What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oger Kush seeds

EastCoast710

then what the hell is OGRE? lol.. I got an Ogre cut.. that's amazing yields great.. dense buds.. super crystally and a great smell..

all I know is the Ogre I have hits 22-29% so far from the guys I got it from test results so far ..

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
if you are able to germ them we are looking at several elite uncirculated clone onlys. Have you come up with a backstory yet?

Just kidding :D but would be great to see you try to pop them.

Haha I never thought of it that way...

Consider placing them in the freezer for a few weeks to simulate winter. I would also consider the use of GA3 in a small dosage for an initial 12 hour soak before planting in medium.

Your talking about GA-3 Gibberellic Acid? I've never used it before. I see some for sale here in a plastic vial. That look good?

I'll freeze them for a few weeks like you said. Good idea :)

Huesos

I wanted to clarify an important distinction as follows:

The little work that I did many years ago was just an amateur trying to preserve a plant- that's all.

This is in no way comparison to the years of work that ThaDoctha has done with the Ogers Kush. If your looking for authenticated and quality work, Archive seeds is at the top.

InSpectha CSI: Humbolt is another top notch company.

Too both seed banks: Respect and Many Blessings.

ThaDocta

Veteran
@wesos ... All i do is try and preserve as well. No different or better than anything or anyone else. Many respects man!

idiit

Veteran
found this quote from stash re the male in question:

Originally Posted by Stash View Post

At another site with some old friends that were together while CW and OG were going strong but friends that are still together, I posted the question " how did Ghost get the Ghost OG cut". And I was also posting about my old Kush seeds. Ghost did not anwser but another very knowledgeable friend did. Here's what was posted.

"that cross is epic man!!! Love the fact you are popping some old real special beans... And so glad they are still around...

stash: please keep me in mind when you have some extras of the ECSD x ogers kush

the story goes according to my friend ghost: around 2000/01, ghost bought the cut directly from orgnkid for 5K, which it was know back then as ogers kush, or the original ogkush... There are quite a few contrasting and confusing stories about who's original cut is the real deal, considering I have ran them all, and they are all DIFFERENT, some representing the more indica spectrum like the "ogers/ghost" cut, and also the one I know to be the original from florida called the Triangle Kush...which also is more indica(but pure power)... The sativa spectrum ie: sfv ogkush, Loompa's HB, original tahoe ogkush and one legend cut that is more sativa(yes there are a couple) ---

probably now there are literally not joking around 20+ named "elites" IMO all stemming from some bagseeds, or s1s from one original ogkush cut from wayyy back, before anyone had it on the boards... But all in all, it is all subjective to what high you like and also the flavors, some have a super lemony pinesoul flavor like the sfv, the triangle kush is just raw glue/rubbery funk/dank.. Tahoe super skunky , gas, and a bit earthy... Loompa HB, even though not being a true clone only, it was found in bagseed, prob one of the strongest ogks and flowers I've ever smoked... I could go on and on forever...

when nobody was doing this(passing ANY ogkush around) ghost(and another good friend Katsu) was nice enough back when to spread that cut to everyone and anyone who wanted her... I knew this pissed people off, especially out west, considering this was some of the best quality smoke one could get in seed. "

I am starting some of my very old seeds. I have Ogers Kush F2, F3 and some
Ogers Kush Clone x Ogers Kush and also ECSD x Ogers Kush. The ECSD is the old school original clone. The Ogers Kush was the prize male found in seeds via orginkid.
The ECSD x Ogers Kush are growing. I have 10 plants about 2 or 3 weeks old. Gonna make a bunch of seeds. We are taking it back to when it all started. We are so lucky that these seeds are all still good but then again the breeder that made them is one of the best I know. I will try to keep updated with pictures from time to time. Later, Stash

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7689318

LostTribe

Premium user
DO NOT FREEZE YOUR OLD SEEDS! WORST ADVICE EVER!

If anything you would refrigerate them for a week or 2. DO NOT FREEZE YOUR SEEDS.

Actually,

Taken from wiki

the Food and Agriculture division of the United Nations and a consultancy group called Bioversity International developed a set of standards for international seed banks[1] to preserve seed longevity. The document advocates drying seeds to about 20% relative humidity, sealing seeds in high quality moisture-proof containers, and storing seeds at -20 degrees Celsius

So yes Freeze your seeds. I have an older freezer that is NOT frost free (frost free actually thaws out automatically) though.

I was also speaking from experience with older seeds that had problems germinating as you stated. I tried freezing them rather than just being in the fridge. I got results after a few weeks in the freezer.....all other methods had failed and I had not gotten one of the particular seeds to even pop open in over a year with probably 5 separate attempts in fact.

So if your not getting results in the fridge YES FREEZE THEM!

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Actually,

Taken from wiki

So yes Freeze your seeds. I have an older freezer that is NOT frost free (frost free actually thaws out automatically) though.

I was also speaking from experience with older seeds that had problems germinating as you stated. I tried freezing them rather than just being in the fridge. I got results after a few weeks in the freezer.....all other methods had failed and I had not gotten one of the particular seeds to even pop open in over a year with probably 5 separate attempts in fact.

So if your not getting results in the fridge YES FREEZE THEM!

OK good to know, thanks :biggrin:

" I have an older freezer that is NOT frost free (frost free actually thaws out automatically) though.". Could you please explain what you mean a Lil more plz?

Stash

I've always thought of freezing as long term storage. As soon as you freez seeds a % are killed and the rest that don't die are good for many many years. If only for a few weeks you only need to refrigerate them. For a few weeks no need to sacrifice any seeds.
What ThaDocta said.
Later, Stash

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
so true CTG..........old heads sharing/comparing info on some quality gear........never goes out of style..................

thanks to all in preservation/sharing these gems...........

aka:barefoot
ganj on..............

ThaDocta

Veteran
Most freezers aren't -4 degrees celsius, usually colder. most breeders don't dry the seeds to a known moisture content, most seeds are not packaged in high quality moisture proof containers, and the wiki info is a general rule of thumb, but obviously won't be applicable to all species. Thumbs up!

H

HemperorsKnight

The Docta you can get males from s1's it's not common but it does happen
I think Matt Riot has for his s1's 1/100 or 1000 some where around that line so my theory to stashes male is that he found three males like how many cats found males in cali connections gsc fems

And from what I've put together from reading and asking good people is that from fem line if you find a female that expresses no hermaphroditic parts and is stable in that aspect she will breed dioecious seeds because there was no herm to pass those nasty traits too

So therefore if stash found male's in his pack as he stated in his earlier posts then he does indeed have f2's of the OGer kush

that's what I would call a blessing imo to find them males as rare as they would be in the feminized seeds

idiit

Veteran
it was brought to my attention that s1's can (rarely) produce males. ic's a school where the students run the curriculum. i'm a student always going to skool.

nick11

Veteran
What ever happened to orgnkid? His ogre kush seeds and blackberry bubba were some of the best plants I've ever grown. I know he was a controversial figure, but damn he had some sick genetics.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
it was brought to my attention that s1's can (rarely) produce males. ic's a school where the students run the curriculum. i'm a student always going to skool.

Is it a true male tho ? Ive seen this personally and all the seeds planted from this "male" are female seeds ..like it was a reversed girl aka fem pollen ..im always tryna learn also so its just my observation so far