What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

63 micron mesh

G

I have some mesh but it's only 63 microns. Is that too small to be any use?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I dont do bubble, but from what I've read, I'd say its great for the outside layer, but no good for the inside layer.

G

Actually I was planning to try to press it. I love hash but I can never get any so I want to make my own. I don't want to use any method that involves chemicals.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
most consistent bag in the bubblebag sets for good melty bubble is the 73u bag

l33t

Veteran
If you have only 63 mesh you could use it as a catcher for water hash but youll loose the smaller trichs . But you would need another 220~ to catch the veg material . And I am afraid you can use it for kif as 63 mesh would be too small . I hope you understand .

G

I want to make sure I understand. Do you mean that the ideal kif mesh is about 280 microns?

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Working bag to catch all the large trash is greater than 190u.

Smallest bag in the kit is usually 25u. Anything less is usually silt.

You will lose a lot of good trichs below the 63u. You can always retro-rig a pair of pantyhose to be the primary filter before the 63u screen.

G

LOL, everybody missed it - i believe the original poster is referring to a 63 micron mesh screen, SS or silk, whatever, for dry sifting, not making bubble.

Yes, you could use it, but you might get darker kif than you want. only kif it for a short while and check the color of your kif.

Good Luck<

G

I am trying to dry sift. I should have been more clear about that. This is what comes of posting while stoned .

I put an overdry ounce in the 63 micron mesh sieve. It has a catch pan that fits on the bottom and a lid to lock the top. I set the thing on top of the running clothes washing machine for about 30 minutes. the result was a tiny amount of blonde kif. It was pure and got me stoned, but the pile was the size of a few pinheads. Would a bigger screen give me a better yield while maintaing the purity? What is considered the ideal micron size for dry screening?

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
Good sizes of microns for drysievieng is 170µ-140µ The bigger the hole the more you'll get but you lose out on quality.

The best quantity of the best quality would be achieved by using several screens.

I'd go for a 150ish micron (µ) screen and then I would resieve your pile of trichomes with the 63µ screen you already have. What stays on top of the 63µ will scare any lightweights. :yoinks: :yummy:
Good luck and freeze your raw materials before sieving. Sieving is best done in a cool dry room with still air, so your laundry room may not be the bestplace, though the vibrating washine machine is neat idea. :yoinks:

Last edited: