What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa Summer

gr8fulguitr

That looks wonderful. I hope I get some flowers like that from my Zamaldelica. I have branches like that, a thrilling plant to grow.

10 weeks to go : - )

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the Zamaldelica harvest BeaverIslander :)

What a lovely scenery in the background!

Thank you for the the compliments. It is drying at the moment. I had to do a bud wash as it was covered in pollen from trees and other natural vegetation. Guess it was a little too sticky for the wind to blow it off and I never let it get rained on.

I still have some clones from her as well and I want to see if they will finish on their own this fall.

djimb

Veteran
Hey Beaver, I've seen some of your work in the Acapulco Gold thread, and it looks like you're killing it over here as well! Consider me subbed!

Can I ask where you sourced your Colombian Black from? I grew out a few plants from Colombian bagseed a few years back, and I always suspected it was a black line. Any chance you could post a clear picture of a leaf or two?

Keep it up, everything's looking great!

Hey Beaver, I've seen some of your work in the Acapulco Gold thread, and it looks like you're killing it over here as well! Consider me subbed!

Can I ask where you sourced your Colombian Black from? I grew out a few plants from Colombian bagseed a few years back, and I always suspected it was a black line. Any chance you could post a clear picture of a leaf or two?

Keep it up, everything's looking great!

A fellow forum member gave me the Colombian Black seeds. I germed them back in Feb and flipped it to 12/12 on 3/16 so it has been a little over 17 weeks. Here's a couple pics from this morning when I took it outside for the day so she's still a lil sleepy. There's not many big leaves left but here's a couple. (They have a lot pollen from trees etc on them.)

I have never grown this strain before so if anyone with experience can tell me about where I'm at I'd appreciate the info. I have heard they take around 20 weeks, but it doesn't look that close to me and there is very little resin yet. I've got around 10 weeks of good weather left, will she make it?

djimb

Veteran
It looks great! The leaf shape and serrations are pretty similar the Colombians I had. Unfortunately they were all male, so all I got was pollen.

I started mine at 12/12 from seed, and they didn't start to flower for about 2 months. Are you counting your flower time from the flip to 12/12? If you're concerned about finishing on time, you could always give it more dark time. 11/13 can help to speed things up if it doesn't interfere with your schedule too much.

With the males I had, I think they flowered pretty solidly for about 2-3 months before they gave up. I don't know how that translates to female flower time, but I hope it helps.

djimb

Veteran
Is that last one revegging?

Thanks again for accommodating me.

Here are the last few photos of the Colombian bagseed I grew out. I kept them pretty small, but there are some similarities.

In the end, I had limited success reversing the last one with florel (ethephon) in an attempt to make some seed, but it speeds up senescence, and it was already pretty far along. Unfortunately my cloning game left a lot to be desired at that point, so I ended up losing the pure line.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Any updates? How are things looking over there?

Is that last one revegging?

Any updates? How are things looking over there?
Yeah, I took a clone shortly after going 12/12 but before any flowers appeared, guess I was a little late but I wanted a clone just in casae it was worth all of this time. The mother has some amber trich's, but the bud structure still doesn't look ready and it hasn't started turning black, which I've heard that they do.

Hey BeaverIslander. Impressive plants. How many weeks do the Acapulco Golds take to finish flowering?
I think the Acapulco Gold was around 14 weeks.

Latest posts

Latest posts