What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coco run off PH high

Chrono2

so my runoff in my coco perlite mix is always much higher than what i put in (i put in 5.4 and it comes out like 6.5)
should i be concerned with this?
i just tried flushing a pot full of my coco perlite mix with no plant or anything in it and no matter how much water i put through it the ph doesnt drop, and that doesnt seem right to me.

using canna coco

progro

Canna coco is washed and buffered. I give it a rinse of ph water at 5.8 before use and then off I go. I think it’s normal what’s happening there. The root zone ph is balanced by the nitrate/ammonium ratio. Get em in and start feeding them mate. Ph 5.8 for coco.

Chrono2

ok thanks for the reply and ya im gonna start using 5.8 from now on, someone else on the forusm said i should be using 5.2-5.8 but everywhere else ive seen says 5.8-6.0

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hydroponic Range

picture.php

to get a correct reading on the runoff , you have to let the pot drain into a clean unused drip pan or something . if you try to read the runoff in a drip tray thats been collecting runoff for awhile , you'll get a much higher reading . just sayin ......

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is tap PH? What EC is the run off? Etc etc.

Run off is inaccurate and too variable. How do the plants look?