What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tonys Tent or The Escape From The Closet of DOOM

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm starting something new!
I got this dr150, is a nice 5x5 square.

Lets have a peek inside. For Starters this is my new shiny.

I have a 400w hortilux eye blue in there right now. No fans hooked up, it doesn't get too hot.

Here is a pic of the babies. There were in some light warrior. The baby in the lower left corner is a blue satellite 2.2
The others are Killer Queen Redux.

I topped then very small as you can see. I am doing a text, I basically threw the tiny tops I cut off into wet dirt and sat em in a corner. They are sittin in a plastic plate with a little water in the bottom. Helps get the rh in the room up bit too. I am keeping track of them in case they live for sexing purposes.

We'll see if anything happens!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So those were the KKR, I also have some Blue Satellite 2.2, such fat seeds! 5 of em, all popped. I put one in a square pot, it is doing the best so far. The rest went into 16 oz solo cups in light warrior. 3 did ok but not as good as their sibling the the square pot pictured above with the KKR. 1 runted up and is severely stunted I have kept it going though anyway. Here a pic of the runt and two of the others about 7 days in dirt.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Meanwhile I got the mix together but I could not get the AZOMITE so I am running without it.

This bad boy right here was put to use, most bad ass shovel I ever used...

Mixing is tough in a small spot. the tarp made it nice and easy to clean up, I'm excited to see how it goes!

So I moved all the babies.

Here is the KKR and 2 Ice Cream clones I kept from my last run, not very powerful but I find it good for pain and a nice yielder.

The Blues got moved as well, and the runt into a square pot.
I got a couple Caliber III's too, this one is usually showing between
75-85, mainly around the 80 mark. RH is low right now the saucers with water help it a bit. I look for it too be better shortly as the babies take off.

I topped the blues too tiny to try anything, hehe well I tried with one... These guys really were like what the fuck did you just do and do not respond nearly as nicely or quickly as the KKR. They are fina;lly showing a response 3-4 days later with tiny shoots finally starting... wont be topping them much.

jm420

Veteran
subscribed brother ,I cant wait to see you rock that tent.I'll be here from start to finish :)

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for comin by bro! I'm excited to use this mix as I won't be using nutes, just straight water.

I am building a scrog for half of that tent as we speak... :)

jm420

Veteran
Going to be interesting with the just water feeding .I'm not familiar with soil or coco .So i know ill pick up some tricks.I got plenty of room and lite and dwc is starting to be to much on a big scale

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hell yeah Tony I am looking forward to seeing this, I wish you the best of luck I have never had pressure on the mix like this on the nets lol, only in real life. Just so you know I have about 10 people using this mix successfully on a commercial scale as first time growers. I think you will have great success. Please keep us posted I am going to favorite this so I can follow along.

Also, if mixing inside please be sure to wear a mask, perlite will tear your lungs up, and the bone and blood meal are horrible to inhale. Not to mention the dirt boogers. It is best to wear a mask indoors and outdoors, but outdoors I usally just watch the wind I am in a pretty windy spot.

Rock on!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya tony,,very nice work,,i will pull a chair up for this one,,,really want to see your mix rock with just plain water and no nutes apart from whats in your soil mix,,,keep safe tony g,,,peace and safe growing s2 [just harvested i spent 16hrs trimming,,started sun am finish monday am,,that with me using a bonsai trimmer and another person working with me,,]

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn s2 time for a vacation huh? :)

Good point about the dust and crap PK, I noticed quite soon on and threw y ninja tshirt around my head, I gotta say the babies are looking happy in that mix, I had just topped again and they were a little mad, this morning all new shoots unfolding... They seem very very happy atm, stay tuned!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd say so damn near an inch of growth today, funny about the blue sat 2.2 topping, these guys hated being topped, I mean my KQR would show new shoot growth the next day, the blues sat angry for a good 5 days with not even a nub poppin out for new shoots,,, just got home guess what? The blues sprouted their new tops,,, loving it.

