What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Semi-autoflower (early strains) outdoor

blinky34

Hi people. I was searching some (long) time, over the net, the experiences with semi autos in the outdoor, but can't find the answer to my question. In the other hand many people grow very light sensitive strains from seed, and i have seen those results. Very early (let say: Purple Maroc or Guerilla Gold) harvest, late august, begining of septembar. I know that is VERY much dependant of lattitude, root-bound, altitude, etc. But what i want to find is how will clone of let say PM or GG, will perform outside? We can exploit this type of cannabis in the manner of having a few mothers on 22-24h, cut clones, veg a little, and throw outside. Some light sensitive (semi-autos) when exposed to natural light in my lattitude (43) in april will start to flower, and in late may-early june return to veg. We all know this is not favourable, or needed, for very known reasons, to not mentioning, and spam subject. My question is: is there a hardy semi-autos, that will not reveg, in other words, veg a clone indors, and throw them outside to finish in early july when the sun is strongest without revegging? I find one thread with auto Afgani (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=27683), tread was from Reibsi. This strain will NOT reveg when the light schedule goes up, and will continue flowering untill the 22/2, when start revegging. I think we will have much MORE options whit growing, and we been able to maximize the exploit of very light sensitive strains. Think if you start your mom today and in the early may, start putting clones outside, and starting to harvest in early july. This scale down exposure (2 months of out, heigh is lower...), and for weight of harvest you just multiply number of clones... And for that, height of mature clones will be much less so that open new spots for growing outside... Please if some of us have the answer or know such strain or grow in the same manner please let us know... Overgrow the world mates! We are stronger together! PEACE! :tiphat:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Royal Canadian Marijuana Collective...

Anything with Freezeland in it. Brickland and GG#3 will also work. Read the descriptions there and you'll find what you're looking for. I'm looking for the same thing. :)

You'll find autos and a few early flowering mums/dads that will stay vegging under 24/0 and flower with only 4hrs of dark.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

blinky34

Hi Hydro! Yes i know for the mates in Canada! RCMC, Highrise... Thanks for the answer man, but i think that this strain will return to veg with the day getting longer... I was contact the Cres (breeder of Highrise) and ask the same question as here, but he just avoid answer and said that his strains are designed to not start indoors, better outdors (?)... Standard answer when people ask about very light sensitive strains... I was asking and Female seeds for the same, only for purple maroc, and guess what. He gave me the same answer like Cres :D ... Like his strains will revegg when daylight going longer, and better start in the natural light. I think that the breeders don't want to gave us a EXACT answer on this subject because they know that we will buy once from they, and clone our plants... But that is so unethical. They are there BECAUSE of us... We make their bussines, so we should get the right ansers... Hydro, mate, do you know someone who accomplished this, what you and i looking for? Do you see it? Because last i want is we to proceed with our plans, and discover in june that we are f***** up... What you will grown this season? What is your lattitude? I will finally document my progress here, to people see if this can be achievable. I want to use PM or GG#3, or Bluebonnic Guerilla... My first strain was BG, but i ask Cres for this and when he answer me i am not sure anymore... Do you know how clonable is GG#3? Stay Safe AND HIGH mate! ;)

J

Junkhead

Maybe this will help you maybe not. I put out GG#3 at 45lat midwest USA at the beginning of june they did not reveg and finished without any tending at the very beginning of sept. I have done the same with Maroc the GG#3 was much better (bigger)

Oh yes I also started my GG#3 indoors under flouros 18/6 until they are are decent sized (5-7 inches decent amount of nodes) then the were moved outdoors without any hardening. They go out at dusk, get watered in and then there off to the races. officially bumped out of the nest.

At 43 you can run lots of strains that are normal not semi-auto. I can and do at 45. I like to have a big range of harvest times and use the whole arsenal available to me

offthehook

Veteran
I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but doing clones in outdoors will imvh experience become a very short lived brain fart.
Expecting breeders to create a perfectly cloneble, early outdoor strain an impossibility.

I understand your theoretical lay out, but in outdoors you need plants that are like athletes.

Clones that have their penroot token are having a huge disadvantage when dealing with natural conditions.

Bit like releasing a Golden Retriever in a Siberian Taiga and hoping it being able to compete with the Wolves. ^^

But all my best wishes with your ambitions Blinky, you don't have to take my word for it.

