What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kurple colored mob boss fantasizes with dina-chem in this 2kw stadium-ish grow

3FootPOW

Hi all,

Decided to make a name for my first legal grow. Ive been lurking and learning a lot and want to put that to use. Im not great but good enough and will have some questions for the gurus please :)

First off welcome. I hope its a good show. I am growing 6 plants (flower) - 2 ea Kurple Fantasy, 2 ea Mob Boss, 1 ea DinaChem, and 1 ea Dark Star. I need help identifying the plants (whoopsies) but more on that later.

Setup:
-8.8.8 Room w 2kw eventual (running 750 off one now)
-Genesis HPS (reviewed to be the dankest lights)
-750cm 8in fan passive intake for now
-2 Kurple Fantasy, 2 Mob Boss, 1 DinaChem, and 1 Dark Star
-COCO, shooting for 5.7-5.9 when feeding
-H&G nutes, root xcel, drip clean, and magic green. BudXL later
- PPM(.5 conver) in weeks 1 and 2- 500, then 600 ppm

Now, on to the questions:
-I got the clones from my buddy holding them, and I think he light burned them but I dont know. Does the leaf photos look like light bleeching? Should I pluck them?
- I was thinking I would flip at 75% full screen to allow for stretch and eventually growing into the light. What do you think?
-I was thinking 2 weeks or less to flip? HBU?
-The dark star is much smaller but has more branching, should I move it back from the light to stretch? should I defoliate it?
-Im sure ill have more but for now check it out!

3FootPOW

10/19 update

10/19 update

Heres a update picture. I think Im going to flip in 4-5 days. Anyone want to chime in with what they think?

Also, does anyone know what these (just 2) plants are showing signs of distress?

O

Oti$

I would veg them out bigger and train all the branches flat so that they ar all getting hit by your lights. Trim off any branches in the back of the plants that can't be trained toward light. It might be hard to fill in your canopy without a little more veg time and training. I se trellis in your pics, you can get twist ties to attach the branches to the trellis spreading them flat....how far are your plants from the bulbs?

O

Oti$

Lin my experience, a vertical 1000watt will cover a 4ft tall vertical canopy so keep that in mind when training your plants. Good luck:D

O

Oti$

It looks like some of your plants would have better structure for this style of grow if you had topped them earlier in veg....something to think about next run.

3FootPOW

Hi,

My lights are around 18-24in away right now. Ill continue to train. I did have my buddy top about 2.5 weeks ago and they are now seeming to recover a lot better. It was hard because I got large clones so Id'e only have to veg for under a month and get a nice yield and already had the 1 random one (smallest one).

Any idea on the wacky leaves from the 2 ea plants?

O

Oti$

I'm not sure what that is...did they get sprayed with something with the lights on? If not there is a sick plant guide you can check out, I've only really ran into cal/mag deficiencies and leaf damage caused by pests... Not really an expert on deficiencies, but that thread has good pics and descriptions of any deficiencies you can get as well as what might be causing it. Good luck��

3FootPOW

I'm not sure what that is...did they get sprayed with something with the lights on? If not there is a sick plant guide you can check out, I've only really ran into cal/mag deficiencies and leaf damage caused by pests... Not really an expert on deficiencies, but that thread has good pics and descriptions of any deficiencies you can get as well as what might be causing it. Good luck��

Well, I did spray some green magic by HG on them before the lights came on and some wasnt absorbed by the time the lights came on... Ill check that page, but didnt see anything that looked too much like it.

Anyone know what up with that leaf? :)