What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what could be the issue here? in need of guidance (pictures!)

hello guys!

i will skip all the talk and go straight to the point.
these girls have been vegging for a couple of weeks under a 50w CFL light in a separate vegging tent.
i have repotted the plants in bigger containers and put them in the flowering room. 2x300w LED panels and 1x600w HPS. still under veg hours (18/6) to let the plants settle in the new inviroment before switching to 12/12.

just 3 days after i moved the plants the have developet rusty spots. the newer leafts also tend to canoe as you can se on the pictures. some of the leafs also have a wierd "wavey" surface. uneven wrinkles between the veins.

could this happend due to light-stress? and/or to hot soil maybe? or is it something else?

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I think heat stress or light stress.. what temps are you hitting and what is your RH?

Also your soil looks hella dry,, you might be drinking them alive. going from 18 hours a day under 50w CFL in Veg to 18 hours of 1200w of combined LED/HPS sounds like a big shock to a plant to me no?

It might also be a phosphorous in there as well, early in life plants eat shit loads of phosphorous. Those patches/spots look similar to phosphorous issues and they look a bit lanky, but before you alter feed remember this might be being exacerbated by your environment and a soil lock out might have slightly started.

You might say your room is running cool and at a nice 55% RH but probably raise your lights, try and lower your temperature and raise humidity.

Those stems look quite purple and stressy as well.

Last edited:
I think heat stress or light stress.. what temps are you hitting and what is your RH?

Also your soil looks hella dry,, you might be drinking them alive. going from 18 hours a day under 50w CFL in Veg to 18 hours of 1200w of combined LED/HPS sounds like a big shock to a plant to me no?

It might also be a phosphorous in there as well, early in life plants eat shit loads of phosphorous.

You might say your room is running cool and at a nice 55% RH but probably raise your lights, try and lower your temperature and raise humidity.
thanks for your reply SOG.

RH is about 50-60% and temp is about 27c / 80F. its not 100% ideal but should be fine? its very hard to lower the temp any more because we have a major heat wave here in my area...

yeah i figure they would get a little light-shock. but didnt think it would be this bad - if thats the problem.
i will try raising the lights.

more inputs is welcome. cheers :tiphat::tiphat:

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Okay yeah not too bad on heat stress... I just think the sudden massive change in par has done it to them and they've drunk through some nutrients unevenly.

Some other details may help others..

PH of medium and what you're watering with?

What soil are they in?

What have you fed them?

How often do you water?

T

Teddybrae

Greetings ... wondering what is the reason you suspect " ... too hot soil maybe"? what do you know about it that you can tell us?