What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coco in titan flow n grow?

mcnasty

I have several flow and grow systems. Currently I use hydroton, and I have to reuse it due to issues disposing of so much each run. I was wondering if I could use coco in this system, and it work as good or better?

I did a lot of searching and I can find a few flood and drain threads, No flow n grow threads. With the flow and grow my basket is completely covered by the buckets, So i'd imagine they would dry out much slower than on a table.

So my few questions if this can work, Should I use chips or normal coco?

I'm sure I would still need to presoak in calmag or my nute solution right? Its been a long time since I've looked into coco, unsure if the stuff doesn't need rinsing/charged anymore.

How often would you flood? Once a day unless they need more in flower? less?

I'm looking at coco chips because it would be very easy for me to burn them after each run. I have 4 systems of 10-15 buckets running, so tossing that much hydroton in the trash every week scares me, tossing any root ball in the trash is scary really.

thanks!

Arkansux

same type of set up just diff brand e&f bucket system. I just use the compressed coco bales , i don't have to use cal mag where i live, at most ill rehydrate them with a low nute water - most of the times plain water.
Yes just like any transplanting u start off watering a little and increase as they go, usually after the fresh ltransplant after the first watering itll be 2 days before its needed again. If u can try to water from the top at the beginning as much as u can and skip floodings. depending on how big u get them to can be watering up to 4 times a day. Mine go thru 55gal every 2 days

Latest posts

Latest posts