Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Anything Outdoor 2018

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Anything Outdoor 2018 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2018, 05:29 AM #421
KangarooKY

KangarooKY has a spectacular aura aboutKangarooKY has a spectacular aura aboutKangarooKY has a spectacular aura aboutKangarooKY has a spectacular aura about
Well I donít know how big the root balls are or will end up being but donít let the 400 gallon pot let your imagination run to wild.. Iím not just growing 1 huge monster in it.. I put 8 plants in it.. it looks like a big bush! Here in a few weeks Iím going to have to start doing some major trimming of fan leafs on those 8
KangarooKY is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:42 AM #422
-TheShortTexan-

-TheShortTexan- is a jewel in the rough-TheShortTexan- is a jewel in the rough-TheShortTexan- is a jewel in the rough-TheShortTexan- is a jewel in the rough-TheShortTexan- is a jewel in the rough-TheShortTexan- is a jewel in the rough-TheShortTexan- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KangarooKY View Post
Well I donít know how big the root balls are or will end up being but donít let the 400 gallon pot let your imagination run to wild.. Iím not just growing 1 huge monster in it.. I put 8 plants in it.. it looks like a big bush! Here in a few weeks Iím going to have to start doing some major trimming of fan leafs on those 8
That's still plenty wild for my west Texas imagination. I'm just thinking of all the work that ges into filling that pot!! Keep it up compadre.
-TheShortTexan- is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2018, 08:05 AM #423
MountainBudz
xXx~SkunkDaddyOutlaw~xXx

MountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KangarooKY View Post
Hey could some of my Appalachian mtn guys help me out? Wvkind buds and mountain buds I know you guys for sure and anybody else out there who may know! Iím wanting to top dress all of my plants with oh about a 1/2 cup of epsom salt along with a cup of bone meal and a 1/2 cup of slow release fertilizer. My only big concern is that I have always stayed away from organicís because the deer are everywhere around here and they have ate I couldnít tell you how many seedlings over the years. I have never had problems with them messing with larger plants tho. My question is do you think the deer will eat and dig in the dirt and destroy my roots if I too dress with epsom salt?
P.S Iíve tried uploading pictures but still havenít figured it out!
Everybodyís babies are looking awesome though!!!

Hey Kangaroo, sorry for the late reply but I haven't been on the forums much last couple of days as I've been super busy, as always, that's my life lol... But no man I wouldn't worry about the animals messing with the Epsom salts, or your plants as they are mature, especially deer. The ONLY thing I would worry about would be the bone meal. I have used it a lot and still do, most of the time nothing messes with it, however, sometimes they do.

I would go head and throw it to it bro... I would imagine you are perfectly safe. One option though I would go with, if you are doing it for the high P and the calcium, I would switch to guano for the P, unless you wanna go with a chemical source of phosphorus... For the calcium I would add dolomite lime, maybe crushed up more than it already is with a hammer, or, oyster shell flour. I personally enjoy using ALL of the above and giving different plants different things, that's the only way to learn is from experience and changes... Been growing 17 years and I NEVER wanna stop learning the bad or the good, and I still change things up till this day.

I will say that Sunleaves came out with a new bat guano caller "Madagascan Bat Guano", it is the highest source of P in the entire guano line and contains no N or K.... Only P... I love the stuff man!

Hope this helped a little buddy! Anything else just let me know..
MountainBudz is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2018, 08:20 AM #424
MountainBudz
xXx~SkunkDaddyOutlaw~xXx

MountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud of
I went ahead and got a screen shot of that Madagascan bat guano. This shit is the king of all guanos in my experience... I love that it has only P (and such a high number) in it and no N or K... I understand that a little N and K are also important in flower as well. But I personally would rather have my sources of N-P-K, from separate sources of compounds because in my experience it is easier to give the plant what it lacks the most and balance out the N, to the P, to the K according to what the plants are telling you rather than giving them a solid N-P-K whole formula... Like a base for example.. Indoors, I enjoy a good base nutrient, however outdoors I like my NPK to come from separate sources... An NPK complete base nutrient, in my experience is like having an automatic vehicle compared to separate sources of the elements NP and K which I would compare to a manual vehicle. Sounds crazy right? But hopefully you catch on haha...

