Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you offended by people bad mouthing the old school cannabis culture?
Yes, I am deeply offended! 27 42.19%
Yes, I am offended. 24 37.50%
No, I am not offended at all. 12 18.75%
Old school cannabis freedom fighters were just scummy drug dealers, so screw them. 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2018, 05:29 PM #51
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
Are you a cop? If not?
What the hell are you doing on a cannabis culture website?
This is sooo wrong on so many levels, you are above it all from the way you talk, but if you smoke weed, are you not one of us??

Blast from the dark past.. "Are you a cop" I don't miss that kind of drug war rat race nonsense..

I feel very lucky to live in a legal state and not deal with garbage like this.

Colorado has been legal for years. How has it panned out ? Great.. prices are fine, everyone has plants in their yard no one is going to jail for possession or growing a few plants. It is awesome for a consumer and a personal grower of cannabis.

How is it for low level criminal dealers like Shaggy ? It sucks, No profit in illegal grows, not much profit in illegal sales and no one worships weed dealers just because they have $2k worth of product.

Shaggy would have to get involved in meth or coke to get his drug dealer inflated ego, false self worth and spending money.
green404 is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2018, 06:03 PM #52
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by green404 View Post
Blast from the dark past.. "Are you a cop" I don't miss that kind of drug war rat race nonsense..

I feel very lucky to live in a legal state and not deal with garbage like this.

Colorado has been legal for years. How has it panned out ? Great.. prices are fine, everyone has plants in their yard no one is going to jail for possession or growing a few plants. It is awesome for a consumer and a personal grower of cannabis.

How is it for low level criminal dealers like Shaggy ? It sucks, No profit in illegal grows, not much profit in illegal sales and no one worships weed dealers just because they have $2k worth of product.

Shaggy would have to get involved in meth or coke to get his drug dealer inflated ego, false self worth and spending money.
Low level should be allowed to grow and posess the same amount as anyone. If their grow is safe, product is free of contaminates and they are willing to pax taxes. There should be no law that makes it more difficult to go into business for anyone. Not about black markets or capitalism. Its about one plant that depending on how much money you have, where you live, what criminal record you may have as well as several more jusr plain stupid ideas on who has more of a priveledge to grow or posess or transport. All the added seed to sale tracking and strict guidlines are bullshit. And everytime a new state legalizes it or a current legal state changes anything. The small farmer, home growers and mom and pops loose more right and another million dollar warehouse opens.

Level the playing field and see how it plays out. Im sure the big guys still come out ahead but everyone gets a fair chance at the market.
bigtacofarmer is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2018, 08:02 PM #53
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
From a consumer point of view the black market sucks. Like I said, I was never making money off of the illegal nature of cannabis. There are far more strong points to legalization than criminalization of cannabis, for me and MOST people. Well what are they?
You are being such a jackass, we don't want your psudo-legalization nor do we want it crminalized, we want freedom for cannabis we want to be told we were lied to.
We want to be told there is no reason cannabis should be illegal, that is a benificial herb that can help many folks and anyone can grow it right in your back yard with no restrictions.
I think that is the case for me and MOST people.

Sorry you are attached to breaking the law and making a profit off of crime. Now your just being an asshole, repeating the same thing over and over like it is something new. Growing cannabis should not be a crime period.Are you really so shallow minded you just cant' grasp the concept?It's not my fault or doing. I'm not even going to go into why a black market sucks. Why a legal market is many times better. A black market is not reliable and falsely inflates egos. It confuses the morality of the population immensely.
So does legalization, what would happen if all restrictions were dropped and cannabis was de-scheduled?
Most of all I'm against bad deals for poor products and facing prison time for shady shit. But you are good with poor products and shady shit from pot dealers as tlong as they are sporting the legal sticker that is such a joke. I've done time, not wanting to do more does take sacrificing beliefs. After all, it's just beliefs. I'm just one person and doing time for beliefs doesn't help the cause.

It's your attachment to the past that causes suffering. You make a lot of assumptions that you think are true in your mind but you mind does not see clearly. Yes I miss being 22 and smoking whatever amounts all day without much care. My only worries were budget smoking, trying to get more comfortable and hardly knew the law at all. Then one day I awoke and lost my ignorance.
Well one day in the future here you will wake up and find you are still extremely ignorant.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:24 PM #54
Rider420

Rider420 is a jewel in the roughRider420 is a jewel in the roughRider420 is a jewel in the roughRider420 is a jewel in the roughRider420 is a jewel in the roughRider420 is a jewel in the rough
The people trying to legalize cannabis were cool hippies and I thank them. Those making money from it are criminals. Enough said.
Rider420 is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2018, 08:35 PM #55
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Quote:

Colorado has been legal for years. How has it panned out ? Great.. prices are fine, everyone has plants in their yard no one is going to jail for possession or growing a few plants.
Better think again
If you grow in the wrong place you will still go to prison.
If you fail to buy a permit you still go to prison.

How is it for low level criminal dealers like Shaggy ?Now your just being a dickface so I will call you out on it, Dickface!..LOL I told you I don't sell weed, but you believe what you want, that is obvious.It sucks, No profit in illegal grows, not much profit in illegal sales and no one worships weed dealers just because they have $2k worth of product.
The person you got weed from wanted you to worship them WTF, who they hell were you getting weed from dude?..WTF you say it like it is the norm it is not.
We do not have legalizaion where I live but weed is cheap $100 an oz. in the stores.
Shaggy would have to get involved in meth or coke to get his drug dealer inflated ego, Yep, your an asshole!
false self worth and spending money.
You have not responded to any of my statements so I son't think you will repond to this one either.
What are you even doing on a cannabis website?
Really why do you come to this place?
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:01 PM #56
shaggyballs

Legalization is great right?
You call me a criminal but you don't even know me.

I should remind you of the fact that:
If judged by the same standard everyone involved with cannabis is a federal criminal, meth-head lowlife crackhead thug.
The state of colorado is basically involved in a federally illegal rackateering scam - licensing businesses to produce and sell a sched 1 drug that is federally illegal.

Here is what is going on in CO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post

dea and metro drug task force raid people REGULARLY with NO direct evidence of diversion out of state
when i was raided cops told me "it's too much work to prove you are selling, but we COULD" (that was just local LEO< but i've had exp w denver metro drug task force, i know thye bust people without evidence that's worthy of a trial - typically the grow is enough to nail peeps to the wall and MOST of the people getting busted in colorado are being tried in the state, not at the federal level even tho DEA is involved in those busts - the implication is that the charges won't stick federally but the state case is rock solid based on the grow and nothing else).
i laughed and said "no you can't, or you would"
but then i realized, they DON'T have to at all, the system is rigged to bust people for growing, the whole out of state diversion thing is just a scapegoat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post
is it better than before? yes
is it what we voted for? no
is it HOW we voted for it to be ("like alcohol" regulations)? no
is it a joke?
a cruel one
I am thankful for the progress the state of colorado has made and spearheaded for legalization, BUT on the other hand i'm NOT so willing to let those off the hook who would stifle our new freedom(s) to the point of near re-prohibition
Also, peeps are being busted in colorado daily for doing exactly what was legal at one time.
The current system is nearly perfect for tourists, except for the fact that there is nearly NO place for them to legally smoke it.
legalization is a failure as of this point, industry favoritism over personal rights, rules over freedom.

And in Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
I live in Alaska where it has been technically legal for over 35 years.
Practically? That varies with who you are, same as all laws have always worked.

In one of my personal examples I had a policeman at my house about my poisoned cat, one of several in the neighborhood at that time. My two legal plants were in plain view. I was informed I had to burn them before the officer could leave. Upon my very courteous protest he explained the policy as a direct command from the commissioner of police. All marijuana gardens were to be destroyed without charges. If the grower protested the marijuana was to be confiscated and turned over to Federal Officers. If I wished to file a lawsuit for the return of my harvest then the feds would decide whether or not to prosecute under federal law.
So, pretty much illegal even though the lasw said it was OK.

After the referendum mandating a system for citizens to acquire marijuana, police officers were forbidden to confiscate.
So my second run in (I was associated with a group who destroyed some oil company property in 1978), the police brought an FBI agent with them in 2014, who proceeded to confiscate my Alaska legal crop. Again, no charges were files because it was not illegal. The $15,000 USD light setup was not returned either. I was fully exonerated of all charges, all federal, no state charges, but that made no difference.
The government flat out stole my property because they have guns and are allowed to murder me if I resist the theft.

I agree with the title, legalization is a Bad Joke.
No so much in Canada either.
Here is what things are like under canada's legalization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynehead Tom View Post
Trudeau is a lying little snivelling piece of shit with a fucking hairdoo.
He is letting Bill Blair and the chiefs of police of canada rule over the future of recreational pot in canada. Police have no business being involved in the process other than to sit back and wait for the government to direct them on how to enforce the alledged new laws.

In the meantime, we have street drugs flowing like rivers into our most impoverished communities.... kinda reminds me of the days back when the cia was accused of feeding the ghettos cocaine. people dropping like flies from overdoses and living in squalor with completely unsupported mental health issues. With solutions slapping them in the face that they choose to ignore , instead it's flood millions into overdose training and counselling on how to interact with the mentally ill. LOL free naloxone for everyone and now they want the government to allow doctors to perscribe clean pharmaceutical drugs to these people so they can put the street dealers out of business.

Ya'all see what's happening here right? The powers that be are so money starved and power hungry, that even they are now ready to stoop to the levells of killing the black market so that money flows to them instead of the people. it's not about medicine , it's not about your choice to smoke weed, it's not about curing the mentally ill or severely addicted.... it's just another cash cow that until now, was morally and legally not availlable to these life sucking schmucks.

ya, that's the situation in canada.
So you all good with getting seeds from the government in the future?

