What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big problems with bubblers – DWC, RDWC grower's opinions

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Clearly you have not bothered to look at my thread or even the title which is Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings
, but somehow, you feel the need to chime in. Why is that? AND, you took the time to call me out (when you shouldn't have) but failed to call out CB,
WHICH YOU SHOULD HAVE

1. PF, I know Gypsy recently did some cleansing on your thread, 2.0. I don't know who's posts where cleansed from it as it was done just before the last time I peaked into your thread.

2. You are going to cause cleansing to have to be done to posts in this thread due to all of the off topic arguments, both of you, PF and CB!

3. Enough said! Back to the OP's topic!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
1. PF, I know Gypsy recently did some cleansing on your thread, 2.0. I don't know who's posts where cleansed from it as it was done just before the last time I peaked into your thread.

2. You are going to cause cleansing to have to be done to posts in this thread due to all of the off topic arguments, both of you, PF and CB!

3. Enough said! Back to the OP's topic!

Very True....

....after a while it all gets a bit like A Punch and Judy Show....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB76IEKsgw

Probably best to stay out of each others threads.....or we just end up with all this off-topic bickering.

RockinRobot

Best bet is just replace air stones each run. I have soaked them in white vinegar to take out salt deposits in them in the past. They are cheap though so its just easier to replace each run.

PetFlora glad a mod finally said something to you about spamming newbies threads to visit your train wreck of a thread. CB stole my saying.

BTW this is what plants at 30 days flower should look like. These are at day 27, since last time I posted pics you claimed mine were further along.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Nice development there. :)

It's a good thing the dang stones are cheap. I've noticed the price dropped a bit the last few years, what with more people growing and all. ;)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best bet is just replace air stones each run. I have soaked them in white vinegar to take out salt deposits in them in the past. They are cheap though so its just easier to replace each run.

PetFlora glad a mod finally said something to you about spamming newbies threads to visit your train wreck of a thread. CB stole my saying.

BTW this is what plants at 30 days flower should look like. These are at day 27, since last time I posted pics you claimed mine were further along.

View Image

View Image

wow mine is soooo farrrrr behind. Wish I could grow as well as you. Hopefully one day i will gain CBs respect lol

But any comparison does beg a few questions: how many watts are you using... is your strain identical to mine, clone or seed...? Mine is under a 4 year old BML SPYDR 600= ~ 360w actual

Day 28

View attachment 454801 View attachment 454802

Palindrome

King of Schwag
6 weeks in 12/12 - PetFlora any tips to save it?

54092Alegria_6_weeks_flower_01.JPG

Back to topic :D

As mentioned, just throw them in vinegar or change them.

I have used both air stones, tubes, rings and discs. For DWC, I would use a disc or ring bubbler in the root chamber.

green404

I like the "grenades" the 2" or 4" they sit in the buckets well and send out a good spread of bubbles.

I soak mine in boiling/hot water for 10 min, not sure how great that is(hasn't killed them yet) I keep waiting for the glue to melt but it never has.

Drop That Sound

No two stones ever seem to be the same... Noticed that there is a pretty large rate of duds no matter what brand.

I've had to hone out glue (and even glass?) from the nipples with a drill bit quite a few times.

Have to add individual valves to regulate flow, even if the air lines are all the same length. That is unless you don't care if one container is getting more or less.

What else.. oh ya they drag around and scratch the bottom of your containers, creating little crevices that are harder to clean, and probably a good place for baddies to hide out.

I dunno, i'm kinda over them. Switching to disposable 1/2" soaker hose in the next week or so, and hopefully never looking back!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 weeks in 12/12 - PetFlora any tips to save it?

View Image

Back to topic :D

As mentioned, just throw them in vinegar or change them.

I have used both air stones, tubes, rings and discs. For DWC, I would use a disc or ring bubbler in the root chamber.

Sorry to disappoint you, and the other slanderous aholes. All my issues were due to experimentation working out various aspects to max my grows. Of course none of you bothered to read my threads to know that, which is often the case when lay ignorant people have a keyboard

View attachment 455292 View attachment 455293

RockinRobot

All my issues were due to experimentation working out various aspects to max my grows.

View attachment 455292 View attachment 455293

BS. I read both of your threads start to finish. Your current plant are in the shape they are in because, after 10+ years growing you started them under 12/12 and wondered why they started flowering at 3 weeks from seed. Before that it was you didn't know you needed to monitor Ph. The list goes on. If you just stayed out of other newbies threads telling them to check out your thread we would probably leave you alone.

No one has slandered you ever. Only called you on your BS. The truth is you are a pompous ass that constantly self bumps his own thread to feel good. There is a good reason your threads both have a rating of only 2 stars.