My runt is gonna be transplanted next, this will be interesting, I'm betting the mix sets it off and running.

On a side note got home today and 3/4 of my first topping experiment died, the best looking shoot held on yet and one looked dead and I puled it up and found two little white roots, I moved em to a rockwool plug to see if it can be saved. Holding out on the last cut.
The second batch of toppers is still looking good and green about 6 days in, the difference being I had more stem to save from the second round of topping. I am getting confident about cloning in dirt so I am trying to see just how much or how little material it takes for me to be successful.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys just finished building my SCROG, it covers a bit less than half of the tent.

Thing is Im debating how to put it into play with these plants being from seed, I may just take clones and bloom these free standing then throw in the scrog in a month with all female clones, any thoughts or ideas on that?

Here is an update for the KQR girls, they just love being topped, little bushes in the making!

:laughing:

Check out the stems swelling after they were topped, these babies react fast to topping.

jm420

Veteran
looking good bro,if it were me id scrog now,presex in 30 days cull the males then flower

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I suppose just readjust branches to cover the missing parts from where I'd cut out the males? I just really wanna fill that screen up good if I use it... Since its only my 2nd grow and I never used a screen I don't wanna fuck it up cuz im positive I can grow some big trees free standing. Gotta learn sometime I guess!

Probably gonna try makin seeds for the first time too. Im eyeing up a small t-5 panel to maybe throw a boy or two under in my old space in a different area. I'm thinking it wuld be enough to get some pollen, I saw a guy on here bloomin under t-5s in a different thread. I'm pretty sure Ima get a Blue Satellite boy and with 7 KQR I'll prolly have one from there as well. I kept 4 KQR seeds to try in case I luck out on all girls... lol

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
TRAGEDY STRUCK.

Well a little...

I as watering and doing a little LST today and I was working on the biggest Baby and one of her 2nd tops popped right off... I was in shock and trimmed her up and rushed her to the ER, she is now in ICU...

It is weird because when I topped her she bled red sap, you can see it if you look into the main stem to the right in this pic. Just to the left you can see where the top popped off. No sap came out at all.

I was gently pushing aside the two twin tops to get a look at the lower growth and it literally popped right off, almost no pressure, just fell off. After I topped it they took awhile to get them two tops and now I'm back down to one on that plant. :(
She is small and stout and almost waxy in texture, I was surprised no fluid came out of either the lpant or top end that fell off, it is almost self sealed or something. It reminds me of a Pothos plant if anyone knows what Im talking about... Needless to say not touching the blues the rest of the way out... lmao

Here is a top down of her...

The KQR on the other hand love being topped, LSTed, snapped, crushed you name it, nothing but good reaction to everything I've tried...Here is 6 of em I have the "runt" sitting a bit higher sitting off to the side.

My other Blues are small and developing their two tops still.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm expecting them to blow up in the next two weeks. The blues are maybe more pure indica? I may have to continue vegging them longer when I flip...

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Tagged up for your show tony :tiphat:
Your going to love the Killer Queen Redux :good: Easy as frack to grow and puts out the dank arsed pineapple smelling resin frosted buds ;)
:plant grow:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are lookin like they will be bushes too! The Blues got me stumped though. lol The Ice Cream clones are goin nuts revegging from flower, I will probably make some seeds with em. :)

Thanks for stoppin in!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Btw they are already stinking... I need to sort some filtration ASAP. Any suggestions for this tent guys? I'd rather pull it off with one fan due to electricity and $ I do have the old dayton squirrel cage to play with if need be... I know two fans would be best. My optimum 4000 wont cut it alone I suspect...

Playing with the stems of the KQR I notice a few different phenos we can check out soon!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
I would get onto your carbon filter mate, the KQR will make the house smell like a pineapple processing factory believe me.
In your DR 150 I would use a 6inch fan with a Phat or Can filter (my preference) on the intake side of the fan :good: