What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Odor control for micro grow?

Sante

In DoPa
I've been lurking around for a short while now, but I tend to refrain from posting because although I'd love to, I don't think I could undertake a grow of my own anytime in the near future.

However, after reading through your odor problems, I got in something of a creative mood and set out to design a can carbon scrubber much smaller than the one you're looking to buy. I enjoyed making these blueprints, they were a welcome change from studying for econ. Perhaps someday I'll be able to start my own microgrow and implement them.

https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/13908can_scrubber1.JPGView Image

Anyways, lemme know what you think.

Edit Edit: Font fixed. Easier to read now.

after lots of years asking "does it really work?"
thanx for sharing!!

doams

its not that hard to make custom carbon filter for pc.

old pic from my first prototype replaced that netting with proper dust filter so I can replace the carbon by unscrewing 4 screws. you just need 3 same size fans cut the middle of two fans fill first with carbon let second empty /very important/ and third blowing outside tie them together use alu tape around the whole thing and some more alu tape to airtight it to back side of box.

picture.php

and yes this design took care of super skunk smell in full flower 100%

burmese

also you can do it with classic air pump but must end up to waater with carbon,, if you need quick help for smell keep quality//resinous//clove of garlic to cuts and gave it to grow room,, also trick is to grow more strains with different smells to help a bit

Is the 705 can filter the smallest size you can purchase? I have a server tower that a filter of that size or smaller might work good on.

Seshwan

its not that hard to make custom carbon filter for pc.

old pic from my first prototype replaced that netting with proper dust filter so I can replace the carbon by unscrewing 4 screws. you just need 3 same size fans cut the middle of two fans fill first with carbon let second empty /very important/ and third blowing outside tie them together use alu tape around the whole thing and some more alu tape to airtight it to back side of box.

View Image

and yes this design took care of super skunk smell in full flower 100%

Hi mate this looks nice.

Can you confirm that it would be like this - Fan/hollowedfan/empty fan filled with carbon?

Or is there two fans either side of the hollowed filled with carbon?

doams

Hi mate this looks nice.

Can you confirm that it would be like this - Fan/hollowedfan/empty fan filled with carbon?

Or is there two fans either side of the hollowed filled with carbon?

bottom one is carbon filled middle empty and upper is outtake fan everything wrapped around with alu tape and alu taped to back side of box /fixed/ . you only need to turn the box so it stands on its back side unscrew dust filter replace carbon and screw the filter back turn the box back to its feet and you are ready to roll

found one pic with dust filter on..
you will need two for the carbon chamber think they are alu dust filters and they work great and most important you can replace carbon..

picture.php

that alu tape on filter upfront is to make sure there is no air gap when the carbon settles down a bit.. that forces the air into carbon..

sideview with old design/window netting unreplaceable ofc./
picture.php

Seshwan

bottom one is carbon filled middle empty and upper is outtake fan everything wrapped around with alu tape and alu taped to back side of box /fixed/ . you only need to turn the box so it stands on its back side unscrew dust filter replace carbon and screw the filter back turn the box back to its feet and you are ready to roll

found one pic with dust filter on..
you will need two for the carbon chamber think they are alu dust filters and they work great and most important you can replace carbon..

View Image

that alu tape on filter upfront is to make sure there is no air gap when the carbon settles down a bit.. that forces the air into carbon..

sideview with old design/window netting unreplaceable ofc./
View Image

Looks very tidy.

I had been thinking this would be an option so it is like fate that you posted it!

I will make a few of these myself in the next week so thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts