What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sealed Rooms and night time oxygen

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I am confused. You say this:

but then proceed to argue otherwise... I agree with the points about stratification relative to conditions. I mean stratification in a garden is rarely an objective, at least not mine... but I feel like I missed something here, maybe the flaming? If you are arguing against definable stratification outside an undisturbed container, why would you propagate a "supposed myth" of stratification? Or are you arguing that it's not a myth, and that CO2 sinks, because it's heavier? Or is that just a myth instead of a supposed one?

[I'm either high or confused] :)
Me too :( Made my head hurt :(

Bobby Boucher

My condolences.

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpg
    IMG_2687.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 9

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thanks for replying. The gas is off at night for sure. I have the controller that is set at 900 ppm and only for during day light. I have the sealed room. Air in up high on one side, and air out sucking from the floor on the opposite side. I have 4-16” oscillating fans on the the sides of the room, 2 on each side evenly spaced out. The top of the room has the 2-5 tonne ac units, with a plenum that takes the air up and over to the opposite side and shoots it back towards the acs sonit gets sucked through the plants. I also have 4 floor fans under the canopy at the same side shooting back towards the ac’s. My burner is on the ac side, between the units about 10ft above the floor. I am thinking maybe I should drop it to the ground? This has been so frustrating as I can’t seem to figure it out. I bought a fancy o2, co2, co meter. That at least tells me my o2. I was scratching my head too trying to figure out why my o2 is low. My ladies are 5 weeks in now and not small. They would just be bigger with gas. Thanks for trying to help me out, hopefully we can figure it out.....
Try flipping your intake and exhaust around. e.g discharge hot humid air from the space because that is where it collects. My exhaust fan runs 24/7, I turn it down some at night but cannot, not exhaust or RH becomes to high. My grow is set up for auto de-humidification (more$$$) so I don't run a dehumidifier this time of year.

Iamnumber

CO2 sinks,
because it's heavier?

TL;DR

CO2 is heavier than air.

When released at low level (near floor etc) it prefers to stay there (down).

In a room without air movement or obstacles co2 sinks to bottom. I do not know how much time or how complete such segregation would be in given time.

Latest posts

Latest posts