What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hello friends, growers. Why do you do Autos ?

jrelax

Hello

What is your reason to grow Autos ?

For me it was the only choice when i start grow. I like it easy.

Today i go Feminized photoperoid only.

The best thing with Feminized photoperiod is that
i can choose alot different strains more than Autos.
Even if they push out lots of new Autos today. This is nice
so even the beginners can try different strains.

The biggest problem with Autos is that they have 20-30% rudealis.
Me self dont like that Rudealis alot.

Photoperiod seeds is more the right stuff, Better effect, more pure strains only.

One more thing. The Autos needs 18-20h light everyday.
Photo period needs 18 first weeks, then later only 12h.
You can also sog and start right away 12h almost.
Its bulp/llight saving, also electic bill is lower.

I understund people maybe want grow AUTOs first 1-2 years.
After that you should choose photoperiod feminized .

In the end go Regulars, thats the best of all, we know that.
Tons of nice strains. Also possible make own seeds cheap then.

Do we have grovers that grow more than two years using Autos still?
Why dont you change to photoperiod ?

PEACE all

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Jrelax, for me it's not about being easy. Northern growers have a short flowering cycle outside. A very long vegetative cycle determines many things. An early onset of flowering is crucial for photo period specific genetics growers in the north.
I don't use ruderalis genetics myself. There is some Landrace genetics from the middle east. That are semi auto flowering plants. I like the Lebanese, Nepalese and Syria genetics myself.
The final quality of product is superior in taste and cannabinoids. The quality of the high is much better as well. I will start a new thread in May with a list of strains. I have an indoor grow room besides my greenhouse. Indoors I get heavier trichome production. Greenhouse produces much better with more intense phenotypic expressions. Auto's in a greenhouse is a huge home run for Northern growers.
Peace. MedDakotabis

picalin

Hi!
Short summer is the main reason for outdoor autos.
And yes, autos not so easy on fist few weeks, for me for example.
Peaсe!

THC123

Veteran
I grow autos in my greenhouse to have an early harvest nd to have 2 harvests per outdoor season.

But in general I dont like autos that much and I will always prefer photoperiod strains.

squatty

I haven't been growing very long and feel I have been able to learn by starting with autoflowers. I live in suburbia so I don't have much room for big, outdoor, photoperiod plants. Superautos have been a nice in between for me.

I live in the Northern latitudes and get much rain in the fall so autoflowers work. I also have streetlights that shine directly in to my backyard. I suspect the photoperiod plants I have grown have been at least two weeks later due to streetlights.

I just made some autoflower x autoflower seeds this year and look forward to playing with those.