What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10lb of bad trim.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
somebody gave me a few bags of nice trim, BUT it was wet and in bags for a day ( i think), it was almost at the point that it would start rotting. Now i dried it , it smells like old grass. can i still make hash out of this?

Last edited:
G

Why not? Go for it, I would maybe try something other than dry sift just in case there's mold etc you can't see so you don't get allergies etc..I recently made some BHO from some herb like you're describing, it smelled almost like wet grass even when it was dry....ew, but the hash/oil was fine..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hey Moppel, i know what you mean, that horible chlorophil smell. but the trichomes are still there so as long as its not rotten you should just finish drying it and then use it for bubble.

peace

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
it wasnt rotten yet, but almost at that point. I did a run earlier and it was all black and dirty. Any tips on which size screen to use?

p/s What do you do when there is soil in the trim and the hash gets all black from that?

Last edited:
C

Chamba

That shit don't look so bad...I've made ice hash with worse.

I've rolled up and smoked worse! lol

tainted

mixed trim/outdoor...just butter it..few gallons of water..few lbs of butta..and boil it up...fuck a bunch of people./.luv you forever,,,

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
HM never had earth in my trim, i really don't know what you could do about that. i would certainly use all the bags and hope the dirt stays in the 190 and 160. also try and select the trim thats not dirty for bubble and use the rest for a huge cannabutter run maybe?

did the hash come out looking black? or was the water looking black or both?

peace and good luck

Hmm.
My suggestion is to dry sieve, then if there is dirt in the hash, run it through a BHO tube.
That is only a suggestion of course, you could do whatever you like.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
You would be best to shake the soil out. More than likely dirt will pass through the same size screens triches would.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
shit both eh?

i think malkop zzolkop has a good point. make it into hash, even if its dirta hash, then bho the hash through a coffee filter as usual and your dirt should stay in the tube. you just might have to watch out for the dirt blocking up the coffee filter. maybe switch it out in the middle or some such? that's the only way you can separate it from dirt. its funny how people treat trim like shit until they learn about bubble or kief lol.

peace out

two cents...

two cents...

High M, I find that fresh trim must be frozen almost immediately. It sorta sweats when left in a sealed garbage bag and the trichs seem to stick to the leaf.
Anyway my experience with FRESH trim that was not frozen right away is that there is not much return and what you get does not taste very good.
Good luck on that one ! Peace. RR.