What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird problem (for me at least)

Changuitos

Hi guys, i just got redirected here from Reddit, they said i might get a more informed opinion here.

So, i´m growing what looked like a beautiful and healthy auto, under a 100w CFL. It started showing pistils and stinking, beautiful roots, pearly white, so i moved it to my other room, with air filtering and a 400w sodium. I didn´t want it to be shocked by the light, so i put it like 2.5 feet away from it. The next day i see the leafs kind of falling... i though, ok, it´s adapting to the new light... The next day, it´s looking worst, and, it´s developed yellow spots! And the roots are not as white as they used to be, they are browning a little bit...

What the hell is going on?!!

Here are some pics:
https://imgur.com/a/x8ZM16J

P.H is 6.0

No change of water or nutrients whatsoever. Do you guys have any idea what can cause this? I´m in a pretty cold weather, and the light is ventilated. I´m dumbfounded... any help will be apretiated!

insomniac_AU

Hi! You've come to the right place. There should be plenty of people who can help here. I think you need to provide a bit more information. Is this room colder? My feeling is it might be temperature related. You can't let the nutrients get too cold. About 65-68f should be close to what you want. The environment needs to be correct.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Looks like bug damage. If you're not finding tiny bugs and eggs on the bottom of the leaves, you'll have to check the roots. Gnats and aphids bite the roots, which causes spots on the leaves.

If you could, please post another photo or two with cfl lighting for full color. :)

Welcome to ICMag!! :D

Changuitos

Is this room colder? My feeling is it might be temperature related. You can't let the nutrients get too cold. About 65-68f should be close to what you want.

Hi!

Hmmm, the room is a little warmer actually.

A little update: Lat night i freaked out and moved her back to the veg room, this morning she looks a little better (https://imgur.com/a/jcbAswL), not great, but a little better.

So, what´s the next move? I guess i´m gonna leave her to fully recover (hopefully), and then move her back to the flowering room with the lights a mile away...
I need to have her in the flowering room, because of the smell.
I hope this hasn´t stunted her too much.

Changuitos

Looks like bug damage. If you're not finding tiny bugs and eggs on the bottom of the leaves, you'll have to check the roots. Gnats and aphids bite the roots, which causes spots on the leaves.

If you could, please post another photo or two with cfl lighting for full color. :)

Welcome to ICMag!! :D

Thank you!

I´ve checked for bugs, and it´s super clean.

Here´s a better picture: https://imgur.com/a/ZQbcSzl

A little update: Lat night i freaked out and moved her back to the veg room, this morning she looks a little better (https://imgur.com/a/jcbAswL), not great, but a little better.

So, what´s the next move? I guess i´m gonna leave her to fully recover (hopefully), and then move her back to the flowering room with the lights a mile away...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks like the beginning stages of a Ca deficiency.

Folk can & will help if you spec your grow conditions.
What are the room temps?
Humidity?
Soil used?
Nutrients used?
Additives?
Soil pH?
Nutrient solution pH?

Hydro is not my thing.
I’m pretty sure Douglas can stear you in the right direction given a little more information.

Changuitos

That looks like the beginning stages of a Ca deficiency.

Folk can & will help if you spec your grow conditions.
What are the room temps?
Humidity?
Soil used?
Nutrients used?
Additives?
Soil pH?
Nutrient solution pH?

Hydro is not my thing.
I’m pretty sure Douglas can stear you in the right direction given a little more information.

I don´t have all this info, i´m sorry!

All i have is:

PH: 6.0
Nutrients: GH MAxiBloom at Luca´s Formula ratio.

And yes, i´m guessing this was some deficency triggered by the plant trying to cope with the new enviroment (and maybe even starting the flowering) and sucking up the nutes?

Thank you man.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Question: Your hydro system is which? Roots-In or Roots-Out? Roots-In systems have their roots constantly exposed to the nutrient solution. DWC, RDWC, NFT and so on. Roots-Out systems get flooded/fed several times a day with dry out periods.

Second question: How long has the pH been at 6.0?

With the better photo, I'm also leaning more toward a calcium issue.