What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

a ppk for a 6 plant limit

Grow4Flow

dig the tail pipe, i have been doing mine very similar to avoid the glue mess...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-3-in-Black-Plastic-Snap-in-Inside-Drain-845-3APK/202274053

the limits do suck but due to this my recently completed build is configured for a legal collective tree grow; 4 rooms (9' x 15' x 9'H).

So, if you're planning to keep each plant under 12" you would need to lollipop them and do lots of them correct? would that then even equal close to the yield from growing trees?

Attachments

• photo_zps0f066bee.jpg
    photo_zps0f066bee.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 25

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
dig the tail pipe, i have been doing mine very similar to avoid the glue mess...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-3-in-Black-Plastic-Snap-in-Inside-Drain-845-3APK/202274053

the limits do suck but due to this my recently completed build is configured for a legal collective tree grow; 4 rooms (9' x 15' x 9'H).

So, if you're planning to keep each plant under 12" you would need to lollipop them and do lots of them correct? would that then even equal close to the yield from growing trees?

i intend to flower them at 12" in this device. one per module in a strong vertical light field.

DrFever

Veteran
scrog? will you still be able to achieve close to the same yield?
Now that i can figure out how to make it lol will be doing PPK scrog 1850 watts per 5x5 area 300 of that is plasma 1 plants per area 100 gallon totes per plant 10+ week veg 4 pounds dry a plant is my goal strain Barneys Critical kush

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Badass upgrade. I have knocked a couple screens off trying to unclog the thing, and the 4" hole in the bucket lid makes it mighty hard to remove the plants frm the site with a clamp or zipties on the window screen. Watching you d9.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
One more thing, i dont think im managing my air gap poperly. Sorta just eyeballing/measuring the controller res level and using that to judge whats in the other buckets. Ive got a few holes in my float valve controller res from not being able to get the level right...

Do you mind going over how you set the water level, drill the controller hole, etc. One more time so i can learn how to do it right?

Regards.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Badass upgrade. I have knocked a couple screens off trying to unclog the thing, and the 4" hole in the bucket lid makes it mighty hard to remove the plants frm the site with a clamp or zipties on the window screen. Watching you d9.

Why are your tailpipes clogging when your media is floordry...? did you sieve the media to remove the smaller particles and dust or just rinse it?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
scrog? will you still be able to achieve close to the same yield?

no scrog, just a minimum veg and straight to flower.

definitely not the same yield per plant or even the same yield per sq ft per harvest.

what i think i can do is the same or better yield per sq ft per year by turning the room over 5 times instead of 2.5 per year.

in my normal large plant grow i would veg 7-8 weeks and then flower 10-11 weeks. so that's 17-18-19 weeks.

here i intend to flower at one ft with a 10 week flower.

i think this takes maximum advantage of the legal limitations here.

if i lived in a place where the limits stated that i could have 6 plants in "flower" instead of 6 plants over one foot i would be vegging them huge first.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
One more thing, i dont think im managing my air gap poperly. Sorta just eyeballing/measuring the controller res level and using that to judge whats in the other buckets. Ive got a few holes in my float valve controller res from not being able to get the level right...

Do you mind going over how you set the water level, drill the controller hole, etc. One more time so i can learn how to do it right?

Regards.

hey, dabs! i'm building the rest of the system today and tomorrow and will record the whole thing.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I met a guy who says you've made a few system changes... good to see you around d9.

good to see you around also, i understand you had a fire. i'm glad you and yours are safe and i hope you recover fast from the damages.

small world!

Sqydro

good to see u back d9s been hassling every one about this system grow4flow been keeping me right so il sit back and seethe man him self do ti all the best

Budley Doright

Veteran
with a short veg.

i currently live in a place that has a 6 plant limit per medical card. but the law stipulates that all plants over 12" go towards this limit.

so it really doesn't make much sense to run a long veg and turn the area over 2.5-3 times per year when you can flower at 1 ft and turn the same space over 5-6 times per year.

Im not sure this is the best use of your plant count....

If you are planning 10 weeks of flower then you will be flowering your plants at 12 inches.....

30 plants or a bit more over the course of the year....

Many folks who grow for medical have the plant count issue.....

I certainly wouldnt grow the plants like you are planning to get the biggest bang for my buck....

I would instead have 4 plants in flower...and 2 plants in large veg....

Your 12 inch plants can veg for 5 additional weeks then go into flower ...... 4 plants in flower allow for 2 plants to be harvested every 5 weeks.....

or 20 plants.....

THe question becomes....which will yield more.....

30 plants flowered at 12 inches or 20 plants flowered large......

a perpetual grow is the way to go....imo.....

Miraculous Meds

Huge fan of your work and thread. Damn new build tho. I got all the parts to build out 48 sites the old way. Now I see u sized down and it would be perfect for a friends room. What to do with 48 extra 7 gal tubs lol. Maybe I need to get some animals. Maybe giant salad bowls? Giant rolling trays?