What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lightproofing...

G

can anyone give me any tips on how to lightproof a c-24, i used the low density weather stripping, and I put it along the doors, and it worked great except every time you open the door = more wear and tear and it just comes loose...any ideas? new weatherstripping? put it on cab instead of door?

G

Just like this. I made the "skirts" out of panda paper. Works very well.

Seed

G

it just tapes from the door to the cab, making like a little barrier...looks interesting...and what about where the doors meet?

G

Hang a 2 piece curtain made out of panda paper...this will stop the light from comming out of the crack between the doors. Use foil tape to attatch.

Seed

G

Weather stripping only works for awhile. It gets squished. I have absolutly 0 light leakage using what I described.

G

Heres a better pic of the inside corner of the door and the curtain.

Seed

G

that looks like too much work for me...plus I would have to go buy "panda film"...idk if I'm gonna do that...anyone else? I know weatherstripping works, i've read threads about it, just need to figure out the secret...

Sauce

I use panda poly in the same type of skirt cover on a C25. Weatherstripping will work if you find the right size and manage to get it to stay for awhile.

wickedpete66

once you put on the weartherstripping take some white duct tape and go over the entire length of the doormaking sure to wrap it around the door as well, this will make a good seal plus the white blends into the door and you wont see it

G

k1llakr0n said:
that looks like too much work for me...plus I would have to go buy "panda film"...idk if I'm gonna do that...anyone else? I know weatherstripping works, i've read threads about it, just need to figure out the secret...
Growing a cannabis plant full term takes A LOT OF WORK. You can't skimp on any aspect and expect a good safe harvest. IMO

Seed

PS- I tried the stripping. I wore out before the 1st harvest.

G

Here's something I read about on OG last year. I've tried this myself & it works really great!! :woohoo:

Get yourself some black calk. Spread it all around the cab where the doors meet the cab. On the doors, spread a thin film of Vasaline. Close the doors for 24 hrs. to allow the calk to cure. Presto, you've got a custom gasket & 100% light seal. If there's a gap between the doors, you can glue a strip of thin wood across it & then do the same with the calk. :sasmokin:
Just make sure your surfaces are clean when you apply the calk.

Hope this helps ya out!

Bh

G

hrmmmm...it's where the doors attatch is the problem...everything else is good...and growing a cannabis plant is not that much work...KISS...live by it bro...

Bipedalhominid said:
Here's something I read about on OG last year. I've tried this myself & it works really great!! :woohoo:

Get yourself some black calk. Spread it all around the cab where the doors meet the cab. On the doors, spread a thin film of Vasaline. Close the doors for 24 hrs. to allow the calk to cure. Presto, you've got a custom gasket & 100% light seal. If there's a gap between the doors, you can glue a strip of thin wood across it & then do the same with the calk. :sasmokin:
Just make sure your surfaces are clean when you apply the calk.

Hope this helps ya out!

Bh

Biped, I've heard of this caulk...could you be more specific, as in brand names and location in Lowes or the DePot? Thanks.

R00KIE

You should be able to find it anywhere..
Any hardware store would carry black caulk.
Just ask for it they'll tell ya.

G

Vern Equinox said:
Biped, I've heard of this caulk...could you be more specific, as in brand names and location in Lowes or the DePot? Thanks.
Hey, no problem Vern.......

The tube I have is made by DAP (brand name). These guys have been around for decades. It's an acrylic latex caulk plus silicone and (according to the label) has a 35 year durability guarantee. I'll tell you what, I put this stuff on and I almost have a tough time gettin the cab door open it seals so well. And after months, no sign of it wanting to come off......it's really fucking on there!!!! No light leaks......I couldn't recommend this stuff more highly.

You can probably find it any place that is a hardware outlet....like Ace, HD or Lowes. When I first bought this stuff, I knew that there were other colors of caulk besides white.......like brown & gray, etc. So, when I saw it I went, "Damn, there really is such a thing as black caulk......and the black caulk is the same size as the white caulk too!!" hehehe. :biglaugh:

Bh

I better annunciate well, if I'm going in and askng for, "Black caulk and Vaseline!" I'm glad I don't live in New England!

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
So why is black caulk better? Would white caulk work? Or is the black caulk bigger somehow... I thought that was a myth? ��

Sargemilla

Since I am into cheap and rudimentary solutions this is what I would do:
I would buy a big enough sheet of thick and black fabric and completely cover the tent with it. Cut holes for intake and outtake and just partially remove it every time I open the tent. Quite poor solution but I'm 100% it would work perfectly :D

Latest posts

Latest posts