you mentioned but except for the spitting the same could be said for gypsy.... He is on the Cover of his Magazine and he is a TRUE pioneer who happens to sell seeds to the US and happens to live in a country that couldn't be more buddy buddy with the US!

Instead of reveling in Emery's problems understanding the IMPLICATIONS of this heinous act is what is needed and PREVENTING it from being used again! I mean, now that Emery is gone ANY guesses on who the NEW Top Seed seller will be? And what are the implications of that? Nothing because he isn't thumbing his nose at the DEA? Guess what? 1 seed comimg into the US is thumbing your nose at the DEA!!!

We REALLY need to FORGET who was busted and concentrate on the REALITY of the situation before we are all on ***** reading about all the poor SD/SB custromers and how glad THEY are they they weren't one!

Jah Bless

EDIT: Again this is NOT to scare anybody or to say Gypsy is targeted... I urge EVERYONE who would do so, to get your genetics... as I stated I am... but sometimes we miss the forrest for the trees... and peoples HATE of Marc Emery is blinding them to what is actually going down!

I dont hate him. I just see him as a joke. if someone doenst know 2+2=4, I dont have to know them personally to know they are stupid. Just as if someone smoke a bong at a police station they are stupid. Not hate, but ashamed of what he does for his own shameless promotion in the same of legalizing herb.

Also Once Forbes did an article about him it was pretty much over. Governmetn will let you make a certain amount and fly under the radar, you make to much they really tax that ass. Simple dealer mistake he made, example.

A dealer who smokes weed all day, has no full time job, drives a benz and make a million a year. He is going to jail quick. Now a dealer who works full time, drives a normal car, makes maybe 50-100K a year extra on the side and doent party all day, will go about their business for years. You piss cops or feds off to much they will take you away. Simple common sense, you only get what you invite

G

Paranoia seems to be the biggest downfall in our movement.
Everybody has known since day one that they could possibly be busted.
After reading this thread one might assume that the whole Culture is coming to an end.
Relax.
The Fed's are not after you, they want to shake down the industry and weaken it.
They never succeed, and they never will.
After the Raich/Ashcroft trial there were raids in California, everyone was freaking thinking they were next, some clubs closed (IMO because they knew they were doing something other than trying ti help prop 215 patients).
For what? Everyone is still around, 4 new clubs have opened in my area.
This is a first place Trophy for them, they have plenty of 3rd place trophy's like us.
This is a minor setback, don't act like it's the end of the world.
This is all Government propoganda, nothing has changed.
If your scared then they won.
The US is headed for a civil war, the feds do not listen to the people and spit on our rights. They are walking on thin ice. I predict they are going to fock with the wrong person and then we will ALL finally come together and tell the US that it's not OK and we will NOT let it happen.
We are all making history right now, don't make our movement a joke.
Don't let them win and confirm that we as spinless as like they think.

G

lol, i don't know why everyone gets there panties in a wad.... some people just like to create drama..... Herb has been around since 3000 B.C. I don't think it going away any time soon.......

3legdog

A wirless router it is :yes: . I have heard that before & your confirm Rez was right on time...till then :wave: see yaz all around & look forward to updateing the new genes in about 2 weeks Peace out for now all 3ld :wave:

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Hey everyone, I just heard Emeryseeds just started offering seeds in breeder packs. Quick run and get your western union MO. Mine just arrived today, very stealth. My breeder pack has 10 seeds [ out of 12 ] a 9v battery, some wires, a nannycam, and on the back it says, " Cool enough to hang in your growroom, collect them all, trade them with your friends "

On the serious side my two cents rides on that if you didnt receive a letter you dont have anything to worry about. Especially if you dont respond to the stupid thing. I see a lot of chickens running around screaming the sky is falling as if all the rules had suddenly changed. Fact remains they havent but for Emery himself, if they want to bust anyone in North America they still have to do it the old fashioned way, probable cause, enough evidence collected for a warrant, and the judge that signs that warrant. If you dot your i's and cross those t's you still got nothing to worry about. I have ordered from Emery in the past and Im not worried one bit, as theres nothing to connect myself to any seed order period.

