What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fem. Purple Zamal X Bangi Haze

Theorganicguy

I'm really thrilled for this! I'd like to give this strain a shot next year and this thread will definitely have my full attention!

I wish you the best flowering possible :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Water, :)

Glad to hear you have one Purple Zamal x Bangi Haze female flowering this season.

We have tested with great success half greenhouse full of Purple Zamal x Nepal Jams this season: excellent outcome, very tropical sativa expressions but with moderate flowering times, very mold and pest resistance, it will be probably released next year as limited edition, but we haven't had the chance to try Purple Zamal x Bangi Haze yet.

It should work a bit like Purple Zamal x Nepal Jam, but should be stronger and may take just a few days longer to finish than the Nepal Jam cross.

Please, keep us updated, i'm also very curious about it. Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks to you for the feedback Water :)

Glad you have had the chance to grow one female of this new hybrid with good results despite it was harvested a bit early.

Haven't had the time to explore the Purple Zamal x Bangi Haze cross yet, but i'm eager to do it next season after test with great results Purple Zamal x Purple Nepal Jam cross this season (which is going to be released in 2019 as limited edition and it's going to be called 'Zamal Bliss').

The Purple Zamal has a very long flowering but curiously produces hybrids with an early onset of flowering outdoors due to her semi autoflowering tendencies, especially when she is outcrossed with early flowering sativa dominant strains like Nepal Jam or Bangi Haze.

Purple Zamal X Malawi, should be nice as well, and much more stronger and less kinder than the outcrosses with Nepal Jam or Bangi haze :)

Zamal/Malawi was the first, pre Zamaldelica fem release which was a direct F1 hybrid between Zamal A and Killer Malawi ..... after that all the fem (and regular) Zamaldelica version always contain Thai too.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Water,

Thanks for showing a pic of your Zamal x Bangi Haze in early flowering, looks very Bangi Haze dominant in structure and overall look. Good luck on your african sativa projects!

G

Hello dubi ,here's a Purple Zamal x Bangi haze at 5 1/2 weeks 11/13 .

TE3EbK7.jpg
SSlZG5z.jpg
gxPvmZP.jpg
t0VR3cW.jpg

G

Syd , did it show semi-auto
flowering tendencies . dubi, if grown outdoor. But what about indoors ?

Hello GH,no,I didn't notice anything like that .It took her about 4 weeks 11/13 to kick into flowering after being vegged for about 5 weeks.She is in a relatively small container and that didn't seem to ignite early flower.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Starting to show the Bangi Haze trichomes in a a very tropical African sativa landrace type of flower development.
Her next weeks are going to be real interesting! :yes:

Podenco

Good looking plants Syd.

Leaves uniformly dark green, no burnt leaf tips. May I ask what substrate and feeding you use?

P

G

Hey Dubi,thanx for the comment!

Hello @Podenco!Well just a bit leaf tip burn :)I use a mix of peat and coco and ewc(like 45/45/10).For feeding I use either biobizz line at beginning of flowering and for the rest I use bioflores from biocanna cause i like the 2-2-5 ratio.Feed every watering and every day most of the times when plants are in full flowering mode.I might top with some organic slow release nutes or ewc if i see needed.I will give some cal mag some times cause some plants need it like crazy with leds + coco.

This one is a light feeder and light drinker (or I really messed the coco/peat ratio on this one hehe).I could go a bit lighter on her but I give every plant the same so it is what it is ...I will be more conservative from now on,not feeding every watering as until now.

I am too wasted from cannacookie,hope I make some sense lol 😁