What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

wheres the 150 watt growers?

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
hello everyone im just curious to see how your grows are going please feel free to post im growing with a 150 watt hps right now just not growing cannabis this is my first post and i think this is a great site good luck

krusty

"wheres the 150 watt growers?"

uhm....they be too broke to afford a computer:)

(teehee...comedy club folks)

peace

krusty

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
by the way i think your comment or joke you call it was mighty rude just because someone doesnt have the funds to start some massive grow doesnt mean they are any different than you all they want it a little bit of weed to smoke on

nothumb

UH OH!!!

UH OH!!!

You know, I've never tried to lock horns with Krusty, but I heard it was like looking into the eyes of the devil! Don't do it man! Just back away slowly...

krusty

teehee

looking in the eyes of da devil...gawd

me just here to have fun dewd

was jk arround sorry for da hurt feelings...

*grouphugz*

peace

krusty

sm0kateer4204 said:
...diggity dank how big is your setup?
ive got a C13 cabinet from homedepot with a 250w MH/HPS conversion in it. right now there are 2 plants almost done flowering and i got 10 little babies that came up 4 days ago. (BOGBubble and Who's Ya Daddy)

BoomTownGrower

My harvested girls.

My harvested girls.

Just thought I would show off my newely harvested girls. K2 under a 150hps, bog's soil, flowered 57 days and harvested last friday :D Now got some papaya ready. Here are the K2.
I think this fixed the picture:

http://www.icmag.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=359&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

BTW: I just read Skip's post on the problem with the pictures, sorry for bitchin before. Best of luck to you Skip.

Last edited:

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
sounds like a nice setup it kills mine haha im using a rubbrmaid trash can as a box with a couple of comp fans in the a 150 watt hps and an extremely kind gentelman is sending me some seeds tomorrow well technically today but im looking forward to growing them thanks for the replys, no hard feelings krusty

elmo quist

150 watts

150 watts

I use air cooled 150 watt HPS's for my cabinet grows, and have done so for close to 15 years now. And although I admit that this system is incapable of producing the kind of monster trees that our always entertaining and informative friend Krusty would approve of, it does keep me supplied with good smoke at a reasonable (read:ghetto) price (150 watt HPS@ 12/12 = $6 USD per month on the electric bill where I live). You will find that some strains are better suited than others for growth under smaller wattage bulbs---flowering stretch being the key thing to watch out for(unless, of course, you LIKE growing stems). I do hang a few cool blue CFL's down around the periphery; they seem to help keep the stretch to a minimum. I use both SCROG and SOG--it just depends on the strain, but veg at least for a month to get the best results. The one undeniable fact that I can attest to is that in cabinet grows, heat buildup is enemy #1. Once you get that problem whupped, it's all downhill from there.

And experiment, experiment, experiment. After all, that's what ultimately produced such breakthroughs as the light bulb, the airplane, and the Krusty bucket.

Good luck on your grow.

:cool:

FlatDog

With a 150 crop you won't been smoking that much...I Spent a 3 month grow to smoke 1 month 1/2 ... Grow big at once, :)

FD

Last edited:

BoomTownGrower

Flatdog-

Man, I wish I had a place to put a 400 or bigger. But, when you are living with 2 other people and have guests, you have to keep it small. I don't mind having a small yield, basically I enjoy having my own smoke for a while. It's all in the fun of growing really, havin good smoke is just the plus of it :)

Lets see some more small grows guys, I know you out there :p

Grow on,
BoomTown

wisc2

Ive got nlxbb from gypsy closet growin in my little cabinet under 150 hps. maybe 2 wks into flower. Living in an apartment growing big aint gonna happen. Veg chamber on bottom with fluros, flower on top. I also have 2 cfls and 2 20w full spectrum fluros for vert lighting. The floros prob dont help any but it cant hurt. I would rather have a small grow than none at all. When others are dry and lookin all over, I have my little stash and I have no worries.

Latest posts

Latest posts