Time for the mods to give you a vacation

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BS. I read both of your threads start to finish. Your current plant are in the shape they are in because, after 10+ years growing you started them under 12/12 and wondered why they started flowering at 3 weeks from seed. Before that it was you didn't know you needed to monitor Ph. The list goes on. If you just stayed out of other newbies threads telling them to check out your thread we would probably leave you alone.

No one has slandered you ever. Only called you on your BS. The truth is you are a pompous ass that constantly self bumps his own thread to feel good. There is a good reason your threads both have a rating of only 2 stars.

Time for the mods to give you a vacation

I never said my thread is a BIBLE, it's a educational tutorial. with lots of experimenting. People learn more from mistakes than swimming along

You're the constant antagonist. And the one among a few who should be given a vacation

Again, you lie (or is it poor reading comprehension?): I have always used a pH pen, but they do go bad - SLOWLY, so I was getting inaccurate readings, AND, I was not checking accuracy as often as I should. Oaktons are a PITA to adjust. I now use a Milwaukee which is super simple

And yes, the most likely the cause of early flowering was I neglected to reset my timer for longer veg. However, they have recovered quite nicely, in spite of single blade leafs, but none of you said that. Nooooooooo, just bashers

BUT, these are lessons to share with noobs, whereas you and your ilk choose to say that noobs should not follow me. It's you who should not, as you contribute NOTHING

2 Stars, probably by you and the other buttplugs. but how many views? Between Hail Hydro and 2.0 there are over 70K views. So suck it

RockinRobot

I never said my thread is a BIBLE, it's a educational tutorial. with lots of experimenting. People learn more from mistakes than swimming along

You're the constant antagonist. And the one among a few who should be given a vacation

Again, you lie (or is it poor reading comprehension?): I have always used a pH pen, but they do go bad - SLOWLY, so I was getting inaccurate readings, AND, I was not checking accuracy as often as I should. Oaktons are a PITA to adjust. I now use a Milwaukee which is super simple

And yes, the most likely the cause of early flowering was I neglected to reset my timer for longer veg. However, they have recovered quite nicely, in spite of single blade leafs, but none of you said that. Nooooooooo, just bashers

BUT, these are lessons to share with noobs, whereas you and your ilk choose to say that noobs should not follow me. It's you who should not, as you contribute NOTHING

2 Stars, probably by you and the other buttplugs. but how many views? Between Hail Hydro and 2.0 there are over 70K views. So suck it

Your cumulative rating from all votes is 2 stars. I gave you 1 star because there's no 0.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your cumulative rating from all votes is 2 stars. I gave you 1 star because there's no 0.

Robots are only as aware as their programmer, and are prone to breakdown. You need to reboot, maybe even a new hard drive, or smarter programmer

Douglas.Curtis

70k views, highest rating is 2 stars, personal rating is abysmal.

Awareness is a powerful thing. When you meet 3 jerks before noon every day... you should start looking in the mirror to see what you're doing to piss people off.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
70k views, highest rating is 2 stars, personal rating is abysmal.

Awareness is a powerful thing. When you meet 3 jerks before noon every day... you should start looking in the mirror to see what you're doing to piss people off.

Awareness? Funny that you would use that word: I will start with your high praise of the robots buds that he posted (#25) as a slam to mine, without him explaining whether it is an auto, what strain, or how many watts, which even you should realize is important when making a comparison (note the robot did not respond specifically when i called him out on that)

Proof that both of you are not as smart, or as adept at debating as you think you are. And that your motive is painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain, and why your posts in my thread keep getting removed

FYI: between the 2 Hai Hydro thread ? 100,000

OP I am very sorry to have participated in jacking your thread. No matter what these 2 reply at this point I have left the building[/SIZE]

Douglas.Curtis

Anyone have experience with fused glass bead diffusers? I believe it's the one type of airstone I've not used yet. Theoretically they should be easy to clean with an acid or base soak, basically burn everything off the glass. :D

JohnM

Regular aquarium bubblers are a mess. Found a new kind of bubbler in “horti (horticulture) daily.”
Gaia technology maximizes the DO delivered to the plant roots by generating Ultra-Fine Oxygen Bubbles of less than 200nm (.2 microns), mixing over 100 million UFBs into every ml of the nutrient solution before transmission to the plants. Ultra-Fine Bubbles are invisible to the naked eye…
“Strong increase in cannabis production with bubble oxygenation” http://www.hortidaily.com/article/38962/Strong-increase-in-cannabis-production-with-bubble-oxygenation
Any of you ever use this?