What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Roots Aphids in Coco with Bayer Advance Tree and Shrub?

GotRice

Hello IcMag,

Today I have notice I have Roots Aphids. Luckily I am still in Veg. I have bought Bayer Advance Tree and Shrub (Protect and Feed 12 months) with .74 Imod. I will Coco Drench or Dunking trying to get rid of RA once and for all. Afterward I will Veg a little longer to get rid of all the poison in the system.

However, I am confuse with

-What dosage to use?
-How often to drench?
-How long (many days) to wait before I flush with ph water (if flush is needed)
-What other steps I need to make to protect my plants from being kill by Imod?

Anyone who have experience using Bayer Advance Imod please advice. Please trying to be as detail as possible.

Thank You,

Rice

medikushgrower8

I have lots of experience working with imidacloprid, don't use it. That's my honest recommendation. There are a ton of organic, non systemic remedies for RA such as ogbiowar tea's and beneficial nematodes. I'd ditch the Bayer and find something more organic, for your health and your plants health.

GotRice

I have lots of experience working with imidacloprid, don't use it. That's my honest recommendation. There are a ton of organic, non systemic remedies for RA such as ogbiowar tea's and beneficial nematodes. I'd ditch the Bayer and find something more organic, for your health and your plants health.

Thanks for the advice medikush. I went with azamax and neem oil for controlling now. Still waiting on other advice to eradicate those RA's.

Anyone have good experience with RA's please advice. Thanks

Granger2

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You don't need the imid to kill the bastards. The Acephate and pyrethrin is all you need. Mfgr says imid kills for a year, so what makes you think its safe to use at any stage in a 3-5 month plant. Plus, it's systemic. Can't be washed off. Good luck. -granger[/FONT]

Timtimmay

After some research I think Bayer Citrus, fruit & veggie is more of what you're looking for? Should be more on the food safe side! Very important