What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

How do you guys consider this strains in terms of odour? Is it very noticeable outdoors or as others landrace genetics the aroma is subtle?
Thanks in advance

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello my Friend.
They are moving steadily along in flower. They smell very sweet, and have interesting varying terpene profiles.
I will take some more pictures tomorrow. Some have very unique looking flowers and pistils
View Image

So glad to hear it Dr. Purpur :)

Eager to know more about the different terpene profiles you are finding among your lebanese females.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Psy_explorer :)

Lebanese is quite stealth odor-wise. Aromas are fruity and floral, tempting and appealing, but subtle .... females in flowering don't stink, even indoors, you must go close to them to be able to smell them.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We have just harvested some Lebanese x Hokkaido Japan regular seeds :biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd,

Not sure yet but that would be the goal with this lebanese x japenese hybrid: to find fast flowering semi autoflowering desirable combinations with rich CBD content. The pure Hokkaido Japan has also been recently reproduced and preserved in seed form .... we also have just harvested sinsemilla pure Hokkaido Japanese flowers but this grow had heat and mite problems so unfortunately they are not the best samples to evaluate this new rare strain. I'm not sure yet whether the japanese has psychoactive THC potential, but maybe the line contains CBD or other rarer cannabinoid and terpenes not found in common commercial psychoactive lines. It's a very raw and wild line. I would like to bring pure japanese flowers to the lab to learn more.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Psy_explorer said:
How do you guys consider this strains in terms of odour? Is it very noticeable outdoors or as others landrace genetics the aroma is subtle?

Super Stealth. Aroma is very, very subtle, doesn't feel "weedy" at all either.

Just working around her I didn't smell anything. To sniff her I had to grab a cola to bring it close to my nose, revealing mango and aromatic herb like smell, hints of sage or smooth oregano, cannot pinpoint it yet.

therevverend

Veteran
I'd like to hear more about the Hokkaido strain. Japan has a long history of textile and seed production. A lot of these strains have low amounts of psychoactive cannabinoids. Although there are exceptions. I'm guessing the strain is feral, planted WW2 or earlier for commercial harvests for manufacturing?

Hopefully you can share some pictures soon I'm curious about the structure. Far Eastern strains can be quite wide leaved especially the ones bred for seeds.

I saw a video once about an old woman who grew cannabis for textiles. She was allowed to grow because she was considered a 'national treasure' of Japan because of the ceremonial role of cannabis-made textiles in the Shinto religion. I should see if I can find the video and post if for everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31BPlfRXDlU

Sad that's she's long dead and the ancient art probably dead. I hope her daughter and grand-daughter were allowed to continue the tradition.

Here's a link to a more recent article about Japanese hemp. The best part is the guy who says he decided he wanted to grow hemp when he was a kid because he'd heard ninjas would train by jumping over hemp plants!

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2014/04/19/lifestyle/cannabis-the-fiber-of-japan/#.W7OEkNQrIs8

sepandbar

Hi, I'm very interested in planting this plant. Please write down the instructions on how to grow the plant, such as soil type and fertilizer type....

--------------------------------------
my blog= باربری

PineNuts

Thanks in advance

I have the heavily seeded flowers of two females coming in and out of curing jars. (Highly recommend drying flowers as quickly as possible if you have botrytis in your area. I used a portable dehumidifier on continuous mode for two days in a closed room, followed by one day sitting out in a warm dry room, then in/out of jars as needed to keep the remaining moisture evenly distributed.)

Inspecting the jars right now: One smells like 20lbs of carrots were just freshly peeled and juiced. The other has a bit of carrot smell, but is mostly... zesty tropical forest floor? Excellent fresh smells during growth - definitely detectable from nearby if you know what you are smelling - but its an absolutely non-offensive odor that I cant imagine any neighbor objecting to.