Also, I love giving lots of liquid kelp extract (seaweed juice), because in my opinion K is very important during flower, especially early to mid flower( But don't give too much, as it can lock out P which can really fuck flowering up!). Not only that but seaweed (kelp) extracts contain natural occurring PGR's... One that really stands out is "triacontanol", which ime drastically reduce a stretch and adds more trich production as well. Ok... Lol i will stop now... Have no idea what led me to this explanation, I am super baked and just rolling with it though haha...

But here is that guano...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-07-28-00-08-21.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	464354
MountainBudz is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2018, 08:43 AM #425
pipeline
Cannabotanist

pipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud ofpipeline has much to be proud of
Yes! What is it, bats that eat fruit only have high P guano and bats that eat insects only have high N guano? Pretty sure thats right.

I hear what you're saying about using specific fertilizers to suppliment what the plants specifically needs, but I have had great luck using garden tone. I think becuase inorganic ferts are quicker release, it makes it easier to have luxury consumption, lockout, high fertilizer burn issues. Organics are generally safe even at high rates. The only issue with organics is acid build-up and using a little (1/4 cup) dolomite lime at the beginning of the year tilled in the soil buffers acidity.

I like the idea that I can put the fertilizer down and it has everything its going to need. I could probably suppliment with a little more N early on in the season, but this Garden tone is great! Plants speak for themselves. The mix seems to keep the plants moving. However every plants needs are different. So some may feed heavier on certain nutrients. I'd like to try foliar feeding some time and see what that does!

What are ya smoking tonight? I'm finishing the 2017 crop in the next few smokes. Must be getting close to harvest time.... Still have to figure out what do do with this old herb. Have 2016 and 2015 jars still. Need to have a party I guess! I give it away to friends and family. Show God's Love..... Just Be Kind!
pipeline is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:05 AM #426
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to all
The maxicrop SOULABLE type seaweed is 0-0-17....it's different from there liquid seaweed. I love both and am using the 0-0-17 SOULABLE myself this yr. I've used both types religious for at least the better part of the last 15yrs. I wouldn't start a grow without seaweed.....cannabis loves this stuff like a fat kid does a candy bar loł

I'm making a comeback !!!!

WV's headin' outdoors 2018 grow

REAL GORILLA SEEDS 9 Strains !!!

Seedsman Fem Collection !!!

Female Seeds Critical Sour & Chem OG !!!

KC Brains Cristal Limit (fem)

Outdoor grow threads & album pics coming soon !!!!!

realgorillaclothing.com

WVs Outdoor Critical/Chem grow !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=354027

WVs Outdoor RealGorilla strains
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355383
wvkindbud38 is online now Quote

Old 07-28-2018, 11:29 AM #427
Ibechillin

Ibechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to allIbechillin is a name known to all
Im pretty sure Triacontanol comes from alfalfa and kelp contains gibberellins, auxins, betaines, and cytokinins. I mixed alfalfa and kelp meals into my soil and also used them in feeds/teas/foliars simultaneously to get the benefits of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
Sadly Pseudoscience works the same way, and dunning kruger aint helping much either...
The Science Of Grow Lighting (HPS, CMH, LED) & Photosynthesis Explained!: (Sticky Thread!)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

The Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth, Information On Long Term Preservation:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Tons Of Information On Growing, Root Systems and Breeding:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Tons of information on Humic/Fulvic acid and sources:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

HOW TO GET 1.5+ GRAMS PER WATT!:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....330588&page=29

A Guide On When To Plant Outdoors & Force Flowering:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352312

Ibechillin is online now Quote

Old 07-28-2018, 04:28 PM #428
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
I got a 40kg bag of this in the spring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AtlanticGro_DriedSeaweed_cdn.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	464378
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2018, 06:39 PM #429
Dday391

Dday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the roughDday391 is a jewel in the rough
I use dr.earth homegrown and it's been pretty good to me so far. I'm gonna have to grab the flower formula soon. I got it because I needed a simple mix that was organic and affordable. I've even read there full year regimen for cannabis haha. I didn't do that this year but I'm thinking I might next year. Have any of you used dr earth?
Dday391 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:00 PM #430
KangarooKY

KangarooKY has a spectacular aura aboutKangarooKY has a spectacular aura aboutKangarooKY has a spectacular aura aboutKangarooKY has a spectacular aura about
I havenít used dr earth but next year Iím going to go out about a month before planting and put a heaping couple hand fulls of growilla in my holes and mix it in good.. Iíve never used it before but unless I change my mind Iím gonna get crazy and go for it!
KangarooKY is offline Quote