Whatever road you choose that makes you happy. :)

NB. I don't mean to spoil your fun Blinky , honest, I'm just an old school & bashy realist that can't seem to shut up when needed most, lol

blinky34

Junk do they flower immediately or continue vegging when you put out? It's clone or seed? Thanks for your findings, it's been helpful. Offthehook i don't understand you? What is plant with the best caracteristics? For me can be a WW which come at a half the october. I think that at your place in Finland will be ridicilous. Making a plant that will stay in fveg ONLY in 22/2? And clonable? Hardy, potent? That plant is allredy there my friend. See link in my first post. But only availiable in clone form, i am too far... This subject which we talk about is way, an option to grow the plant, and exploit it. It is not rocket sience. No offend.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hydro, mate, do you know someone who accomplished this, what you and i looking for? Do you see it? Because last i want is we to proceed with our plans, and discover in june that we are f***** up... What you will grown this season? What is your lattitude?

I'm at 39N... but at 10,000 feet up and with pocket valleys that get short daylight hours.

I expect the hunt to take some time and will be making seeds to assist in that hunt. I am not depending on finding it any time soon as I know it will take time. I have an indoor garden for the meds I depend on.

I'm going to be using some reversed cannatonic pollen and hitting Brickland, GG#2, Early Dane and Princess Diesel F2's with it. Seed stock is the first goal. High CBD and balanced cbd/thc strains are in dire need for medicinal reasons.

Any plants that stay vegging under 24/0 after 6 months are going to be candidates for further breeding.

Would you be so kind as to hit the enter key from time to time? I have issues with walls of text. Sorry.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

blinky34

Nice plan Hydro. I was thinking exact same plan (crossing early) for seed run, but i don't have a place nad time to accomplish that for spring.
I was looking for some of the autos, think that they will be best bet. And for you of course
you can consider an auto seed run. I know that auto is whole different animal (ph of soil, ph of water), but you are then sure that they can't reveg. An auto worth of planning is MI5 from short stuff.
Lot of people was growing that outside, and can get pretty big, and finishing in 3 months top.
The high is some of the best auto can offer. Steady, hardy, mold proof auto, with big cola's.
But that is not working with me, because of mantioned reasons. But you should think about it.
Back on the topic, can some of us grown CLONES of GG#3, PM, Easy sativa, or another very light sensitive, but CLONES? And Transfer outside offcourse?
My main goal is to clone GG#3 (which is clonable-we know/was proved), or some other very light sensitive, and transfer it outside in early may.
Inside will veging some time (week-3 weeks) on 24/0, and when i put it out,
she will start flowering.
My goal is to stay in flower, regardless of the day getting longer, and have a early harvest
in the start of july. Is that possible with GG#3? If not with which strain i can do that?
Or if no one know answer (which i highly doubt), do some of you (older ones, no offense :D )
know where i can get Auto Affie in seed form, or some cross with it, who will flower on 18h,
regardless of getting longer day in the spring?
I think i simplify my questions and plans, in hope of someone answer it... Maybe my plans (which i think is the good one) will affect someone to look for similar way of growing.
It is good. The good side: MUCH early finish, smaller plants, NO watering or very small scale (in my corner of the woods may and june are the wettest months, july, august, september are without one drop of rain), LESS exposure (2 months for just flowering).
The bad side: Cloning, hardening clones, vegging clones, in the end, good deal of maintenance, and asking question in ICMAG and exploring with is the strain :D .
But i think the good side overpower the bad side. Am i right mates?
Hydro-Soil is this enter button raping is ok ;) ? Just kidding bro.
Stay High and safe you ALL!

offthehook

Veteran
What Reibsi is doing in the link of the first post is way to stinking much work.

Who would want to do that year after year when things can go so much more easyer.

Outdoor growing should be almost nothing else as just sowing a shit load of seeds to the ground, cull the weakest and let the weather do the rest for as much as possible.

If it gets as complicated as Reibsi is doing then he's doing something wrong imho.

That link was from 2006 btw, I reckon ppl must have smartened up by now.

blinky34

Sorry for double post but i don't find button to edit post.
Here is the thing. I forget to say to you all (if some one already know sorry), you can do everything i asking with any strain. Every good side, exept one: early harvest.

So you can grow smaller plant, to stay in flower, cloning and put clones outside. But you must do it a couple of weeks after summer solstice.

In other words, choose one strain that is not as early as very light sensitive, nor a haze which come in November.

This is about 70% strain on the market. Let say choose Critical Mass. Critical Mass grown from seed will start flowering in the mid-late july. So you work backwards and calculate the time to start your mother plant,
clone, and when clones finish rooting, you just put it in the 12/12 to induce flowering.

About week-10 days, you will see a flowers forming, then in the 5-15 july (again depend on your lattitude, my is 43), transfer clones (example: about 100) in the outdoors. This clones do not need much care, just water here and there and maybe some light flower food.

For 45-60 days when you put clones outside, you will harvest about 30-50g of weed from one clone. Multiply that with number of clones, and you will get 3-5 kg of weed, for maximum of 60 days exposure of your plants.

Do not mention that plants is really small and can be put in front of the police station :D .
No one will EVER considering as a weed. Even you will be pass by without noticing it...
Julian (MASS OUTDOOR THREAD) was speaking of his 'minis'... He planted clones (minis) i think, all the way to 10. of august. He said that his outdoor minis, was the SAME quality,
as some indoor stuff, if not better!

Plus he was growing it AROUND some major city in the US. Yes mates IN the city. And i think it was just one time (the last one in the thread) discovered, and never again, and never before.

This is some of the best strategy in the weed growing. It is VERY powerfull. I want to discuss it here. But instead waiting for july, we have autos (that have some other issues), and we have our beautifoul very light sensitive to exploit.

I think that we all have a benefit to learn some. For that i created this thread...

Hydro you must buy me a Enter, my doesn't work anymore ;) .

And sorry mate for my incredebily lousy English (not my native).
Stay High!

blinky34

Offthehook, maybe you don't have a problems with rippers, choppers, LEO, and problem to wait for your weed 5+ months. I do. I think 99% guerilla growers on this forum do. In matter of fact, i think that YOU DO.

You are right that outdoors should be like you say. If you cut all reasons i show you, yes you are right. But this is a reality. I want weed in the begginig of summer. I want to NO ONE know where i grow. I don't want to LEO or rippers see it. I want to my weed finish in summer, where sun shining on them, and get like super, super frosty. Dripping with crystals...

But if you don't like it...

You grow 5+ months, water, feed, care, and in the end you could get nothing, or worst. Be arrested.

With this strategy (not MINE, it is ours, everybodys) we cut MUCH of the problems, and succed...

And in the end, i don't think that Reibsi was/are stupid, nor the mates who grow like this.

That Reibsi is the weed master for you. And for me ofcourse. That Reibsi was doing for this community, share his methods, share his grow style, his genetics, his way of doing things, and get nothing for it. I WILL NOT approve that you or me, or anybody less active/smart/generous that Reibsi, who gave this forum and this people so much, call him a stupid. That Reibsi discovered weed and growing weed for you. So, stay behind your monitor and don't post something stupid about people who are longer then you on this forum, who grow for decades. Grow your hay, and when you come with something that WILL be helpfull to someone on this forum, then you post. In the meantime, watch and f*** off.

J

Junkhead

Blinky Julian put out seeds started indoors. Minis were minis because they were put out late and didnt get as big. reread his thread improve your comprehension

If you want your stuff early use autos. Cloning gg is a waste of time, clones are slower outside. I made hundreds of gg seeds last year for this year. And it keeps vegging for another month after I put it out. I put out seeds since you asked. Wouldn't put out clones if I had seeds.

Listen to offthehook he,s trying to give you some good advice. It should be simple.

And auto is a different animal diff ph of soil and water you say? I have to completely disagree.

offthehook

Veteran
Reibsi was doing some pioneering. Just like many of us were doing in that time.

Those were learning experiences, not teachings. ^^

Meanwhile, I myself came to focus mainly on my breeding efforts and without doing sinsimilla at all anylonger.

... in order to enrich our community with hardy, abundently performing auto's... some day...

Last edited:

offthehook

Veteran
I am sorry for shooting off my mouth Blinky. No offence token.

