What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

incorrect npk and supplement ratios are some of the reasons for shitty bud

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
How do you feel about nickel, cobalt, iodine? Good or bad?
That's a problem for me, I've been a broke ass grower for over a decade, and my ability to "experiment" has been seriously curbed. I've slowly evolved to a slightly modified Lucas mix and use very little else. The results I get are more from careful application and attention to environment. I consider myself lucky to have found the Lucas mix when I first started growing. It may not be perfect, but the results are definitely impressive. lol

It may take me another year or so to get stable. When this happens, you'll see me at competitions in Colorado. :tiphat:
Save

Mudraya

This is a great thread, lots of provocative ideas here, but I feel there isn't anything concrete. What ratio of P to Ca, what ppm are the proponents of that recipe suggesting? What total EC and at what stage? More P and Ca compared to what, the Mel Frank ratio?

Last edited:

jidoka

What is the Mel Frank ratio?

Tiejans could apply to starting the cec properly...add enough gypsum til the cec is 85% Ca...but it does not work for hydro style fertigation. There is no need to flocculate a coco/perlite mix.

jidoka

IMO Ca is the most important cation and it is not even mentioned.

Start by going to slow’s thread and let him teach you about Ca.

Every single legal grow I have seen doing hydro has a Ca shortage. How to beat that is up to you. Pretty sure it won’t haunt me on my death bed

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training

I went through most of the thread and didn't find references to any hydro information. I put up a request for anyone who might have a link, we'll see what happens.

Every single legal grow I have seen doing hydro has a Ca shortage. How to beat that is up to you. Pretty sure it won’t haunt me on my death bed

How about some Calcium EDTA in Hydro? that one is easy to source for me, gonna add it to my Coco Feed.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How about some Calcium EDTA in Hydro? that one is easy to source for me, gonna add it to my Coco Feed.

EDTA is a terrible molecule.

The best liquid "chelate" to use will be in the aminoacid form. There are several, Albion, Baicor and JH Biotech come to mind. The quantity of Ca you can apply in this form is small.

Some folks are using fine liquid gypsum to get a quick and quantitative response. Liquid bone meal too which also has P.

A combination of foliar with soil drench using a good Ca amino acid chelate is fantastic yet expensive, however, not really enough Ca to make a lot of difference in the chemistry of the soil.

Thanks for the Replys. I read about EDTA having its Drawbacks but i whonder why Yara has its Dissolvine Line using ETDA.

Im in the EU, havent found a Shop yet for another Calcium Chelate.

I will try the Gypsum in Solution when Handwatering, thanks for the Tip.

I did a Jar Test, the Gypsum i have on Hand doesnt seem to dissolve very well, i will look out for another Micronized one suited to be applied with Irrigation.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Incorrect my kind sir. It's the horticultural practices.. that does include the feeding system and whatnot

:tiphat:

Avenger

Veteran
Please never say I told you to do that. Look up Don Huber and see what he says about chelating agents like round up. You stand the chance of pulling micros out of your plant with that product

https://customhydronutrients.com/calcium-sulfate-dihydrate-solution-grade-gypsum-50-bag-p-886.html

I assure you 3.3 grams in a gal of water is totally soluble and adds 180 ppm Ca. It is probably cheaper to

I'd love to read anything you can reference in regards to EDTA chelated nutrients having any negative effect on the plant.

slownickle said:
Gypsum on avg is about 2 gr/liter water soluble. You can always sprinkle on top.

gr is the abbreviation for grains, not grams.

Latest posts

Latest posts