What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can you Guess What American Product China has a Hard on For ?

St. Phatty

I read business news sort of obsessively and this caught my eye.

Buick ?! Yes, Buick !!!

I think they should stuff fresh American Kind in the seat pouches. I think the Chinese would like that :woohoo:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/07/why-china-is-so-important-to-buicks-survival.html

"About 80 percent of Buick's global sales last year were in China, and nearly a third of GM's sales in the country came from that brand alone. About 64 percent of Buick's sales in China come from vehicles it doesn't sell in the U.S., such as the Excelle sedan, the GL6 and GL8 minivans, the Velite 5 hybrid and the Verano compact car.

There really are a variety of reasons for this, say industry experts. First the Buick name is famous in China. It was the vehicle of choice for many famous Chinese figures in the middle of the 20th century, including some of the country's best-known political leaders.

When GM wanted to begin producing vehicles in the China in the 1990s, the Buick name was the one that most resonated with consumers and the country's decision-makers. GM has also had a fruitful relationship with its local manufacturing partner, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp."

China likes Buick more than Mercedes, BMW, Volvo ?!

GO BUICK !!!

Give her a black & white Skunk paint job and tell people the Bud hanging from the rear view mirror is AIR FRESHENER. :dance013:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
This is nothing new. Dong the foreign exchange student from sixteen candles wrecked one..Classic scene:D That guy loves buicks...

OP

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
China is the most populated country in the world at 1.3 billion vs Americas 300 million, really not that surprising they are the largest automobile market either (among many other things).

St. Phatty

Maybe when the Chinese Middle Class gets going they'll start smoking ze Cannabis.

They'll change their minds about recycled plastic, and say, "just put the pot in the gallon milk jugs".

The Chinese gov. could use a Chill Pill. Why not incinerate a few pounds right at the air intake for the government buildings ?