What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10lb of bad trim.

G

I would just make the hash and keep it all if it looks like dirt is mixed in, I dont think that dirt smokes.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
i totally forgot about this thread.

I tried to make BHO ,but that also looked and smelled like shit.

I guess i have to throw it away, its laying there for months now....lol

bubbleman

Veteran
I would run it thru the bubblebags, and just take the water hash that you have made, and clean it thru jars of water. you can simply wash the hash thru clean water in jars. i simply put the bubble into a jar of water and shake it up.. the dirt will be easily cleaned out from this method.they dont call it WASHING for nothing.

good luck moppel
ps, dont bother with chemical extractions, they are dangerous and way less heady than the og methods. water is drinkable, butane is poison, do you realy want to make hash with poison?

bubble man

ilife

Clean bad plant material

Clean bad plant material

Moppel, take Bubblemans advice and make water hash out of the plant material you have, instead of using chemicals. Even if the water hash is not the quality you hoped for, do not make it worse by adding oil to it.

Let the plant material dry out all the way. Turn it often. Never use fresh plant material for fresh resin needs to dry out before being extracted. Otherwise you will end up with crumbly resin, first sign of bad resin.
Use extra filter screens when extracting with dirty or moldy plant material. By extra filter screens, I mean to try and double your 190um and 160um screens to make sure no contamination gets through. If you do not have extra filter screens then use multiple buckets and just keep filtering the hash water back and forth between buckets with the desired screen or empty buckets. Make sure to rinse your resin very good before harvesting it from your filter bags. Do not use pressure when drying, try and absorb the water out. Place on a free flowing area and let it dry. The quality will only be as good as the plant it came from. Either way it is healthier and safer for you and everybody using ice water extractions methods instead of oil solvents.

iLiFE

G

Moppel, Ilife thinks he can extract hash oil with water, and that BHO is poisonous. Now oil solvents Ilife, where did you hear all this from? I assure you from a few convos with Moppel and reading his thread that the plants it came from were nothing but top notch.