hey sepandbar at the beginning when your learning how to grow there is alot you can learn by trial and error but some things i can reccomend is to start your seeds by soaking them in water for 24 hours then plant them in moist well draining unfertilized soil for the first three weeks. Use a light regimine of 20 hours of light / 4 hours of dark to keep your plants in veg which means growing leaves. When your plants get larger you can put them on a 12/12 or a 10/14 light/dark regimine to have them produce flowers for you. Finding the right nutrient to use is up to you, i reccomend using water soluble liquid organic nutrients such as general organics grow and bloom while supplementing with granular chicken based manure such as plant tone and diatomaceous earth for calcium. It will take testing on your part to find the right amounts you should use on your plants but start with small amounts to see how your plants respond. Once you decide which nutrients to use and how much is best for you and your seeds you will learn to harvest. You can do this when the trichromes reach 25% amber or more depending on your taste. Harvesting and curing means you should dry your plants to where the stems are bendy but not bone dry and them put them in jars. Opening and closing the jars every 12 hours for two weeks until the stems break easily. The purpose of curing is to keep flavor in your buds by having them at the proper humidity whilst preventing them from molding by disallowing them from having too much water. The slower you do this process the more likely your harvest will have pleasant flavor. There is alot i haven't told you and there is alot you will learn on your own but if there is anything you don't know don't be afraid to ask i will point you in the right direction. Good luck friend

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Lebanese from Ace
picture.php

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Dr. Purpur, that one looks really similar to mine, both in that pale lime green color, purple stems and the shape of sugar leaves, you'll notice branches finishing will get a subtle but noticeable nice purple hue.

Are her branches floppy?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'd like to hear more about the Hokkaido strain. Japan has a long history of textile and seed production. A lot of these strains have low amounts of psychoactive cannabinoids. Although there are exceptions. I'm guessing the strain is feral, planted WW2 or earlier for commercial harvests for manufacturing?

Hopefully you can share some pictures soon I'm curious about the structure. Far Eastern strains can be quite wide leaved especially the ones bred for seeds.

I saw a video once about an old woman who grew cannabis for textiles. She was allowed to grow because she was considered a 'national treasure' of Japan because of the ceremonial role of cannabis-made textiles in the Shinto religion. I should see if I can find the video and post if for everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31BPlfRXDlU

Sad that's she's long dead and the ancient art probably dead. I hope her daughter and grand-daughter were allowed to continue the tradition.

Here's a link to a more recent article about Japanese hemp. The best part is the guy who says he decided he wanted to grow hemp when he was a kid because he'd heard ninjas would train by jumping over hemp plants!

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2014/04/19/lifestyle/cannabis-the-fiber-of-japan/#.W7OEkNQrIs8

Hi therevverend,

Thanks for your interest about our recent reproduction of the japanese Hokkaido strain. I brought some japanese samples last week to the lab. I will post the results and make a specific thread about it in case we find something interesting.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi, I'm very interested in planting this plant. Please write down the instructions on how to grow the plant, such as soil type and fertilizer type....

--------------------------------------
my blog= باربری

Welcome sepandbar,

Lebanese is an outdoor strain so we mainly recommend her for outdoor growing. Kindly check the official description of the strain at our website or in the first post of this thread where you will find growing tips and detailed info about our lebanese release.

We typically grow with a soil mix containing 80-90 % of high quality peat, 10 % of worm casting and a handful of guano in powder per every 7 liters of soil mix. You can add more worm casting and guano for the transplant before flowering.

We recommend average levels of fertilizers for the growing stage with this strain, and higher levels of nutrients for the flowering stage. Lebanese likes hot and dry climates, she is not so recommended for cold and rainy climates unless you have a greenhouse to protect her from direct rains in flowering stage.

We always recommend the use of organic fertilizers like Bio Bizz or Bio Canna line.
Try to learn first the ph and ec of your water, and how it changes when you add your fertilizers. Hope it helps.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Dr. Purpur, that one looks really similar to mine, both in that pale lime green color, purple stems and the shape of sugar leaves, you'll notice branches finishing will get a subtle but noticeable nice purple hue.

Are her branches floppy?
Very! :D

Lovely Dr Purpur :)

Looks like she can be harvested this week! :tiphat:

I will be picking it tomorrow :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Then it looks definitely like the "Martian" pheno I grew. :)

Tested her again yesterday, I have gobs of tolerance, but even being a "kind" sativa with hardly 1 week curing, it does not only add up effect-wise, but seem to be one of those strains where tolerance build-up is not an issue.

Effect lasts 2 hours for me, the two most notorious traits being mind and body high qualities.

Mind wise effect is cerebral but superkind and mellow, with absolutely zero racing/paranoia; puts you in a comfy, receptive mood, where you can be either sit and concentrate or relax, or be physically active etc.

The body effect is the best one I've experienced... a notch or two above the best of wellbeings with zero narcosis. You just feel like a well oiled machine where all joints are smoooooother than new!.

Latest posts

Latest posts