What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1600 watt vert, Agent Orange

hmmm, i just opened a jar of it and inhaled deeply. definately citus smell....

not sure how much is due to neuts choice, nother guy who does AO with AN neuts has a different smell... this stuff was done with GH

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's all good thats why I letting you know now. You can talk about strains you grow but can not mention breeders and websites that are not affiliated with SEEDBAY,SEDBOUTIQUE and ICMAG. These are all owed by Gypsy so no free advertising of bredeers and websits.

Now back to your grow

Epiphyte

It's a little ironic that 875 didn't say anything about the breeder and you go blowing up his spot. Anyway, looking forward to the show...I got this strain waiting also.

Your whole setup looks awesome. Love the big plants, trellis and open bulb. I would like to think that I have that waiting also. Do you trim up the back sides, work them toward the bulb, or let them go?

Can't wait to see the finish product. I have seen some around the bay. Usually never flushed. Always has a nice orange smell.

I'll be lurking
Phyte

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wtf are you moaning about. I asked him about the breeder using XX that all and he replied with the real name. If the mods see that they will delete the post. He is new and does not know about this stuff. I wish I had people telling me what is right and not many years ago when I first started posting on her. If anything you have a problem more then either of us. If anyone is blowing up the thread its you. just move on if you want to argue we could do without that here. . Your AO are doing well. I have some PQ and DP from him both are ver good strains.

Last edited:

five_put

I'm running the AO as well. It does have a nice citrus-type smell as well as a good yield. I'm in the process of setting up a stadium and I'll be running all AO in it.

Good looking grow 875, I'll be keeping an eye on this one..

other vert guys say to trim up back but i am unsure when to do it. the plants have grown in a vert setup most of their life, which has shaped them nicely. im thinking ill wait till end of stretch to trim and defoliate unless i get advice otherwise

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
875-

If everything is going well and you have plenty of room for light to still penetrate your canopy, hell yeah don't touch them. I think a lot of us were concerned you would litereally run out of grow room, thats why we mentioned topping, training, LST(?), trellesing etc...

But dude you have the steering wheel do what you think is best, like me, you will only get HUGE results or make a few mistakes. I've learned MUCh more from my mistakes than my succes's, but we hear in the Vertical section are only trying to keep the mistakes to a minimun because SOME of them can be expensive.

Good luck Broseph!

:) i hear ya on the mistakes.... They just stick in your mind.... I think i have fucked something up on every grow to date.

Went in last night and cleaned up backsides and did some defoliation. With the plants growing into the trellis, would of been impossible to get back there later on.

since running the deheuy at night, i have been at zero to neg diff.. 86.6 on, 88 off. gotta love that, def first for me on that. really thought i'd have trouble in the summer with temps. hmm, wonder if winter will be the struggle... worry bout that later :)

been scouring seed banks in an attempt to find promising genetics for vert... under consideration: heavy duty fruity and nl5xskunk. I have SLH, red diesel, carmelicious, and thai super skunk. Prob wont bother with SLH and thai super skunk due to flowering times. flowering red diesel now to test and have some carmelicious going as well. I have twenty plus carmelicious seeds, anyone tried em? im thinking ill run a test crop of twenty from seed, ditch males and hopefullty find good female. would be under banks of t5's though..... i saw one grow journal where dude flowered under flouro's, looked decent.... Couldnt find any mexiskunk....... Any recomendations??

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Train your back branches up through your nets in front. Then you won't need to cut them off. Anything that can't reach the light, treat it like you would treat bottom branches in a horizontal grow (get rid of 'em.)

3 weeks in:

good news - stretched nicely, went from 22 to 44 on average.

bad news - getting pollination

started 20 carmelicious non-feminized today.

so, the small red diesel is pollinated the most. i went over it but could not find the elusive banana. i am pulling it and placing back in veg closet. so one of three things: agent orange is hermy, red diesel is hermy, or both are. ill let the room go for bit longer in case it was the RD, seems unlikely though. the RD was on the lowest level, most pollination seems to be occuring towards the bottom. i have 6" fan blowing from side towards lower 600 bulb. this is high output fan so hard to trace pollen path due to air flow. if its an AO, then all the AO are fucked. the AO started as unrooted clones that had to make a 13 hour journey, then took over two weeks to root. i used the first to root for my table and kept one of last to root for mother. mistake. this is my third setback in a row. really starting to piss me off, and ironically enough motivating.

so, one more time

start to finish: proper execution.........

this was my first run where envirnment was really dialed in properly. but only after stress was incurred by the mother.
another hard lesson.

i went back in last night and looked over the mother plant thoroughly. nothin. went frolfing with buddy a 6 this morning, he commented on the possibility of outside pollination. he had got some green that was hermy and i may have carried some in on my clothes. when i checked plants over, the calx that first forms at each leaf juncture, those had the highest pollination rate. i popped a bean out and it was significantly developed, bout 6 times the size of an ovule. the plants just got done with stretch..... i would assume that a male pollen sac would not form before the first flower. pollination only seems to have occured down low and at the lower edges of tent opening. nothing up high is pollinated as of yet. im hopping i carried it in on my shorts and when i walked in front of the fan, pollen was blown in.

HueJass

When I grew AO it used to herm late, like week 6/7, not sure if that helps you though. I got rid of it for that reason. Yours look good otherwise. I have DP growing now and love it, one of my favs for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts