What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LET'S TALK ORANGES

You're guess is as good as mine.

IC folks confused about said lineage here:

TANGIE: Crocketts Cut or DNA
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7460256

Because of:

HT's "Sensi in the Sierras"(which can longer be found) reported:

“Initially growing out 200 Orange Velvet seeds from the Pacific Northwest, he selected 50 females and crossbred them with Candy Jack, winnowing the offspring down to five; then, after two years of narrowing them down even further, his crew came up with a plant that yields three to five pounds.”

Although, this is from DNA's CFF website:

Cali-O x Skunk

https://d*n*agenetics.com/crockett-family-farms/crockett-s-tangie(remove *)

Now maybe YOU(see what I did there?), or sourkush have heard different, but as far as I and others are concerned, it's undefined.

sourkush

i read the article back then in high times, thought i remembered it was OV x OV but maybe it was OV x candy jack. I can only find the online article now which says OV x CJ.

i think dna just wanted to make it simple saying it's cali o x skunk, in the end it's all that it is, they all come from cali o and it's children. Subcool says in a few videos that he believes orange velvet is cali o or a child of it. IMO the new ones are better than the old ones, i remember smoking nice orange bud 10 years ago in amsterdam, but the tangies etc from today are better / more pronounced terps. i'm not american so can't say much about old cali weeds but that's what i read about or hear.

Stash

I recently tried to bring back Cali-O in a F1 form instead of a S1. I crossed the Cali-O S1 with a AE77 x Uzbek. I should have just made more seeds of the AE77 x Uzbek because it had everything you would want but was lacking in the Cali-O. The AE77 x Uzbek reeked of orange, had a much larger out put of bud and a lot more Kick Ass power. Who would have thunk.
Later, Stash

ULMW

I second the C plus from DJ Short and Chimera for a true Cali O genetic experience.
Otherwize Catnip seeds Agent Orange is superb.
I would also suggest checking Karma Genetics terpene range with orange Bubbha and others to try.
Lady Sativa seeds also have superb quality Orange expressions.

Happy growing!

shaggyballs

Veteran
I have not grown ecto cooler, but from what I know seeds of compassion has some very terpy stuff.

Ecto cooler is supposed to be citrus flavored.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
I tried C Plus a few years ago. Glad to hear it's still around (or back). What I got from C Plus was all blueberry, no trace of orange. I know it's in the genetics of C Plus, but never hit that myself, with I think two ten packs.

I appreciate the suggestions, keep 'em coming. And it's good to know that a. I'm not the only one who's confused about what Tangie actually is, and b. Tangie's pretty high on everybody's list of great oranges.

Other thoughts or suggestions on orange flavored weed?

kaochiu

Veteran
When i did bx (crocketts tangie) the first time i've used two similar smelly males on two females (a green and a purple), most progeny tested had orange at some level, and that didn't happen with the original pack. Then made a bx2 and then used the last stored pollen for a bx3.
I put six seeds of this bx3 for trial and got two whorled phyllotaxy, a male and a female. The trico male smelled stronger than the double branched female when vegging.
The third photo is the chosen pheno from the original pack with the bx3 trico male, i don't know what the progeny will be called now, bx1 again, i guess.
I haven't tried most that have been mentioned here, so i can't say if tangie has the most orange, but it seems saturated enough.

Attachments

• DSCN1455.jpg
    DSCN1455.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN1456.jpg
    DSCN1456.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN1475.jpg
    DSCN1475.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 7

geneva_sativa

One that I grew years ago from regular seeds was Mendocino Madness, not exactly orange. . .

but exactly like Tang, the drink

browntrout

Veteran
If you can get your hands on Cali-O x Deep Chunk rare beans from Cannacopia I'd try that.

I had this in a cross made by forum member here and one pheno smell and tasted like orange rind, not orange candy more of an overripe orange but I can see that those phenos would be in there. This was grown outdoors so you know it's real deal.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Thanks, browntrout. What you posted kinda reinforces the idea that most of the good orange leads back to Cali-O.

I'll keep my eyes 'peeled' (haha) for the Cannacopia Cali-O.

Right now I'm looking at some Bodhi Satsuma beans the universe blew my way.

What do Orange Experts think about the Satsuma?

4 Dragons

Ecto Cooler is what you want. It retains all of the great qualities of the legendary aeric77 Cali-O but jacks the potency way up and some how manages to make it even more orange and VERY loud. It will overpower anything in your garden. I've seen a test come back at 32%

Dog Star

Veteran
Orange Diesel V3 have great orange taste,now i have also Headbanger F2
with high orange terps,huge yielder and very potent...

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Orange Blossom Triangle Kush tastes like the name suggests, the most delicious tasting bud I've had in a very long time ...the rosin is just perfect

Latest posts

Latest posts