What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vertical growing.........maxing out your light!

G

ey

ey

gotta love the hustle, i applaud your hard work 00420..
::clapping::

now lets get down to the nitty gritty...

as u know my buddy is setting up a new room shortly,
this may be the best bet for him.
how much do they charge retail for a single level/ring of that coli?
.....would it be cheaper to DIY a square of nft? nft scares me :? ...yeah u better bite that tongue sucka :bat:

G

TAG

The coli's always impress me alot, I really wanna try growing with them, but so far it's been to ekspensive to order home.

The first grow look's really nice, lookinf forward to see how it's gonna do with the "dubble up".

Are you adding another light too or same 1K setup as the first grow?

Pali

KingRalph

hehe so i was off a couple weeks with the veg time, got me confused with the nice growth :p who needs stretch when they chunk like that! now i see why ya grow the ape so copiously ;) cheers on a great run and to another one in a towerin coli. keep up the great work man, ya got it down pat.

oh an capt the colis were lookin ta be about $800 per 60 site. well worth it an about as simple as it gets. fill with a medium for foolproof runnin eh 00420. could build a makeshift octagon or cage for bout half the price but then there are other problems ta deal with. i wanted ta grab one so badly but alas, slightly outta budget right now, so just sit back an watch 00420 work the magic ;)

full time daddy
Veteran
CaptainJack said:
gotta love the hustle, i applaud your hard work 00420..
::clapping::

now lets get down to the nitty gritty...

as u know my buddy is setting up a new room shortly,
this may be the best bet for him.
how much do they charge retail for a single level/ring of that coli?
.....would it be cheaper to DIY a square of nft? nft scares me :? ...yeah u better bite that tongue sucka :bat:

with 1 ring & 1k & a few rounds finding right strain i could see 2.5-3.5 pound (20-30 gram nug's) with the strain i run this is the best yeild per 1 k i have yet to see....

Palindrome TAG

The coli's always impress me alot, I really wanna try growing with them, but so far it's been to ekspensive to order home.

The first grow look's really nice, lookinf forward to see how it's gonna do with the "dubble up".

Are you adding another light too or same 1K setup as the first grow?
Pali

this a whole new room :)

the last one well lets just say 1 of the 2 guys that lived there could not wait!
so that one is being moved at the mo..... & that why i cut 48-52 day's..
i run a 56-60 day strain.....
yes im adding light.......
not sure on how much just yet we have a few 400's & a 6 plue as many 1k's as i need.... we should see :lurk:
gonna try n make it over there tonight to hustl up the rest .. but as allways

i am waiting on clone's :bat:

full time daddy
Veteran
KingRalph said:
hehe so i was off a couple weeks with the veg time, got me confused with the nice growth :p who needs stretch when they chunk like that! now i see why ya grow the ape so copiously ;) cheers on a great run and to another one in a towerin coli. keep up the great work man, ya got it down pat.

oh an capt the colis were lookin ta be about $800 per 60 site. well worth it an about as simple as it gets. i wanted ta grab one so badly but alas, slightly outta budget right now, so just sit back an watch 00420 work the magic ;)

just a few hehe......

i got my first 60 site for 595 + 100 shipping..... ( internet)
now my hydrostore carrys them....i payed 1300 for 2 ( including shipping )

but for all of u just wondering.......

there's 2 types of 60 sites....

1)mini mod basic system 493.96 wholesale 823.26 retail
2)mini mod add-on 451.41 wholesale 752.35 retail

i dont know what the dif is...... i use & run the add-on system's

fill with a medium for foolproof runnin eh 00420

yes........... i have lost 2 crops do to the aero....
i think its my timer ( 5 min off is to long )

could build a makeshift octagon or cage for bout half the price but then there are other problems ta deal with

by the time u go buy the part's and get it ready.......

all be 2 week's into budding

then work out your bug's ;)

i set this room up in 1 day..... ( about 8 hr's sofar ) there's still work but for the most part its done

Last edited:
G

00420 Im not 100% shure but I belive the Basic Coli is the bottom peace with resovior, the add on's don't have the resovior with em as you are placeing them on top of the first coli sections.

Pali

full time daddy
Veteran
Palindrome said:
00420 Im not 100% shure but I belive the Basic Coli is the bottom peace with resovior, the add on's don't have the resovior with em as you are placeing them on top of the first coli sections.

Pali

colesium reservoir...

whls 372.00
retail 620.00

the "add-on" comes with the pice's to add the rez but not the rez it self nor dose the "basic"come with the rez... i will call and find out...

