What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Hatter!

The girl was harvested at 89 days of 11/13.

View Image
View ImageView ImageView ImageView Image

I have been sampling her a bit.Big hard calyxes (as big as Panama's but harder),they look silver.Not very pronounced aroma yet.The high is crisp clear and electric ,pretty strong I might say,too.This can only get better with the cure and the two extra weeks I've left the rest of the plant might show different qualities...Definite keeper,checks all boxes if the peach aroma returns with the cure...And I don't bother if it doesn't ,like it a lot already.One of the best I've tried from Ace and I regret not getting a Guawi ,too!Like it more than the Panama(at least the one plant I've grown),which wins in aromas.

Hi Syd,

Lovely Tikal friend, really happy you rate her among the best sativas you have experieced from us .... Tikal needs a proper curing to fix and show properly its refined fruity incensey terpenes.

Panama is a very very highly worked sativa line with countless qualities, but many people prefer Tikal's effect over Panama ... me too :)

Komanche (Tikal's breeder) was very happy seeing your pics :)
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Tikal!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello, does modern Tikal respond well to 12/12 light period or are lower light periods recommended?

Hi rlsmooth,

Tikal is already a very highly worked and tamed sativa line, highly adapted to indoor growing. It flowers perfectly indoors with a standard 12/12 photoperiod.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Panama x Tikal. This is a test plant that I haven't put too much time into. She is a bit stretchy...I've topped her but didn't do any training. Nice leaves on this one.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice TexasTea :)

Is the Panama x Tikal fem hybrid we produced 2 years ago or did you make the hybrid by yourself ?

My 2 Tikal regular pheno at 21 day, I tought I had only male, but look like some Femal Tikal have stud shape

Pheno #1 Little bit smaller and earlier

picture.php

picture.php

Pheno #2 Stud like shape but little bit slower than the other pheno

picture.php

picture.php

On the side i'm lookin to know wich gender are 4 of my 6 Golden Tiger Regular

picture.php

Can't wait trying my first Ace seed product (I still have Kali China, Zamaldelica and Bangi Haze to test in the futur)

P.S. Sorry for the poor picture quality ...

Last edited:

rlsmooth

Sweet looking Tikals Doc! Definetly look like mine, tho you have nicer thin sativa leaves. It seems to be slow plant in the start of flowering..but I guess it will bulk up closer to The end.. :p

Spaventa

Veteran
Wow, I forgot about the stems on Tikal. They are tree trunks. Apart from the structural rigidity and load bearing, they mean the buds will get all the goodness they can handle. They look like nice plants :)

rlsmooth

Tikal around week 4. It tried to take over the tent. It's a beast. I find the stems really lanky compared to panama, but I think this will take few weeks longer than the panamas I posted in Panama topic. Smells funky, can't really describe it yet :D In love with this plant too.

pFQVlihl.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Got it from you last summer dubi. ;-)

Nice TexasTea ;)

Please, keep us updated with the progresses of your Panama x Tikal fem, we have great hopes about this F1, it joins our best Panama and Tikal parental plants (Panama Goddess F10 and Tikal R7 F5) in a single central american sativa hybrid.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My 2 Tikal regular pheno at 21 day, I tought I had only male, but look like some Femal Tikal have stud shape

Pheno #1 Little bit smaller and earlier

View Image

View Image

Pheno #2 Stud like shape but little bit slower than the other pheno

View Image

View Image

On the side i'm lookin to know wich gender are 4 of my 6 Golden Tiger Regular

View Image

Can't wait trying my first Ace seed product (I still have Kali China, Zamaldelica and Bangi Haze to test in the futur)

P.S. Sorry for the poor picture quality ...

Hi DocPouceVert,

Glad she was finally a female so you have the chance to experience Tikal in this cycle. She is looking healthy and happy, she will fatten up a lot in the upcoming weeks with proper cares.
Good luck with the Golden Tigers too! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Tikal around week 4. It tried to take over the tent. It's a beast. I find the stems really lanky compared to panama, but I think this will take few weeks longer than the panamas I posted in Panama topic. Smells funky, can't really describe it yet :D In love with this plant too.

View Image

Hi rlsmooth,

Glad you are falling in love with your Tikal :huggg:
Are you growing the regular or the fem version ?

rlsmooth

Hi rlsmooth,

Glad you are falling in love with your Tikal :huggg:
Are you growing the regular or the fem version ?

Hello Dubi,

I'm growing the feminized version. The seed I got was robust and black and it's been vigorous ever since. Not much smells yet and seems like a thirsty plant compared to Panama in my setup. I think it will produce some amazing summer time smoke :tiphat:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Panama x Tikal Fem..at about 8 or 9 weeks. I think she still has a couple of weeks to go. Purpling on the leaves is probably because overnight temps are dipping down to 58-59F, or because she was living in too small of a pot until 3 weeks ago when I up potted her and maybe has some deficiencies. Any ideas guys?

I didn't train this one very well and it really wanted to stretch so the development is perhaps not all I would like it to be, and it is actually a fairly small plant at only about 28 inches tall. So the yield will be small but buds are dense, maybe a half ounce to an ounce at most. I may try to reveg this plant when it finally comes down as I neglected to take cuts.

Anyway, the aromas are wonderful. A very strong sweet grape smell that makes your mouth water. I can't wait to sample this beauty. :)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
And yes, I just noticed and plucked a couple of nanners off her and you can see one in the second pic. I really don't care if there turns out to be a seed or two, this is a stellar plant in many ways and the proof will be in the high.

Hi DocPouceVert,

Glad she was finally a female so you have the chance to experience Tikal in this cycle. She is looking healthy and happy, she will fatten up a lot in the upcoming weeks with proper cares.
Good luck with the Golden Tigers too! ;)

Yea At one point I was really sure I had only male, But turn out different

I kept a good male to harvest some pollen and i'm trying two tall female

I'll keep a diarie in an other thread, I have a small set up and few strain from ACE to test in a near futur !

At day 28 it still look really good !

Pheno #4
picture.php

Pheno#5
picture.php

rlsmooth

Tikal is turning out to be something special. Now in 8th week of flowering..slight nutrient burn from heavy ass soil I made but things are rolling on smoothly. Branches have started to gain weight and fall down, have to prepare some stakes/support for em. Haven't smoked weed for couple of months, but when I look at this babe I can't wait to roll a J.. :D

TLFOnjMl.jpg

VD3VuQal.jpg

R1MhwS7l.jpg

tBhkJHRl.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Panama x Tikal Fem..at about 8 or 9 weeks. I think she still has a couple of weeks to go. Purpling on the leaves is probably because overnight temps are dipping down to 58-59F, or because she was living in too small of a pot until 3 weeks ago when I up potted her and maybe has some deficiencies. Any ideas guys?

I didn't train this one very well and it really wanted to stretch so the development is perhaps not all I would like it to be, and it is actually a fairly small plant at only about 28 inches tall. So the yield will be small but buds are dense, maybe a half ounce to an ounce at most. I may try to reveg this plant when it finally comes down as I neglected to take cuts.

Anyway, the aromas are wonderful. A very strong sweet grape smell that makes your mouth water. I can't wait to sample this beauty. :)

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76300&pictureid=1833917&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76300&pictureid=1833916&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76300&pictureid=1833915&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76300&pictureid=1833914&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76300&pictureid=1833913&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Hi TexasTea,

Really excited to see the outcome of your Panama x Tikal. :biggrin:
Excellent and refined central american sativa traits, very resinous, early flowering, with super refined fruity terpenes, great indoor adaptabilty and a outstanding range of sativa effects.
I'm sure you are going to love yours ;)

I really want to deeply explore and with more time the Panama/Tikal and Tikal/Panama hybrids we are producing lately, i have the feeling there's huge potential by joinning elite parental plants of our 2 most highly worked central american sativa hybrids.

Latest posts

Latest posts