Everyone does what suits him best.

I have no urge to convince you differently. There was just this little voice in my head that hoped you could peek through the eyes of an oldtimer.

All best of luck with your ambitions Blinky, may good times prevail. :)

blinky34

First of all, offthehook, sorry on my arrogance. It is not personally just want to
defend good people on Icmag (so are you, i see now). Sorry once again. Ok i see you efforts now.

Again sorry man...

Junkhead, i read that thread, a couple times, the WHOLE a couple of times. I know that it finish small, i don't see where i am tell in which post, that i want to put out clones and finish big?

I do that for a small plants, for stealth reasons. And compensate size/harvest with numbers. That is all. Ok, yes you are right about autos, but, i don't have a time for seed run nor the space. Same for seeds of GG. I would LOVE to not doing stuff with clones just seed, but i can't compensate yield with number because i don't have them.

And where are you heard that are clones slow outside? That fact is simple NOT correct. It is the same genetical info like mother plant, and if you root it good (i mean GOOD), that have no reason for, being like mother plant from seed.

Ph issues for autos DO exist. Autos are very sensitive in the matter of ph of soil and ph of water. Be off the limit or under and you stunted them. Veg period is so short that if you f*** up, you will have 3 inch plant budding.

And i don't know why people are such against what i wan't to learn, or know? This is like i ask people how to grow weed, and you tell me, nah man just go to your dealer...

Back on the topic, where possibly one can find Auto Afghani crosses that suit my needs?

J

Junkhead

I found out that clones were slow outside when I put a lot of clones outside. Next to them were seeds started indoors raced past them.

If cloning was the only option I had, of course I would use it. But they do lag behind. plan to put them in earlier than you would seeds.

Nunsacred

And i don't know why people are such against what i wan't to learn, or know? This is like i ask people how to grow weed, and you tell me, nah man just go to your dealer...
really? Or is it just that they're not simply agreeing when you answer your own questions?

Back on the topic, where possibly one can find Auto Afghani crosses that suit my needs?
nah man just go to your (seed) dealer. lol.

I think cuttings lack a certain speedy stretch period which seedlings have, so it's an illusion that cuttings are slower, it's just a load of stem stretch which lifts the bottom branches up to a safer height, quicker, on seedlings.
But I haven't really done large numbers of cuts vs seedlings for multiple strains so quite possibly wrong.

offthehook

Veteran
First of all, offthehook, sorry

OTH > Yeh 's ok my friend. Internet often seems to make us behave differently as we would be doing otherwise. Also happened to me on occasion, but all's cool ofc.

OTH > Can't help you with that, but I do hope you will get enough seeds to select for that most wanted female you intend to clone from.

With a bit of luck you might find that one outstanding keeper out of between 50 and 100 seeds.

The way to find that super feno would be to grow them on organic soil with an extremely high ec. like 4.0 Ms (some landraces of mines even performed outragious on 5.0 but I think that would be pushing it with those affies)

All lesser seeds can't handle these amount of ferts that well, but just know that this one super yielder is totally going to love it.

blinky34

I found out that clones were slow outside when I put a lot of clones outside. Next to them were seeds started indoors raced past them.

If cloning was the only option I had, of course I would use it. But they do lag behind. plan to put them in earlier than you would seeds.

No the clones ARE NOT slower outside. Let say that you have a seed and a clone of identical genetic information, put it outside when seed and clone are appr. same size, in the same environment and soil, the grow will be identical. That is in some ideal world. Your grow affect some other variables other then genetics...

In the other hand you may have 2 genetically same plants, in the same hole, which will grow differently, [example], because one part of the hole is too hard for roots to penetrate and have week or two stunted grow while root find its way out. CLONES ARE NOT SLOWER THEN SEEDS, and that is a FACT. Nunsacred was answering to you that this is illusion (stretching) but i will keep my mouth shut, because, it will be that i was going to argue whit everybody on this forum/thread (which is NOT true, i just was giving facts about growing and, my big experiences in outdoor).

