What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Biocanna PH'ing very low

Xanode

Hi

Both with vega and Flores, when I make up a mix of either of these it will ph down to 4.5 in RO.

I have been raising it back up to 5.5.

Canna states that bio doesn't need to be acidified, but 4.5ph, is that pushing it?

In canna terra soil medium(not organic one) amended with homemade castings, I'm not seeing major deficiencies/problems, I still feel like it's not the optimal PH.

Canna recommends a ph of 5.8 in their soil, while I have also read that with organic nutes the low ph is perfectly fine and it adjusts itself in the medium

What do people think?

let it go in at 4.5? keep setting it to 5.5? set it to 5.8? or even 6+ in flower?

Much thanks for any help.

kushdream

Hi

Both with vega and Flores, when I make up a mix of either of these it will ph down to 4.5 in RO.

I have been raising it back up to 5.5.

Canna states that bio doesn't need to be acidified, but 4.5ph, is that pushing it?

In canna terra soil medium(not organic one) amended with homemade castings, I'm not seeing major deficiencies/problems, I still feel like it's not the optimal PH.

Canna recommends a ph of 5.8 in their soil, while I have also read that with organic nutes the low ph is perfectly fine and it adjusts itself in the medium

What do people think?

let it go in at 4.5? keep setting it to 5.5? set it to 5.8? or even 6+ in flower?

Much thanks for any help.
RO water ph fluctuates much more than water with calcium or other minerals in it. i used biocanna for many years. its aight. gotta have that boost tho.

troutman

Seed Whore
Most plant nutrients will drop the pH of a solution.

Just use limestone or another pH up material to bring it back to a reasonable level. :tiphat:

It's not a big deal.