What's new

? on mixing

Fritz the Cat

I have done some reading now and feel I am ready to get some bags. I have a few questions on the process.I can now see that I do not need straps and a pulley system to remove trics. I am thinking I can use a 30 gal trash can with a large drain in the bottom. I have seen there is not alot being gathered in the bottom of the bags so I believe I do not need 20gal bags. My theory now is to mix my herb in a trash can using a 1/2" drill and a drywall mud paddle.I can not post attachments, the paddle has a spiral on the end of a shaft.Then pour this into a 5 gal bucket that hold my bags with the bottom cut out over another trash can. I would use a airless paint strainer in the bucket first to help separate the veg materials. Do you guys feel this will work?
How much herb can you put in a container?
I have read that the herb needs to be covered up with ice but how thick can it be?
I will be using dried herb some friends have been giving me for an up coming operation. Do I need to moisten the herb before freezing it?
I also have a 9 disc ultra sonic fogger that never really worked for humidity, would you try this for your first pass?
Any guidence would really help Thanks FtC

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
huh what?

huh what?

you dont need to moisten the herb 1st before you freeze it.

i have no idea what you would use the fogger for?

how thick can what be?confused. the grass doesn't need to be covered with ice per se. you need to mix the grass with the ice. the more ice the merrier so long as you can still move the mixer/drill.

what is an airless painter strainer?

Fritz the Cat

The ultra sonic fogger vibrates the water, I was thinking to try to use it similar to the toothbrush idea to get a cleaner 1st batch.
The paint strainer is just a fine nylon mesh bag painters use to filter small paint particles to keep it from a spray gun.It fits right over a 5 gal bucket.
The thickness I was refering to was the herb, basically I guess I should have asked what is a good ice to herb ratio. Or what is a manageable amount to work with? I have about 1 lb of trim that is leaf,4 lb of bud trim, and 4 lb of popcorn. I plan on using the leaf first to get the feel of the process. Seeing how this process is going to cause me pain I am trying to figue out how much I can get away with at one time. Does the other ideas for the trash can to 5 gal bags seem like a good idea? Thanks FtC