What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to increase marijuana scent and flavour?

Goats

well thats your first problem. jacks. it can grow nice plants, but they are not dense an lack smell and taste. jacks has a trouble creating these added oils we seek. when the oils are created, you will get your taste an smell.

jacks wont. i ran it for 1.5 years an will never run jacks an calnit ratios ever again.

veg bloom hd works, floranova bloom works. botanigaurd. canna.

i had such false flowers with jacks an cal nit. thye would be monsters but lacked density taste an over all oils.....

i have used jacks for about a year and a half now as well and just got some v+b to flower with this run. if the difference is as i've heard i will probably continue on using the jacks for veg and v+b for flower.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the chloride levels in GH calimagic are also high. its fine when use 3 mills per gal. but push the plants limit an up the feeding levels then these unused minerals ( and or chloride an sodium levels) build in the root zone, nutrient solution (if not dtw), and in the stem and the leaf tissue. eventually causing major leaf scorching which looked like text book potassium def. that problem plagued me for well into a year. eventually stopping jacks an cal nit. and removing gh cali magic as my additional cal an mag choice. i now mix a stock solution part yara calcium nitrate, dissolivne ECA10 . then for a magnesium stock solution , it is a mix of magnesium nitrate & magnesium sulfate, and a small amount of iron edta. replicating a one part cal mag, but without the calcium chloride.
You just described the issue I am having to a T.

Looks like I need to find a new source of calcium...

gmanwho

Veteran
You just described the issue I am having to a T.

Looks like I need to find a new source of calcium...

a little expensive but the dissolvine eca10 is great. an organic calcium powder that is great too is biominn calcium. they have a powder an liquid. i go with the powders as i dont like to pay to ship water weight.

biominn is great as a ca foliar as well. but doesnt sit well in reserviors. eventually participates out an or creates a film. stinks too, smells like fermenting dirty gym socks.. but plants love it.

the dissolivine eca10 is a great choice an is stable in a slow bubbling reservoir

again , customhydronutrients is a great place to get agri products.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a little expensive but the dissolvine eca10 is great. an organic calcium powder that is great too is biominn calcium. they have a powder an liquid. i go with the powders as i dont like to pay to ship water weight.

biominn is great as a ca foliar as well. but doesnt sit well in reserviors. eventually participates out an or creates a film. stinks too, smells like fermenting dirty gym socks.. but plants love it.

the dissolivine eca10 is a great choice an is stable in a slow bubbling reservoir

I should have the dissolvine eca10 in my hands by Monday. Hope it's not too late. I've got couple of plants that are in pretty bad shape. While two of my other strains are totally fine and are showing no problems what so ever.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Joint Lock

Need to learn how to dry and cure properly . I tell ppl this all the time . "anyone can grow weed but can u dry it and cure it right ?" thats the question

FLUSH

7-10 day dry period after a proper flush

Then into jars burp first few days and then leave sealed .
simple as that

If u rush things or dont do it right u will be stuck with hay smell and flavors

Burt

Veteran
Curing is an art, as much so as growing.
I have seen green crack, GDP, WW, an NL, all elite NE cuts that final product smelled like hay.
Proper curing signs are a dramatic change in bouquet from chrolorphyl and hay smells to the smells we all know and love
Burp your jars for 10 days at least

L

larry badiner

from my experience, organic tastes better then hydro. with hydro you need to add a bunch of junk to make it equal to organic, but hydro yields more and is easier to take care of

Hookah79

How would you go about adding eca10 in the rez to compliment jacks?At the moment i run 450ppm jacks and 300ppm calnit .

At week 6 i cut calnit in half to 150 ppm.I still feel the leaves are not faded enough by chop.

I do sometimes stop calnit completely by week 8 depending.

I’ve been thinking about changing my calnit source .

I’ve been having issues on the past few runs as far as density.It looks good it smells great the nugs are hard but just light.After haging them for 7-10 days they lose alot of weight.I use to buy distilled water to make stock solutions ,but those past runs i just started using discharged water from my ac condesate pump and i dont know if that’s another issue or not....

Anyways that eca10 could be a good subtitue for calnit me thinks.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I agree also, people talking about a dry trim.

i buck branches, pull fan leaves off. Usually takes 12-14 days until its ready to trim. The longer the better, can't rush the drying process

Dirt Bag

There are still people who think hydroponic nutrients are "chemicals" and the ones found in soil aren't? They're probably posting this on a Compaq running Windows 98 and jamming out to Milli Vanili.

beta

Veteran
Hi!
To your question, the best answer is: "Dont use chemical ferts; use organics".
Salud.

tenor.gif

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Refer to them as unaltered natural food for soil biology or synthetic nutrient substitute.

The natural food for soil biololgy almost always makes a tastier more aromatic finished product. In fact I have been learning certain soil bacteria are precursers to some terpenes.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread, really enjoyed reading. Thanks to all who contributed! I'm happy to see so many people supporting the dry trim. I've been fighting against the fast and wet methods for decades. I'm glad to see the community coming into the light on this issue because it does make a HUGE difference in the outcome. BTW, when I encounter a skeptic, I simply say, "There's no need to do a test, don't bother with an A-B, just try it once you'll see". The differences are that obvious.

Of course in my case the old saying, 'give a man a hammer' applies. As a breeder with almost 50 years experience under my belt, I look around me and see nothing but genetic solutions to virtually everything. Naturally, I'm with the camp that says genetics are the first consideration when it comes to maximum smells and tastes.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
WOW!

WOW!

I inject half way up the plant before harvest with watered down maple syrup aka sap. trichs double in size in 2 days and packs weight along with stronger smell and taste...gotta hit it just right tho in xylem. bypass roots and gives everything a plant needs concentrated 10ml per foot. move around the stem so all branches get hits.

I mean fucking WOW!!!!!~

Latest posts

Latest posts