G

I love those things too. I think the dif bet. the standard and the add on is the standard is made thicker and stronger to support the weight of add ons. The add ons are thinner and lighter. Dunno for sure, this is what I was told by my hydro shop which is a distributer for them. Wish I had the room for one or two....

full time daddy
Veteran
GroNut said:
I love those things too. I think the dif bet. the standard and the add on is the standard is made thicker and stronger to support the weight of add ons. The add ons are thinner and lighter. Dunno for sure, this is what I was told by my hydro shop which is a distributer for them. Wish I had the room for one or two....

is it micro hydroponics?

that who we order them from..... thats who i would be calling...

an i have stacked 3 addons full of wet perlite and there fine... ;)

G

Yeah it was Andre at Micro that told me that. You aren't having probs so maybe it's not a big deal. I bet if you made that baby 12' high it would.. hehe :yoinks:

You mentioned you were lookin for a perfect coli strain... you have any experience or heard much about Original Misty from Homegrown Fantaseeds?

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
haha.... thats funny...

most i would do or advise anyone to do is 5 mini mods.... & thats about 7 feet....

to many plants for me as far as mj go's...

in the 3 stack with 3k we are only doing 90 plants.... every other hole....

G

Looking tasty there, first pic might not be the biggest bud ever seen, but it looks cool and I like the color trades in it.

17 gram was that from a single plant, not bad IMO if you have enough of 17 gram plants. My last SOG test subject pulled 30 gram dry (1.2 oz), so im looking forward to try a full SOG grow with em.

Congrats on the new clones, it's always nice to get new plants and clones.

Pali

G

All you vert growers are fucking awesome =] If ordering a coli were as easy as ordering a bag of worm castings, I would have bought one a long time ago... until that day, it doesn't look like thats going to happen =]

full time daddy
Veteran
Dez said:
All you vert growers are fucking awesome =] If ordering a coli were as easy as ordering a bag of worm castings, I would have bought one a long time ago... until that day, it doesn't look like thats going to happen =]

mine came wraped in black colored suranwrap.....
the pallet was ship via will call

what that means is the shipping place holds it and u go pick it up..

i picked mine up and there was 2 guys there ( so busy that they could care less ) and on the way home i stoped at a locol store and cut the wrap off and tossed it there then pulled the pallet out and left it on a stack of other's
then just takeing the colis home i was in my door with in 5 sec's very light a bit big but moves really easy....

somoz

Veteran
hey there 00420. thanks for the informative thread here it's been a good read. i've been lookin at vertical for the past year now and i just have a couple of questions for ya.

do u do dtw or drip system? i think i read u said u were gettin clogs so u switched it up to drip. if this is the case would u mind elobarting on ur watering schedule, type of drippers used, etc.

the room i want to use right now is only 3x6x8ft. i was thinking of either doing something like drawo or doing something like a coli but arts and crafts style. so i would build it. my idea is quite simple, i'm just stuck on watering due to the weight of the system combined with the water so i was thinking a drip system might alleivate this problem.

sorry im really gonna ask a lot here on this one so i understand if ya don't get to it all. are u veggin soley in the coli or do ya do a veg and then transplant. if transplanting how do ya go about this? as far as ur using a perlite mix with net baskets and any medium? i've heard people using the beer cups and a bunch of other methods? just tryin to get a better idea of what route to take before i go buy all my parts. appreciate any advice and thanks for urz time mate.

somoz

PEP

00420, thats great stuff mate, twisted set-up and cant wait to you finish creating your col to where you want it. Nice growing and good luck.

full time daddy
Veteran
somoz said:
hey there 00420. thanks for the informative thread here it's been a good read. i've been lookin at vertical for the past year now and i just have a couple of questions for ya.

do u do dtw or drip system? i think i read u said u were gettin clogs so u switched it up to drip. if this is the case would u mind elobarting on ur watering schedule, type of drippers used, etc.

the room i want to use right now is only 3x6x8ft. i was thinking of either doing something like drawo or doing something like a coli but arts and crafts style. so i would build it. my idea is quite simple, i'm just stuck on watering due to the weight of the system combined with the water so i was thinking a drip system might alleivate this problem.

sorry im really gonna ask a lot here on this one so i understand if ya don't get to it all. are u veggin soley in the coli or do ya do a veg and then transplant. if transplanting how do ya go about this? as far as ur using a perlite mix with net baskets and any medium? i've heard people using the beer cups and a bunch of other methods? just tryin to get a better idea of what route to take before i go buy all my parts. appreciate any advice and thanks for urz time mate.

somoz

sry bro i have been super busy u can catch me in the chat room most the time im logged in why i tend to the gardens :) but to answer your q and im very sry it took this long u can pm me any time bro :D

was getting clog's.....

it was from the mesh on the filter that comes with the coli.... its the wrong ones for the microsprinkler i had to change to a finer one and now it runs great it dose have to be check every fewdays when used with perlite CLEAN hydro tone runs smooth but i still clean it every week.

when i ran it drip it was pack with hydroton and i lost yeild from it. drip would be fine if u run 1 driper per plant.... but i like the sprayers for full cover ....

jut make sure your filter it the right ones for you microsprinkler....

00420, thats great stuff mate, twisted set-up and cant wait to you finish creating your col to where you want it. Nice growing and good luck.
thx....

here some more grape nuggy shot's

Latest posts

Latest posts