The only way is to put clones which have a serious root formation. I never put out clones that have two-three root hairs from the bottom. In that case i never expect for plant to survive. The BASIC, HEART, the whole f*****g plant is in that hole. Roots are everything. If you grow plant you can fail, but if you grow roots, you will grow plant. I can't stress this enough. Healthy, big, roots will survive drought, overfeed, underfeed, molesting... When i start growing i quickly learned this, and this is the best info about growing, the most valuable lesson. To make BIGGGG rootball. And in the guerilla growing, when you visit a plants 1-2 times in a month, (or even none), this is crucial to succeed.

really? Or is it just that they're not simply agreeing when you answer your own questions?

??? I have not answer my question, because i should see it when i re-read the thread... :laughing:

Sir, they don't have to agree with me, that is their right, so is yours, but i have answer my question? C-mon man, that is arrogant, answer for the trolls, but i am not the one. Like an answer to some newbie or starter which put me off edge: please man UTFSE!. I agree to some of the question which is really answered for 200 times in a day, but some people gave themself VERY big rights (like mr. Nun), and use (abuse) that on every newbie on the board.

I NEVER was, and NEVER WILL said that to anyone if any question asked. Peoples, newbies come here to learn something, and starting off in this hobby are REALLY hard for them, and we must help them not say that they must UTFSE, if they don't know how to simply reply on the post, search engine is space ship for them.

And then they give up instead go through subject. Very nice of us. We must help each other to beat babylon not to jerk each other. OVERGROW THE WORLD mates! That is the right sentence... R.I.P. Overgrow.... (if some newbie don't have the balls to ask some question, PM me, i will give you the solution and answer).

nah man just go to your (seed) dealer. lol.

This is what i talking about. Hey all! Big SALUTE to our master of the universe NUNS! That is the most qualified, the best, the most badass, grower on this internet!:laughing:

You are sad my man.

Some smart man once say: That the real fortune is when you learn someone to make it himself. That is the real happiness. I was have that feeling.

I think that Julain was said one time. This is the man who i admire. Not because he is one of the best growers (besides Nun She is above competition), nor is because he is smart (which is), but because he was so generous, so selfless, so patient, to learn so much people (in the forum and in the real life) how to make things work. He swear that he will not teaching anymore, a couple of times, and every time it was opposite. He experience the satisfaction of above sentence (the real fortune), and he was (like growing) addicted to it. For God's sake he created the best thread on the forum, and when people thank him for it, he was saying that it is not his thread that was ANYONE thread, and when people thank him for sharing the way he grow, he always said that thread was not about him, thread was about US (you), to show us what WE can do...

I think cuttings lack a certain speedy stretch period which seedlings have, so it's an illusion that cuttings are slower, it's just a load of stem stretch which lifts the bottom branches up to a safer height, quicker, on seedlings.
But I haven't really done large numbers of cuts vs seedlings for multiple strains so quite possibly wrong.

You think wrong. Clones DO stretch. That have nothing to do with clones or seeds. That is flowering hormone. One simple example that you, and other trolls can't refute (and spam thread) is SOG. If clones are not stretching, people will don't look for strain for SOG, they will do SOG with Original Columbian Haze.

In matter of fact i ask you to do so and tell us your findings :D . Some strains are stretching during flowering as much as four (4!) times the original clone (the hard equatorial sativas).

OTH > Can't help you with that, but I do hope you will get enough seeds to select for that most wanted female you intend to clone from.

With a bit of luck you might find that one outstanding keeper out of between 50 and 100 seeds.

The way to find that super feno would be to grow them on organic soil with an extremely high ec. like 4.0 Ms (some landraces of mines even performed outragious on 5.0 but I think that would be pushing it with those affies)

All lesser seeds can't handle these amount of ferts that well, but just know that this one super yielder is totally going to love it.

Offthehook, thanks mate. Thanks for your valuable time you share for my solution. Good finding for organic EC i never think about that, but it can help our experiments. You are the only one not spamming and conversating about problems in growing. Stay safe, and stay positive, let help each other and we will have revolution on this subject.

Everyone with SOME info and positive toughts, suggestions nad advices are welcom to come by and talk about it. Other one... Go to Facebook.

Stay high! :joint:

Nunsacred

Nice one Blinky

I shall follow you and your advice from now on
You've really shown me the error of my ways.
Can you teach me how to work this magic?
I find it hard so you'll have to be patient.
maybe actually martyr yourself to teach us.
O prophet Blinky
Show us the way