What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla and Trailcams???

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Howdy yall!

Just had a question for anyone who has used or is using a wireless trail cam.

I see that you have to set up a monthly deal with AT&T for around like $10.00 per month.

I am in Eastern Ky which you guys know is an illegal state where growing is plentiful but also is frowned upon. I am planning on purchasing some wireless trail cams around my grow which is pretty large. In case the choppers spot it and decide to stake it out, I will see them before they see me and know whether or not thieves or hunters come into contact with the grow as well.

Knowing that you have to set up an at&t account do you think its safe to use this for an illegal grow op? Do you think AT&T would see these photos and report them? Is there another way around doing this wireless without compromising location, identity or security?

I desperately need some good advice here. Thanks!

:tiphat:

St. Phatty

Howdy yall!

Just had a question for anyone who has used or is using a wireless trail cam.

I see that you have to set up a monthly deal with AT&T for around like $10.00 per month.

I am in Eastern Ky which you guys know is an illegal state where growing is plentiful but also is frowned upon. I am planning on purchasing some wireless trail cams around my grow which is pretty large. In case the choppers spot it and decide to stake it out, I will see them before they see me and know whether or not thieves or hunters come into contact with the grow as well.

Knowing that you have to set up an at&t account do you think its safe to use this for an illegal grow op? Do you think AT&T would see these photos and report them? Is there another way around doing this wireless without compromising location, identity or security?

I desperately need some good advice here. Thanks!

:tiphat:

Wireless means ... it can be jammed - and intercepted - and Stingray'ed.

AT&T means ... they don't work for you - you just give them money.

I would be concerned. It's not like LEO has given up in states that passed med & rec laws BUT it's logical for them to concentrate resources in states that enforce the INSANE US gov laws.

Nothing right about it but, it's what we have to live with.

One option is to designate one or 2 grow spots as 'low hanging fruit' - meant to be captured by LEO, so they can beat their chests & bleat their bullshit.

Then to put the grow spots you want to keep, in places that can't be accessed via ATV, 4x4, or helicopter, i.e. only on foot.

Make LEO WORK if they want to attack your hard earned bud.

igrowone

Veteran
you gotta think leo is knowledgeable about the trail cams
they use them to stake out big grows, or so i read
warrants aren't a problem for them on phone records if they want them
i read up on the trail cam stuff a few years back when i was dreaming of reliving my guerilla grow days
curious if anyone has a trail cam 'saved my ass' story, i haven't seen one yet

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I would imagine they could trace them back to the account easily..Trail cams are easy to spot at night with night vision...I had hunters trespassing all the time setting them up...They lost every one they ever placed along with their blinds and tree stands...Yeehaw