What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me bros - first grow, lookin kinda weird

ghotiface

Hello friends,

Been reading these forums a lot for help and guidance but I need to put some pics up now to get me some help figuring out whats wrong.

Medium: I am growing in soil - I mixed up subcool's super soil mix I found online and let it bake for like 60 days in some tubs. I mixed one 'base mix' which was promix + a bunch of perlite + worm castings and that was about it, and a 'hot mix' that is the super soil recipe. These are all in base mix at the moment (I am planning to move to hot mix when I transplant them all to 5galllon soft pots - in the pics some are in 1gallon and some are in 3gallon because I ran out of 1gallon but its the same soil mix in all pots).

Strains (started from seed):
Blue Sunshine (blue dream santa cruz cut x sunshine daydream)
Banana OG (? from zoolander)

Food: Distilled water, nothing else so far other than whats in the soil mix.

I went to nursery and got one of those soil PH test kits, put the soil in, add some distilled water and shake it up with a powder. It read about 6.0 PH

Temps are in range of 65-75, though when i was sprouting them seeds I had it around 85 in there.

Humidity ranges from 50-65.

Problem is kinda droopy, and it looks like they are turning lime green/yellow between the veins. I think this is zinc deficiency from what I saw online?

Help me bros and bro-ettes!

Satyros

How old are your plants? I would not expect to find Zinc problems early on.

Overwatered? How often do you water? Does the soil get to dry out?

Scrappy-doo

Bro you got no food at all in that base mix. I'd say they're probably hungry. If they're droopy probably overwatered too.

Your pic isn't showing.

ghotiface

How old are your plants? I would not expect to find Zinc problems early on.

Overwatered? How often do you water? Does the soil get to dry out?

Any pictures to help you have a better idea?

Bro you got no food at all in that base mix. I'd say they're probably hungry. If they're droopy probably overwatered too.

Your pic isn't showing.

Sorry, the pic is not showing for me. I attached more. The plants are about 4 weeks old. I am watering about every 3 days or so.

If you look closely at the lower leaves you can see the lime green between the veins, and they are starting to get yellow on the tips.

Attachments

• foto_no_exif(1).jpg
    foto_no_exif(1).jpg
    113 KB · Views: 8
  • foto_no_exif(2).jpg
    foto_no_exif(2).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 11

ghotiface

More pics

More pics

Here are a few close ups of the leaf discolorations that are bothering me:

zg7UH1H.jpg

kV8qjSu.jpg

w6goiGL.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3038.jpg
    IMG_3038.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3039.jpg
    IMG_3039.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3037.jpg
    IMG_3037.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 8

Scrappy-doo

That first pic is a magnesium deficiency, the second is mag and some other deficiency. Plants are possibly overwatered by the looks. Don't water on a schedule, water when the pot gets light or if you dig your finger down an inch and it feels dry. Do that and transplant asap into soil with actual food in it and your problem will be solved.

I wouldn't use distilled water

For soil I would use tap or ro water or rainwater. I also would suggest letting the soil dry. Maybe you should let them begin to wilt before you water again. The bad growth will turn bad and crumble off as the new growth looks bright green and beautiful.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Your plants are starving. Soil mix doesn't have enaugh nutes anymore to sustain them. You should feed them. And don't use distilled water, unless u add some micro and macro elements to it. Distilled water will pick up elements from the environment, and when soil is low on minerals it will draw the elements out of your plants. So if you continue like that they will get worse.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
You need to make a tea (aact) actively aerated compost tea to provide the rhizosphere with the necessary nutrients and biology and distilled water is fine just no tap water especially if your soil is organic and amended well. Focus on the life in the soil and they will reward you with the results come harvest get ya self the tlo book off of amazon it will change ya game

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
And for the plant I would say Cal mag deficiency I would use general organics calmag bottle in some water to cure the problem I think it's like 10 drops to 1 gallon of reverse osmosis or distilled water

This.

Looks like a little burn has occurred in a few places... the discolouration could be heat?

Yes I see rust tiger stripes on his leaves and I only see those when my led is too close at first I see what looks like calmag deficiency (which it could be) and then the tiger stripes a day or too later. When I move the light up plants returned to normal color, I just cut off the discolored leaves

I'm guessing the light being to close in my instance created either a lockout of nutes or a need for more calmag