The DEA and RCMP arent any super-uber agency with lots of money for a team of technical geeks to monitor, intercept and subponae records from everyones ISP's, and so far theres not been one case precident where someones been busted for growing as a result of an attachment to a internet personality. [ Judge: Would Gamera please take the stand. ]

In fact the last time Emery was in court in Saskatoon the prosecuter at the time of trial didnt even know if the emeryseeds website was still in operation and had to recess the proceedings to find out. This is the type of smarts they deal with up there.

Neimand is correct in saying the Emery issue is the precipice for what may come to all importers of illegal goods into the US. Matters not where you are from. Emery is also the biggest looking fish in the lake and all the rest of the fish are watching. If he's pulled out of the water logic tells me when they are hungry again they will drop in another line and pull out another fish, or worse, they'll drop in a net. This is not a guess either, this is the written history on how they have operated for years. Why would they suddenly change their modus operandi? Caveat emptor, buyer beware.

G

Verite, my post below is apparently OT...but if you think about it a minute....maybe not:

The DEA and RCMP arent any super-uber agency with lots of money for a team of technical geeks to monitor, intercept and subponae records from everyones ISP's, and so far theres not been one case precident where someones been busted for growing as a result of an attachment to a internet personality.

The precedent just happened on July 28th, in Italy....here's the thread. Italy is a back-ass country technology wise. There's no beating around the bush on that. Yet they saw fit to take a politically-sanctioned terrorist approach to reduce homegrowing through 10 months of investigation and the infiltration of two agents in the Italian equivalent of Overgrow, in order to arrest the admin for instigation, dragging 52 growers (out of 66 searches) down with him to justify their violation of the constitutional right to free speech. They put tech geeks to work to get physical addresess of 66 people form the IPs. All 54 people were busted for growing inequivocably through association with an internet personality. That website had been up since 2000. If they can and DO take the trouble to do something like that in Italy, I see absolutely no reason why they couldn't/wouldn't do so in such a blatantly politcally diseased society as the US.

Food for thought....

Last edited:

KRS Juan

If that letter came from the DEA wouldn't it be considered entrapment? I'm no lawyer and those laws a very tricky so if anyone could shed some light on the situation it would be appreciated.

On a side note, the line "Smoke for our leader" reminds me of the simpsons episode where they join the cult....."Na na na na na na Leader! Leader, Leader, LEADER!"

-KRS Juan-

G

Y'know,I got in to breeding because I remember all to well how hard it was,after SSSC and Neville's Seed Bank closed in the late 80s....to get genetics worth a shit.
There's No Way I was going to let that happen to me,EVER again,if I had any say about it,and that's when The Quest all started for me....
FACT: Ya' can't grow great herb with shitty seeds.
Footnote: All you Cali growers would just say,'Well,WE know someone,we've ALWAYS been in The Loop,genetics were never a problem for Us.'
If that's the case,then you'd be one of a fortunate few,the Rest of Us who grew in the 80s thru mid 90's had to go DEEP to Source Clones,and they didn't come cheap,or easy....Trust me.
HS,SD and all the other companies,courtesy of the internet,made this ALL possible,on a global scale not ever seen before,In History.
Take that to The Bank.

emery's case will set a Canadian,NOT international,precedent but it's going to be YEARS before this all plays out,slowly and grindingly,wjile emery crows from the nearest available steeple.
(The 'pseudo-news' articles on this situation at cc.com are nauseatingly crammed with irksome propoganda and accusations leveled at Overgrow and anybody else who didn't agree with narc,it's just plain DUMB.
that site's worse than fox news on a bad day,for all its' ridiculous spin,as emery flops around like a clubbed harbor seal in death throes,blaming everybody but himself.)
In the meantime,a low profile for all international seed exporters might not be such a bad idea....no need to give the law a #2 go-to face....imHo.

~SOUR DIESEL~
15812sour1.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.