The government wants it legal to control it and get rid of criminals but there laws are the reason we are criminals, they'll change the law we will still be perceived as criminals while friends of the government and corporations with big money will take over the market and be good law abiding business's. This is how things work, corruption greed and big money decides.

I am not ok with that.

So you see the perfect picture you paint of legalization is not even close.
It is funny you refer to me as a criminal but the real organised criminals govern us.
That is the real truth, like it or not.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

Old 07-21-2018, 09:09 PM #57
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
Go find some little boys to entertain you, jackass!
You have not responded to any of my statements so I son't think you will repond to this one either.
What are you even doing on a cannabis website?
Really why do you come to this place?
I am a cannabis connoisseur and this is a cannabis site ? correct ? Do I have to worship low level drug dealers to be here ?

You keep try to telling people they don't belong here and that people who do not agree with you are not a part of "us". Who are you to set the standard of who gets to be on this site ? who is "us" Do you have a mouse in your pocket.

I am not even going to reply to your post encouraging child molestation. but it doesn't surprise me coming from someone who has their avatar tag as genitals.
green404 is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2018, 09:10 PM #58
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
Lots of assumptions about those who continue in a black market set-up. Many of them wrong, but that's a common error when persons assume others' motivations without asking them, and receiving a truthful answer.

I worked for legalization for over 38 years, going back to the day when folks doing so were surveilled, and often/sometimes had their homes visited over fabricated 'anonymous tips,' sometimes to look for 'hidden grow rooms' by cops with tape measures, certain something was hidden in the structure. (No BS; real occurrences).

I've said, and still say, that whatever legalization brought in terms of changed markets, and what ever the failures and indignity brought about by Goliath sitting on the couch in the living room and mandating some of what He now mandates, that I would never argue for gong back to illegal weed across the board.

Alaska, under Article 1 Section 22 of the State Constitution, has had protection as a 'right of privacy' in the 1975 (Irwin) Ravin Decision, for cannabis growing and possession in the homes of adults (19 y.o. being the age of majority at the time of the 1975 ruling). It was a form of 'Don't ask, don't tell,' and yes, there were some positive aspects to it. Between the Ravin Decision and the Crocker Decision (Anchor Point case, long after Ravin), it put the burden on the cops to prove they had good intel re. plant counts etc., before even being able to ASK for a warrant, let alone receiving one.

Weed is still illegal federally, and it's pure speculation to assume the prohibitionists are simply giving up, just as it's pure speculation to assume why some continue to sell in a black market fashion.. Based on maneuvering in Alaska, I can assure you they have not given up. *See Senator Kathy Geissel's Guest Opinion piece I posted in the 'Marijuana/Cannabis News thread.' This is an election year, and I'd wager the timing of her letter, wherein she abuses her Nurse Practitioner's license, is not a random coincidence.

Discrete Deliveries and ACDC were both, to my knowledge, when they were indicted, acting as delivery services for what I viewed from a distance as 'clearing houses' for groups of unlicensed growers. The folks at the top bought larger amounts of GOOD weed from growers who weren't paying the $50/oz. production tax, and that I know of, neither Discrete Deliveries nor ACDC were paying any specifically-cannabis-related retail taxes on their 'service,' which they asserted was a transport or delivery service alone.

I come at this from a point of "We laid the ground-work that led to your being able to puff without hiding in the bathroom with a towel under the door. The world's a big place. Leave each other the fuck alone."

Like neighbors who pay way too close of attention to what their neighbors are doing, voyeurism and jealously seems to be the walk of the species. Which is why I stay the fuck away from nearly everyone any more.

And no, I try not to fund the various wars on anyone, whether buying missiles or drones with my tax money, or paying Troopers' and City cops' salaries to amp up finding hookers, gamblers, or those whose vices may go beyond yours.

My family pays PLENTY of taxes already; a higher percentage of our household income than most major corporations.

But it seems that 'Lord of the Flies' and 'Animal Farm' are far better artistic descriptions of our society, culture and species than many want to give them credit for being.
moose eater is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:23 PM #59
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider420 View Post
The people trying to legalize cannabis were cool hippies and I thank them. Those making money from it are criminals. Enough said.

I agree to some extent. Anyone supporting a law that makes it so one group of people have more rights to grow and sell the same plant is a crook. Period.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:30 PM #60
bigtacofarmer

Quote:
I am a cannabis connoisseur and this is a cannabis site ? correct ? Do I have to worship low level drug dealers to be here ?

You keep try to telling people they don't belong here and that people who do not agree with you are not a part of "us". Who are you to set the standard of who gets to be on this site ? who is "us" Do you have a mouse in your pocket.

I am not even going to reply to your post encouraging child molestation. but it doesn't surprise me coming from someone who has their avatar tag as genitals.

Keep refering to people as being on different levels, prove how bright you are not. If you believe selling organic basement grown is somehow different than a so called legal facility you are nuts.

And for the record. I have no doubt there is plenty of lowlife tweaking hard drug slinging gansters already in the legal weed game