What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show Your Truly Early Finishers

thatguy

My DP Frisian Dew will come down next Fri. This pheno is the keeper. Nice dense buds, with a slightly citrus taste with very slight haze undertones, and gets you high as hell. It's also the only plant I have that has gotten no PM at all. There is also a garbage pheno that's fluffy as hell, I had it throw a couple of bananas on me, as did another grower here. It gets you damn high, but has an extremely mild taste.

I'd recommend it, as long as you can find the keeper pheno first.

These are from the 5th.

All the best,
TG

Last edited:

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
texada timewarp clones from next generation seed stock, very consistant timewarp plants from these seeds. Done today!

white rhino x lowryder clone on the left timewarp on the right.

Dr.lecter

amazing pics!! unleash da green wont let me register iether. GREENS get ahold of these guys i need your seeds lol. has anyone done Early wonder skunk from solar warrior?

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
enos x files, ready at the 55,5 n lat around sep 15. killer potens and great for hash making. exelent pest and mold resistans. worked by danish breeder eno, genetics not shure yet
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

little j

picture.php

this is gg x dp. i picked this mid august.
(i thought that my foot would make a great side by side for size shot) now im sorry to put something so ugly next to something so naturally pretty.
i have to add that i also picked some thyphoon at the same time. mid august. very early.
thanks, little j.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Being done in September is just not that early, anyone got anything done and harvested by Aug 1 or earlier under sunlight outdoors without darkening?
And not autos they are not controlled by photoperiod so not really fair.
-SamS

Tipunch

Being done in September is just not that early, anyone got anything done and harvested by Aug 1 or earlier under sunlight outdoors without darkening?
And not autos they are not controlled by photoperiod so not really fair.
-SamS
Hi Sam, I've never seen Any strain outdoor that could be ready by august even when I started them end march and used indicas or early pearl. Have you ever? What's the earliest date you have seen flowering start? Thanks :tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
My S African Durban Poison was 2 weeks earlier then Early Pearl when grown outdoors in Holland side by side. I know Early Pearl well, it was developed by my colleague RCC before he sold it to Nevil. I have several varieties that are done by Aug. I am all but retired but will be sure they are passed on to friends that are interested.
Just use Autos they are done after about 90 days under any light cycle.
-SamS

therevverend

Veteran
I have good memories of Early Pearl quite a few people were growing it in the early 90s. Growing in clear cuts in the mountains because it would finish before the frost. There was also a '90 day wonder' strain going around then no idea if it is still around.
In the 90s there was a lot more stuff that finished in August. 3-5 foot tall plants that formed one large purple or green cola. I remember one year harvesting a couple plants in the last week of July, not autos but photo sensitive. It was excellent grade A cannabis not like a lot of the leafy scruffy type photo sensitive stuff I've seen.
With the slacking of the helicopter eradication campaigns combined with the medical and recreational plant limits everyone has stopped growing those strains. The focus has switched to yield and it doesn't matter to people if it finishes in late October.
It's frustrating that I didn't save seeds of those strains the growers I know don't have it anymore. Wish I'd realized things would change the way they did.

Tipunch

Sam, with these timelines you didn't lst/fim/top or any other trauma, or did you train them? Would you root bound them and give very few nutes? Or is it pure genetics wise and not related to "how" you grew them?

Best

therevverend

Veteran
Personally I wouldn't train, top, traumatize or root bound these sort of strains because they're only going 4 or 5 months at most. You want one big top cola not going to have time to develop large limbs. If it's traumatized or root bound it will scrag out and not have any yield. Some of them you could grow in a 3-5 gallon bucket without getting rootbound. Getting 2-8 oz per plant.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I am hoping people start selecting for fast outdoor finishers with quality, mildew and botrytis resistance not to mention fusarium etc. This way anyone can grow quality herb in a good time frame and not have to worry about a lot of issues outdoor growers can face, make it easy for the average person who just wants to fill some jars and puff on without relying on someone else. I have a feeling this is a ways down the road from being able to order a pack from stokes (just an example I have no idea if they would sell cannabis seeds or not) or buy at your local garden store, but that would be a great feeling to be able to do so.

Stinkhorn123

I have good memories of Early Pearl quite a few people were growing it in the early 90s. Growing in clear cuts in the mountains because it would finish before the frost. There was also a '90 day wonder' strain going around then no idea if it is still around.
In the 90s there was a lot more stuff that finished in August. 3-5 foot tall plants that formed one large purple or green cola. I remember one year harvesting a couple plants in the last week of July, not autos but photo sensitive. It was excellent grade A cannabis not like a lot of the leafy scruffy type photo sensitive stuff I've seen.
With the slacking of the helicopter eradication campaigns combined with the medical and recreational plant limits everyone has stopped growing those strains. The focus has switched to yield and it doesn't matter to people if it finishes in late October.
It's frustrating that I didn't save seeds of those strains the growers I know don't have it anymore. Wish I'd realized things would change the way they did.
The first good seeds I acquired in the early 90's were given to me as the "90 day wonder", supposedly they were Afghani/paki's. I grew them for 3 or4 years before foolishly losing them. They bred true and were done by Labor Day.

HHILL

I ran a Royal Truth clone last season, finished up early September... I made a Royal Truth X Sunshine Daydream hybrid that finished Sept. 14 at 38N this season. No mold or PM... strong indica. Sometimes Harborside in Oakland has the RT cut by True Heritage Clones.

Latest posts

Latest posts