What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hot Shot No Mess Fogger vs Spider Mites

Thaniel

I'm 12 days away from harvest, and will be out of town for the next 8. These mites have really taken over in the past few days, and they are starting to web. It just seems as though nothing will knock them out anymore.

How horrible is it for me to use a Hot Shot Fogger. It is supposed to kill Roaches, Fleas, Ants, Spiders, Waterbugs, and others. The active ingrediants are Tetramethrin, Permethrin, Piperonyl butoxide.

Directions are to fog area for an hour, and then air out.

I really need some quick advice, and I do understand that this may not be a very good idea. I just need to know if it will work, and be somewhat safe.

G

I agree,if you havent tried a nPS do that first for sure.Remember what the tiny yellow/whitish dots on the leaves look like to catch the infestation early,thats the key.If you see the dots look along the main vein on the underside of the leaf for eggs,at this point there will only be a few scattered mites on the leaf surface

Thaniel

I have 6 no pest strips, 2 different brands--Hotshot, and Prozap. I think the main problem with them is that there is too much ventilation in my room.

These mites are bad right now, I need to do something fast before I leave town.

Thaniel

I've been using safer spray, but the plants are so big that it is impossible to cover them completely, and especially hard to get the underside of the leaves, where the mites like to hang out.

It is time to WAR. Pyrethrine bombs can be used as well.

I think you hit it on the head with the ventilation.

Cut the ventilation down for 24-36 hours to let the No Pest Strips (NPS) hammer everything with an exoskeleton and a heartbeat. Of course watch temps but NPS generally kill everything otherwise pyrethrine bomb the bastards back to the kingdom of allah or buddah or whoever.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been told that Permethrin disipates on its own within a few days. If that were the case it would be OK. It might be a good idea to do a little research first though.....

Ono Nadagin

Heya Nate

check the right side of page 29 of this Max yeild... It shows you the Doktor Doom product I was talking about but it takes a special hand held fogging machine but it is safe to use on flowering/fruiting plants... miht want to call em and ask if thier can foggers are safe also
http://www.maximumyield.com/fullissues/vol9num6-can-pt1.pdf

and somewhere about half way through this part of last months Maxyeild there is an article about battling Mites
http://www.maximumyield.com/fullissues/vol9num6-can-pt2.pdf

Last edited:
G

you could turn off the ventilation for a day or 2, let the nps work

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Imo 12 days from chop and you'll be tasting everything you use.

G

Don't put poison on your plant soo close to harvest!!!

Last edited:
G

I've used pyrethrum bombs and they wont kill all the mites,even with successive "explosions".I have used no pest strips very late in flower,not lately but it disappears in a few days,you wont taste it believe me.

Latest posts

Latest posts